Smart has not looked that good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Smart has not looked that good

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Sorry, but anyone who judges a player's merit after a couple o summer league games is, well, an idiot. Hopefully no one on this thread is that dumb. 

You know who lit it up, played awesome in summer league? that's right, Adam Morrison who isn't even in the league anymore. 

Oly had a great summer league season last year, before stinking it up for most of this season. 

Last year, Toronto center Jonas Valanciunas and Milwaukee forward John Henson were awesome in summer league. Now their teams are looking for them on the backs of milk cartons. 

Meantime, Smart's performance doesn't hurt the Love thing at all. Minnesota doesn't need a guard, they don't care about Smart.

Troll Spanker,

I started the thread.  I don't think Smart has as I said looked very good. That is all I said.  Today he has 16 points and the game is not over.  Totally legitimate question though.

This is not too hyperbolic is it.

concord27
    First: 6/16/2009
    Last: 7/9/2014
    I think Smart looks very raw.  Those that think he is going to take the league by storm are wrong.  It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league.

If he is a stud I will be glad to be wrong.

Concord..... this is the part of your initial post that I found so far off base.... "It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league."

If you would care to reconsider your position... I'm all ears.

Pud

Read that whole post and that's what you come up with Pud. C'mon you must be reading another language.  Be well.

Smart is not a lock. We will see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Chauncey shot under 40% his first five years in the league. Most on here think he turned out ok. 

Chauncey Billups shot 40 percent from the three point line in college...which let people know that he can shoot.

Smart shot 29 percent from the three point line in college...which lets people know he can't.  Yet anyway. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Concord..... this is the part of your initial post that I found so far off base.... "It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league."

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Read that whole post and that's what you come up with Pud. C'mon you must be reading another language.  Be well.

[/QUOTE]

You might want to cut Smart some slack. Rondo had a less than stellar SL 2006 experience too.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Pud,  Danny just said Smart will be a nice scorer off the bench.

If you want to continue to diss Rondo then you'll have to take what you dish when it comes to your boy Smart.

Sure it's early but for a guy that was to be #1 last year he hasn't looked like one.

Sorry !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

If you want to continue to diss Rondo then you'll have to take what you dish when it comes to your boy Smart.

Sure it's early but for a guy that was to be #1 last year he hasn't looked like one.

Sorry !

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Sorry !

I can dish it out and I can take it.... and it is early.. and DA says a whole lot of stuff.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I looked it up. Rondo had a good summer league, not that it has anything to do with anything. But just for interest sake.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516764

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Sorry !

I can dish it out and I can take it.... and it is early.. and DA says a whole lot of stuff.

Pud

I know that.

I just wanted to remind you that turn around is fair play, so don't be a "Debbie Downer" like you know who.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Sorry !

Pud

I know that.

I just wanted to remind you that turn around is fair play, so don't be a "Debbie Downer" like you know who.

Of late, I have mastered the art of unbridled optimism.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Sorry !

Pud

I know that.

Pud

Hooray!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Sorry !

Pud

I know that.

Pud

Hooray!!!

What happened with you and fungus a few night ago? I can only guess.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Smart played very well today...he needs to play against good opposition like Payton...he's going to be fine...BTW, Gordon looked pretty hideous trying to score today!

DA? He talks more s_*t than a bit....even he doesn't know yet what he wants...keep putting those valuable pieces together DA!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Sorry, but anyone who judges a player's merit after a couple o summer league games is, well, an idiot. Hopefully no one on this thread is that dumb. 

You know who lit it up, played awesome in summer league? that's right, Adam Morrison who isn't even in the league anymore. 

Oly had a great summer league season last year, before stinking it up for most of this season. 

Last year, Toronto center Jonas Valanciunas and Milwaukee forward John Henson were awesome in summer league. Now their teams are looking for them on the backs of milk cartons. 

Meantime, Smart's performance doesn't hurt the Love thing at all. Minnesota doesn't need a guard, they don't care about Smart.

Troll Spanker,

I started the thread.  I don't think Smart has as I said looked very good. That is all I said.  Today he has 16 points and the game is not over.  Totally legitimate question though.

This is not too hyperbolic is it.

concord27
    First: 6/16/2009
    Last: 7/9/2014
    I think Smart looks very raw.  Those that think he is going to take the league by storm are wrong.  It will be problem making this Love thing happen with Smart stinking it up in the summer league.

If he is a stud I will be glad to be wrong.

Pud

Not a lock for what, rookie of the year, maybe, but to make the squad, of course!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Smart played very well today...he needs to play against good opposition like Payton...he's going to be fine...BTW, Gordon looked pretty hideous trying to score today!

DA? He talks more s_*t than a bit....even he doesn't know yet what he wants...keep putting those valuable pieces together DA!

Gordon has looked hideous the whole summer league basically.  Smart's scoring will improve.  I think his defense has been impressive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Gordon has looked hideous the whole summer league basically.  Smart's scoring will improve.  I think his defense has been impressive.

It sure was today....he's going to be more than a solid pro...the kid loves to compete and gets after it! Celtics fans will love him for a long time!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

What I like about Smaht is he's a smart player.

Some say he reminds them of Marcus Banks.

Maybe because they have the same body type, but Banks is a player who's not very bright.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Anyone who compares Smart to Banks needs to review tapes of Banks....Smart will be an all-star in 3 years....and a first team all NBA Defender in year 2

But hey, maybe the C's still have a chance to get Lovey Dovey!!!

(PFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Anyone who compares Smart to Banks needs to review tapes of Banks....Smart will be an all-star in 3 years....and a first team all NBA Defender in year 2

If you're right then Ainge will end up looking very smart for drafting Smart.

HAHAHA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

If you're right then Ainge will end up looking very smart for drafting Smart.

HAHAHA

Don't even mention DA to me...he's still hinting around about fireworks....I think he really means he'll be playing the Katy Perry song "Fireworks" during every time out this upcoming season...that makes more sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If someone is comparing Marcus Banks with Smart.... they must mean this Smart.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sorry does anyone still think Marcus Smart can't take NBA talent off the dribble or play point guard?

He still has to continue to improve but the 4th quarter Smart is the same guy he was in college; a pit bull who refuses to lose.

If there are still any doubters please refer to tonight's highlights.  It's ok too be wrong, not ok to refuse to admit it.  Recant now non believers!?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Sorry does anyone still think Marcus Smart can't take NBA talent off the dribble or play point guard?

He still has to continue to improve but the 4th quarter Smart is the same guy he was in college; a pit bull who refuses to lose.

If there are still any doubters please refer to tonight's highlights.  It's ok too be wrong, not ok to refuse to admit it.  Recant now non believers!?

For many years, we've had  a starting PG who morphs into Barney Fife when the game is on the line.

If that's what you want, for goodness sake, stick with Rondo.

However.....

I would prefer to have Robocop kick'n it when the game is up for grabs.

Win, lose or draw, MSmart is my guy.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

He will be a decent NBA starter.

I know it freaks you out to hear that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Humungous has spoken!!!

It freaks me out that you think your opinion is so significant that it would freak someone out. Inflated sense of self much...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

The Humungous has spoken!!!

It freaks me out that you think your opinion is so significant that it would freak someone out. Inflated sense of self much...

Well dude…you seem freaked out. "recant now you non-believers"?  Hyperbole much?

I say Smart will average 9 points and 4 assists over his rookie year and have career averages of 13 and 5.

Your turn now.

Tell me how many points and assists you think the "next Gary Payton" will average in his rookie year and over his career.

Sections
Shortcuts