Smart has not looked that good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Re: Smart has not looked that good

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to sycophant123's comment:

You people have to take a horse sized chill pill...it's been what, T-W-O games in a horsetwaddle FLA. league?

Last year people were calling KO a superstar after FLA. play...give it a rest!

Me not thinking Smart is not that good does not make me not chill. It just means I have an opinion.

2 double negatives says you think Smart is that good and makes you chill...cool!

People that are chill never count double negatives. Wait…maybe you are the one worked up about this discussion? Nah...

No man...I'm chill!

Ha. Me too dude.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He looks better without his glasses.  Hey wait a minute, you dont suppose if he wore his glasses on the court that Na, I guess not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:

He looks better without his glasses.  Hey wait a minute, you dont suppose if he wore his glasses on the court that Na, I guess not.

You mean, like this?!

I'm still chill!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If u r chill nobody can say bad stuff about u.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Sorry, but anyone who judges a player's merit after a couple o summer league games is, well, an idiot. Hopefully no one on this thread is that dumb. 

You know who lit it up, played awesome in summer league? that's right, Adam Morrison who isn't even in the league anymore. 

Oly had a great summer league season last year, before stinking it up for most of this season. 

Last year, Toronto center Jonas Valanciunas and Milwaukee forward John Henson were awesome in summer league. Now their teams are looking for them on the backs of milk cartons. 

Meantime, Smart's performance doesn't hurt the Love thing at all. Minnesota doesn't need a guard, they don't care about Smart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Sorry, but anyone who judges a player's merit after a couple o summer league games is, well, an idiot. Hopefully no one on this thread is that dumb. 

You know who lit it up, played awesome in summer league? that's right, Adam Morrison who isn't even in the league anymore. 

Oly had a great summer league season last year, before stinking it up for most of this season. 

Last year, Toronto center Jonas Valanciunas and Milwaukee forward John Henson were awesome in summer league. Now their teams are looking for them on the backs of milk cartons. 

Meantime, Smart's performance doesn't hurt the Love thing at all. Minnesota doesn't need a guard, they don't care about Smart.

Troll Spanker,

I started the thread.  I don't think Smart has as I said looked very good. That is all I said.  Today he has 16 points and the game is not over.  Totally legitimate question though.

This is not too hyperbolic is it.

concord27
    First: 6/16/2009
    Last: 7/9/2014
    I think Smart looks very raw.  Those that think he is going to take the league by storm are wrong.  It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league.

If he is a stud I will be glad to be wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I will say it for a third time. I didn't think he was that special BEFORE the summer league games either. None of us who aren't big Smart fans did not just start thinking this during the summer league. Hopefully no one on this thread is that dumb to not understand that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Are people really blaming the Celtics not getting Kevin Love on Smarts poor SL performance??!! That is crazy, it has been obvious for a month that Minny just doesn't want to deal with the Celtics. Unfortunately their hard headedness is about to pay off for them in the form of Andrew Wiggins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Are we still "dead in the water" also?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Smart was easily one of the top players in college, undisputedly so.  

His draft combine was sick, so don't tell me he is a bad athlete, big isn't a bad thing if he runs faster than Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Chris Paul.  < that isn't an opinion btw, that's fact.

He shot better in this game than the first two, is it inconceivable that a rookie player can get better by the end of training camp?  Or even by the end of his rookie season?  Or better yet like a Jason Kidd for example be a poor three point shooter to start his career and by the end be one of the deadliest three point shooters in the league?

Smart doesn't have a bad shot, he takes bad shots.  There is a difference.

All of his three point shots are dead on target, but about 3 to 5 inches short, could a longer three have anything to do with that?  What about playing point guard his whole life but now having to play off the ball, that has no bearing on his performances, which other than shooting percentage has been great?

This place is all about instant gratification I guess... laughable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

His draft combine was sick, so don't tell me he is a bad athlete, big isn't a bad thing if he runs faster than Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Chris Paul.  < that isn't an opinion btw, that's fact.

He shot better in this game than the first two, is it inconceivable that a rookie player can get better by the end of training camp?  Or even by the end of his rookie season?  Or better yet like a Jason Kidd for example be a poor three point shooter to start his career and by the end be one of the deadliest three point shooters in the league?

All of his three point shots are dead on target, but about 3 to 5 inches short, could a longer three have anything to do with that?  What about playing point guard his whole life but now having to play off the ball, that has no bearing on his performances, which other than shooting percentage has been great?

I think this place is about people not always having the same opinion. What is laughable is you being so threatened by that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

At this point in time, his shooting needs to improve but everyone knew that.   His tough defense and speed will keep him getting minutes.   When his touch comes around from hard work and experience all the ones that wish for other superstar draftees that DA missed on will come around .

Always Right.....at least in my mind

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I think this place is about people not always having the same opinion. What is laughable is you being so threatened by that.

He had a faster lane agility time. That doesnt mean hes "faster" than those players, and it CERTAINLY doesnt mean hes faster with the ball. I have been underwhelmed by marcus smart's explosiveness, he seems like an average nba athelete, nothing special by nba guard standards. He is not even the most explosive pg on the celtics summer league team, that would be lil phil pressey  (39 inch max vert, 37 no step vert).

Marcus better develop that 3 pt shot, becuz he has not shown the ability to blow by guys even at the summer league level.  His defense has been up and down and has regressed since the 1st game as well.

