Smart has not looked that good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Smart has not looked that good

I guess Farce has a new profile, off to ignore, I need to listen to his tripe like I need to inhale farts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

The San Antonio Spurs were also the first ones to have a look at Fav and they passed on him.

Here:

http://projectspurs.com/2013-articles/spurs-worked-out-brazilian-center-vitor-faverani.html

According to our good friends over at Spurs Brazil, Faverani's current team, Valencia (former team of Tiago Splitter and Nando De Colo), let him travel to San Antonio simply for workout sessions. It is highly unlikely the big man from Brazil makes the squad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Smart has play two games he has not been that good.  I will change tomorrow if he show something. It needs to be said though. He is not a lock.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

He has looked terrible on the offensive end.  Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. His drives have been wild and out of control, very frequently get blocked. His jump shot has been evern WORSE than advertised. 5-23 so far, and 2 of those baskets were ez fast break buckets. so he is really "shooting 3-20 (15%).

His defense was excellent in the 1st game but 2nd game not nearly as much, fouling on 2 3 pt attempts.

Id like to see him play a whole game running the point, cuz he doesnt seem capable of playing the 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

HIs ceiling as mentioned is a solid starter. Never going to be an all star.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I think his highest ceiling is Kyle Lowry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Shallow reason to put Smart down just after 2 games! Wait till the end of the season for the verdict!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I disagree, he has been dominant defensively, has made good passes and protected the ball.  He is not only learning the NBA game but also a new position at shooting guard with Pressey on point.

Summer League has just started, his rookie season has barely begun, judging him after 2 summer league games when he was good in one and bad in another is laughable.

Right.  People are such fickle mushheads.  After 2 games, people are already labeling Smart a bust.  LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I said Fav's best case scenario was Brad Miller, same with Smart comparisons to Payton.  Even if they become lesser players than these upside projections they could still be pretty good.  If the Spurs didn't prove anything it's that teams win championships, the deeper team typically wins.  Whiners whine... That's what they do.  Keep whining.

So if my opinion on a player is different than yours I am "whining". You really seem like a great person to talk basketball with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I disagree, he has been dominant defensively, has made good passes and protected the ball.  He is not only learning the NBA game but also a new position at shooting guard with Pressey on point.

Summer League has just started, his rookie season has barely begun, judging him after 2 summer league games when he was good in one and bad in another is laughable.

Right.  People are such fickle mushheads.  After 2 games, people are already labeling Smart a bust.  LOL!

Hyperbole on your part. After watching Smart through college and seeing his first two games I think his ceiling is a being a decent starter in the NBA.

Does that sound like what you said?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I watched both summer league games multiple times.  Smart comes as advertised on the defensive end.  He can handle the ball and distribute just fine like a PG.  It seems like he's getting used to the speed of the NBA game (yes, even summer league is a step up in competition) and he's definitely trying to figure out how to play the 2.  He seems tentative at times, which is to be expected.  

I see enough raw ability from him to think he will be a very good player.  He might not be a ROY candidate, and he'll probably come long slowly, but there is a lot to like about his game.  The guy is 20, let's give him some time to grow before declaring him mediocre after 2 summer league games.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Two games into his career... and the Smart haters  are busy making their case for  why he must fail.

After all, why draft him when we already have a  FA magnet, 4 time AS playing PG?

Desperate times call for desperate actions.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two games into his career... and the Smart haters  are busy making their case for  why he must fail.

After all, why draft him when we already have a  FA magnet, 4 time AS playing PG?

Desperate times call for desperate actions.

Pud

[/QUOT

Err, I didn't hear anyone mention Rondo, or say Smart "must fail"

I think you are on the wrong thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I think Smart looks very raw.  Those that think he is going to take the league by storm are wrong.  It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league.

If he is a stud I will be glad to be wrong.

I'm guessing you didn't see the first game he played.

That said, he's surrounded by poor shooters which will hurt his assists and force him to shoot more. That's more of a team issue. Smart gets to the line a lot and makes FTs. His D has been great.

However, to really see how good he can be, he needs players to can make shots. The Cs return to 2014-15 with the same team that ranked 28th in eFG% last season.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

This is all about poster ego.  Nobody hates Smart .Some people wanted to draft the available big man, some one of the shooters.  I did not want him at that pick , but I hope he is Sam Jones or Casey Jones or Frank Ramsey in the future. We seem to all think we are expert scouts, but none of us can predict future success or failure for these kids, but as Celtic fans we hope for the best, Of course , after all this blather he could get traded tonight for Kevin Love, and we all have something else to argue about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to billge's comment:

This is all about poster ego.  Nobody hates Smart .Some people wanted to draft the available big man, some one of the shooters.  I did not want him at that pick , but I hope he is Sam Jones or Casey Jones or Frank Ramsey in the future. We seem to all think we are expert scouts, but none of us can predict future success or failure for these kids, but as Celtic fans we hope for the best, Of course , after all this blather he could get traded tonight for Kevin Love, and we all have something else to argue about.

