Smart has not looked that good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Smart has not looked that good

I think Smart looks very raw.  Those that think he is going to take the league by storm are wrong.  It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league.

If he is a stud I will be glad to be wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Re: Smart has not looked that good

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Smart looks very raw.  Those that think he is going to take the league by storm are wrong.  It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league.

[/QUOTE]

Smart won't go to Minny. Either he is groomed to be a PG/SG behind RR and Bradley (if he isn't traded) or he will be used for a separate deal for a SF or C.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  He hasn't exactly helped his trade value has he.  I hope i'm wrong with you, but if you can't play in summer league, what makes you think you can play when the big boys come out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I also would be glad to be wrong, but no Smart is not that good.

I said that on draft day and a lot of folks around here acted like that made me a bad fan, instead of a decent judge of talent.

I could see him being a decent starter, in fact he probably will be. But he is nothing to get excited about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I also would be glad to be wrong, but no Smart is not that good.

I said that on draft day and a lot of folks around here acted like that made me a bad fan, instead of a decent judge of talent.

I could see him being a decent starter, in fact he probably will be. But he is nothing to get excited about.

[/QUOTE]  Being a decent starter may be his ceiling. Now lets hope we're both wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I was watching a game today.  The announcers said both MCW and Trey Burke looked awful in summer league last year - and both figured it out.

Bradley didn't even play, and was hurt most his rookie year.

I think Smart will be very good.  Personally, I wanted Vonleh............but the league is now filled with scoring PG's, and we need to have one.  So, I'm happy now with the pick.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]So you are prepared to blame Smart for Rondo leaving because he isn't the trade bait needed to lure Love to Beantown thereby keeping Rondo in green.

And if he is a stud, Smart no doubt gets blamed for pushing Rondo out the door.

Either way, you are PO'd at Smart.

If Rondo becomes Gondo, Rondo is blameless... and you hold Smart responsible.

I get it.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

neither has KO.   We are counting on Pressey , then we are tanking again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I disagree, he has been dominant defensively, has made good passes and protected the ball.  He is not only learning the NBA game but also a new position at shooting guard with Pressey on point.

Summer League has just started, his rookie season has barely begun, judging him after 2 summer league games when he was good in one and bad in another is laughable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree, he has been dominant defensively, has made good passes and protected the ball.  He is not only learning the NBA game but also a new position at shooting guard with Pressey on point.

Summer League has just started, his rookie season has barely begun, judging him after 2 summer league games when he was good in one and bad in another is laughable.

[/QUOTE]

You compared him to Gary Payton, a Hall of Famer, before he even played a game…and you think our assessments are laughable?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You compared him to Gary Payton, a Hall of Famer, before he even played a game…and you think our assessments are laughable?

[/QUOTE]  Game, set, match.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Ridiculous to think he will not be good just from watching two meaningless summer games

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]So you are prepared to blame Smart for Rondo leaving because he isn't the trade bait needed to lure Love to Beantown thereby keeping Rondo in green.

And if he is a stud, Smart no doubt gets blamed for pushing Rondo out the door.

Either way, you are PO'd at Smart.

If Rondo becomes Gondo, Rondo is blameless... and you hold Smart responsible.

I get it.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Huh? The poster didn't even mention Rondo? Me thinks me you really are obsessed with R9R. Did he nail your gf or something???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

You people have to take a horse sized chill pill...it's been what, T-W-O games in a horsetwaddle FLA. league?

Last year people were calling KO a superstar after FLA. play...give it a rest!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You people have to take a horse sized chill pill...it's been what, T-W-O games in a horsetwaddle FLA. league?

Last year people were calling KO a superstar after FLA. play...give it a rest!

[/QUOTE]

Me not thinking Smart is not that good does not make me not chill. It just means I have an opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Think about it, if the Celts have a Gary Payton in Marcus Smart and a Brad Miller in Faverani, the Celts are golden!

HAHAHA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Think about it, if the Celts have a Gary Payton in Marcus Smart and a Brad Miller in Faverani, the Celts are golden!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

did he compare Fav to Brad Miller as well?

wow. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

did he compare Fav to Brad Miller as well?

wow. 

Yup!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

When Miller was as old as Fav is now he was averaging 15 points and 8 boards a game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

When Miller was as old as Fav is now he was averaging 15 points and 8 boards a game.

[/QUOTE]

Give Fav the minutes miller had and surround him with players miller was with and I bet Fav would do as good or better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Give Fav the minutes miller had and surround him with players miller was with and I bet Fav would do as good or better.

The main difference between Fav and Brad Miller is Brad Miller was a 2-way player, good on offense and defense.

Fav is only good on offense.

Let's just put it this way, if the Celts really think Fav is something special, they would not have sent him to the D-League.

You don't see NBA teams sending quality Centers to the D-League because of the risk of injury.

Fav ended up getting injured in the D-League.

Don't be surprised if this coming season will be the last season of Fav as a Celtic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Fav will just end up like Stojko Vrankovic or Bruno Sundov.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I said Fav's best case scenario was Brad Miller, same with Smart comparisons to Payton.  Even if they become lesser players than these upside projections they could still be pretty good.  If the Spurs didn't prove anything it's that teams win championships, the deeper team typically wins.  Whiners whine... That's what they do.  Keep whining.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I said Fav's best case scenario was Brad Miller, same with Smart comparisons to Payton.  Even if they become lesser players than these upside projections they could still be pretty good.  If the Spurs didn't prove anything it's that teams win championships, the deeper team typically wins.  Whiners whine... That's what they do.  Keep whining.

Maybe with Smart, but Fav will never become pretty good.

Celts wouldn't be talking about drafting Embiid or trading for a big man if they think Fav is the long term solution.

Spurs won championships because they have the best PF in the history of the NBA.

Sections
Shortcuts