He has shown flashes in the mid range game and the ability to drive and kick. I think a lot of fans thought he was more "nba ready"  he is clearly not at least on the offensive end, he actually seems to be a bit of a project on the offensive end.

I see tweener/combo guard issues with him. He is not a natural pg and he is not nearly a good enough shooter to play off the ball. Thats a problem unless he improves. Everyone lauds his character and work ethic so hopefully he can show improvment. One thing is clear, he has a LOT of work to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I think Marcus Smart is a rookie and rookies need time to figure the game out. But overall, I like what I see. They'll make a player out of him.

June 17, 2008
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

He had a faster lane agility time. That doesnt mean hes "faster" than those players, and it CERTAINLY doesnt mean hes faster with the ball. I have been underwhelmed by marcus smart's explosiveness, he seems like an average nba athelete, nothing special by nba guard standards. He is not even the most explosive pg on the celtics summer league team, that would be lil phil pressey  (39 inch max vert, 37 no step vert).

Marcus better develop that 3 pt shot, becuz he has not shown the ability to blow by guys even at the summer league level.  His defense has been up and down and has regressed since the 1st game as well.

He has shown flashes in the mid range game and the ability to drive and kick. I think a lot of fans thought he was more "nba ready"  he is clearly not at least on the offensive end, he actually seems to be a bit of a project on the offensive end.

I see tweener/combo guard issues with him. He is not a natural pg and he is not nearly a good enough shooter to play off the ball. Thats a problem unless he improves. Everyone lauds his character and work ethic so hopefully he can show improvment. One thing is clear, he has a LOT of work to do.

I hope you're wrong, but i'm afraid you're right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not ready to comment at all on this kid.  I'll wait an entire season.  If any of the people picked ahead of him are not as good, he'll be a "steal".  If any picked after him are better, it was a "mistake."

Furthermore, I will judge him based upon his performance as a PG first and a guard second.

So - I'll be comparing him to Exum, Payton, Ennis and Napier.

If he turns out better than any of them- good for us.

He's a number 6 pick - BUT - he was the 3rd guard taken (if you count Wiggins).  I'm already quite certain he'll have a better rookie season than Embiid........lol.

Don't expect the world from any of these KIDS - he'll play and learn - and then he'll be our starting PG.

For the 10, 000th time - I would have taken Vonleh - but I'm not paid to make that decision - I'm just a fan!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thx , this what I was saying. I saw the article citing his agility which to me translates to good D as he can move lateral. We know he can play D. How fast is he WITH the ball? Because guys that are thinking and not playing dont play fast. He has had poor shot selection which continues in college. He shot an airball off a wide open 3. I shoot better than this guy easily. I think Kyceltics knows the game and has made a very realistic assessment of his game. I can name plenty of workout warriors but his game is unkown at the nba level. Right now he would be a backup combo guard to come in and change the pace. He lacks creativity in the paint when finishing. All mentioned int he article.

You can tell guys in college were intimidated and just let him get where he wanted but he has to change his game cuz NBA stands for NO Boys Allowed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I like his attitude, but I liked Tim Tebow's attitude too.  Hopefully Smart can bring more to the table.  And hopefully Sully can bring less to the table

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I'm basing my opinion of Smart based on 3 SL games plus 2 years at OK St. In the SL he's doing everything I expect him to be doing: playing D, getting steals, going to the FT line, dishing the rock to open shooters, and yes, bricking plenty of perimeter shots.

He's playing as well as I expected him to. The Cs are horrible at shooting efficiency. That's one of the reasons I wanted Jordan Adams. Sadly they took an unnecessary risk on Young. That said, Smart makes things happen with his D and handling. If you're going to judge him on his ability to score from the perimeter, you'll be frustrated. The Cs have a long way to go and must find go-to scorers and vertical defenders in the paint (I like Zeller, but he's not enough) if they wish to get back to serious contention.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is bad analysis because he hasn't had the ball in his hands, he has played off the ball all summer at shooting guard.  Why don't we see him play some point guard before we declare him "not a natural point guard?"  Gary Payton wasn't a natural point guard either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Chauncey shot under 40% his first five years in the league. Most on here think he turned out ok. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHkcB9_edQ" rel="nofollow">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHkcB9_edQ

This is guy has issues getting his shot off and losing defenders...?  I don't see it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[/QUOTE]

Me not thinking Smart is not that good does not make me not chill. It just means I have an opinion.

[/QUOTE]

2 double negatives says you think Smart is that good and makes you chill...cool!

[/QUOTE]

Those are not double negatives; purposely mangled or convoluted syntax maybe, chiasmus possibly, but they were used for effect and not to be assumed as literally correct. "Not never, aren't no, not no, doesn't have nothing", etc. are examples of double negatives. Two negatives do not a double negative make. Failing to get Embiid or Gordon, I would have taken Vonleh.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Troll Spanker,

I started the thread.  I don't think Smart has as I said looked very good. That is all I said.  Today he has 16 points and the game is not over.  Totally legitimate question though.

This is not too hyperbolic is it.

concord27
    First: 6/16/2009
    Last: 7/9/2014
    I think Smart looks very raw.  Those that think he is going to take the league by storm are wrong.  It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league.

If he is a stud I will be glad to be wrong.

Concord..... this is the part of your initial post that I found so far off base.... "It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league."

If you would care to reconsider your position... I'm all ears.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Poor Napier is like 13 for 46

Sections
Shortcuts