Snakebit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Snakebit

Okay, it's not Danny's fault.  It's not Doc's fault.  It's not Rondo's/Perk's/Krstic's/Green's/Nate's/JON's fault.  It's fate.  Virtually the only people who have not been injured for significant periods of time are the Big Three plus Rondo.  Who could possibly have kept a team playing at a high level with a cast so constantly in flux?

I feel really bad for everyone -- and we could still make a surprising run at a banner -- but I'm just waiting for more injuries that will blow the whole thing up.

Let's stop assigning blame and just try to help hold things together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Snakebit

I have felt the same way this whole time.  It's like God hates us.  Or someone put a curse on us.  The most valuable bench player we had today - Delonte - gets reinjured - and we lose.  We can't buy a win.  And we have worked so hard and been through so much these past two years.  It's just wrong on so many levels.  Just.  Wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

I can't get with the fate thing, sorry.  I maintain that it's the trade.  Period.  At the all-star break the team was 41-14 and had just beaten the Miami Heat for the 3rd time.  We were ahead of the Heat, the Bulls and the Lakers.  Then the trade happens.  Since the trade we have fallen behind the Bulls, the Heat, and now with yet another pathetic loss at the Wizards...the Wizards....that's two losses at the Washington Wizards...the freaking Wizards ok?...we are behind the Lakers.  I can't believe Doc did what he did tonight.  To me you have to earn rest.  They didn't earn it.  They've done everything but earn rest since the all-star break.  The Lakers are gonna beat the Spurs because the Spurs have zilch to play for.  So the Lakers will have edged us by one freaking game and if miraculously the Celtics get to the Finals and meet the Lakers, we know who has home-court.  I mean this is a disaster.  Doesnt mean I'm not a fan, doesn't mean I don't still think they can win but for the love of God if you don't see that losing just enough games to put us below the Lakers is a disaster then I don't know what to say to you.  We had the season in the bag.  All they had to do was not do exactly what they've done since the all-star break, since the trade, which is go 14-12.  41-14 before the trade, 14-12 since the trade.  Yeah I know Krstic is a good offensive player and Green will really help us not be in the lottery in the future.  I must be crazy for having wanted the 2008 starters to get their last crack at a title this year instead of making a ridiculous trade that every "expert" and 75% of fans knew was a horrible mistake when it happened and has proven to be with this abysmal end to the regular season.  I hope I'm proven wrong.  I really do. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

But Mac, half their team was injured at the time of the trade.  Look, I am no apologist for Ainge.  Before he brought in the Big 3 I wanted him fired because he did - and still does - move players around way too much.  I hated that trade at first, even posted about it on various Facebook pages (that was before I discovered this board) but we were already in trouble. 

Here are the guys who were injured on February 24:
    Perk - knee - medium term
    Nate - knee - long term, required season ending surgery
    Shaq - achilles - long
    JO - knee - long term
    Delonte - wrist - was long term, due back soon but still not back
    Semih - shoulder/groin - on and off, chronic issues
    Quis - spine - long term, possibly career ending

That leaves an active roster of 8 guys!  Oh, 9 if you include D-leaguer Chris Johnson.

So you had Baby starting at center, leaving a bench of Wafter, Bradley and Harangody!

We were already screwed.

In retrospect, did Ainge really have to take such a big gamble?  No.  Maybe we could have gotten by trading one guy for a serviceable small forward and carried on with a 10 man roster till Perk returned.  But that would have been a gamble too.

What good options did we have?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Good points. plus there was the small matter of Perk turning down a contract offer and the prospect of him walking next year.
    I'm sure DA assumed at the time Shaq would have been available. Heck, he may still be, who knows.
    It was a gamble but hindsight is always easy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Snakebit:
    I have felt the same way this whole time.  It's like God hates us.  Or someone put a curse on us.  The most valuable bench player we had today - Delonte - gets reinjured - and we lose.  We can't buy a win.  And we have worked so hard and been through so much these past two years.  It's just wrong on so many levels.  Just.  Wrong.
    Posted by MsLithium21

Most likely...I've often said, God's a Laker fan!

Plus, the C's have the curse of "the trade". Some voodoo woman placed that hex on the team because of DA trading away Perk and making him cry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Snakebit:
    I can't get with the fate thing, sorry.  I maintain that it's the trade.  Period.  At the all-star break the team was 41-14 and had just beaten the Miami Heat for the 3rd time.  We were ahead of the Heat, the Bulls and the Lakers.  Then the trade happens.  Since the trade we have fallen behind the Bulls, the Heat, and now with yet another pathetic loss at the Wizards...the Wizards....that's two losses at the Washington Wizards...the freaking Wizards ok?...we are behind the Lakers.  I can't believe Doc did what he did tonight.  To me you have to earn rest.  They didn't earn it.  They've done everything but earn rest since the all-star break.  The Lakers are gonna beat the Spurs because the Spurs have zilch to play for.  So the Lakers will have edged us by one freaking game and if miraculously the Celtics get to the Finals and meet the Lakers, we know who has home-court.  I mean this is a disaster.  Doesnt mean I'm not a fan, doesn't mean I don't still think they can win but for the love of God if you don't see that losing just enough games to put us below the Lakers is a disaster then I don't know what to say to you.  We had the season in the bag.  All they had to do was not do exactly what they've done since the all-star break, since the trade, which is go 14-12.  41-14 before the trade, 14-12 since the trade.  Yeah I know Krstic is a good offensive player and Green will really help us not be in the lottery in the future.  I must be crazy for having wanted the 2008 starters to get their last crack at a title this year instead of making a ridiculous trade that every "expert" and 75% of fans knew was a horrible mistake when it happened and has proven to be with this abysmal end to the regular season.  I hope I'm proven wrong.  I really do. 
    Posted by mac1980

I guess DA never heard the famous line...

"Don't fix it if it ain't broke"

He's the reason your season is going down in flames...but you already know that.

Sections
Shortcuts