This is true but some are more qualified to assess players based on their backround. Im not gonna sit here and toot my horn but I know the game. Played all my life, still play at a high level, I am currently coaching in two different leagues. Ive been coaching for only 4 to 5 years but I consider myself miles ahead of someone who hasnt really played the game. Its one thing to echo all the of the stuff you heard about on draft night and wish it was true and another to make a knowledgeable assesment based on what you know and what you saw in a game. I dont like when people call you a hater for calling it straight. Im no homer but I WANT this kid to succeed. I didnt know much of him. I saw an interview a week before the draft and thought wow, this kid is grounded, hungry and will make an impact so when we drafted him I was excited but I gotta be honest. I dont see what all the fuss was about. Summer has been notorious for making ok players look good so when he struggled the 1st two games, its not just, Oh he is a rookie. Kedrick Brown tore up the summer league but s*cked in the NBA!

So all I am saying is that base your opinion on the eye test not what he is projected to be by scouts. Hunger cant be measured and right now Payton is looking REAL HUNGRY! I think the difference between Smart and the other pgs is he is trying to force himself to be a shooter to prove doubters wrong while others that cant shoot, choose well, not to shoot so much and play their game. Most scouts say he did this in his 2nd year in college and thats why his numbers didnt improve. I see a guy who is listening to his doubters too much and is far away from confident and polished. I am rooting for him though

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Thank you Interesting insight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I don't think I am an expert scout, I just post what I think on here. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother...you know?

What I think is funny are the guys that get bent out of shape just because some people dare to be objective. Like Phil Pressey for example. There seem to be a couple people on here that think he is a good pg. He isn't, and it doesnt make me a bad guy for saying so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This is true but some are more qualified to assess players based on their backround. Im not gonna sit here and toot my horn but I know the game. Played all my life, still play at a high level, I am currently coaching in two different leagues. Ive been coaching for only 4 to 5 years but I consider myself miles ahead of someone who hasnt really played the game. Its one thing to echo all the of the stuff you heard about on draft night and wish it was true and another to make a knowledgeable assesment based on what you know and what you saw in a game. I dont like when people call you a hater for calling it straight. Im no homer but I WANT this kid to succeed. I didnt know much of him. I saw an interview a week before the draft and thought wow, this kid is grounded, hungry and will make an impact so when we drafted him I was excited but I gotta be honest. I dont see what all the fuss was about. Summer has been notorious for making ok players look good so when he struggled the 1st two games, its not just, Oh he is a rookie. Kedrick Brown tore up the summer league but s*cked in the NBA!

So all I am saying is that base your opinion on the eye test not what he is projected to be by scouts. Hunger cant be measured and right now Payton is looking REAL HUNGRY! I think the difference between Smart and the other pgs is he is trying to force himself to be a shooter to prove doubters wrong while others that cant shoot, choose well, not to shoot so much and play their game. Most scouts say he did this in his 2nd year in college and thats why his numbers didnt improve. I see a guy who is listening to his doubters too much and is far away from confident and polished. I am rooting for him though

+33

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

me too. In an ideal world we all love Pressey, but he is my size ( small for NBA) and does not shoot well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Jeremy Lam, Andre Roberson, Perry Ellis, and Steven Adams all must suck, because they've been getting drilled.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

You people have to take a horse sized chill pill...it's been what, T-W-O games in a horsetwaddle FLA. league?

Last year people were calling KO a superstar after FLA. play...give it a rest!

Me not thinking Smart is not that good does not make me not chill. It just means I have an opinion.

2 double negatives says you think Smart is that good and makes you chill...cool!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Smart has play two games he has not been that good.  I will change tomorrow if he show something. It needs to be said though. He is not a lock.

Not a lock...but definitely a lead pipe cinch...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

You people have to take a horse sized chill pill...it's been what, T-W-O games in a horsetwaddle FLA. league?

Me not thinking Smart is not that good does not make me not chill. It just means I have an opinion.

2 double negatives says you think Smart is that good and makes you chill...cool!

People that are chill never count double negatives. Wait…maybe you are the one worked up about this discussion? Nah...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

People that are chill never count double negatives. Wait…maybe you are the one worked up about this discussion? Nah...

No man...I'm chill!

Sections
Shortcuts