So called fans and trolls under the Tobin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

So called fans and trolls under the Tobin

Please, if you are a basketball fan....at all. Stop tearing down your starting point guard. It is ridiculous. If you don't like his play, so be it. But, all you people do is whine about Rondo. It makes these Celtics fans look like morons to any outsider perusing these boards. How many teams do you think would trade the farm for Rondo? Stop with the nit picking and deal with what we got. If we make the finals, that's cool. If we lose in the first round, that sucks, but at least we made the play-offs and got to watch our basketball team for an extra series of games. A lot of cities don't have that luxury. 
            A lot of y'all think our team should be a perfect machine with no flaws at any position. Come on now! We're LUCKY to see what we've seen and some of you act like Boston, or you as a fan is entitled to win the title, along with every game. They picked up a lot of new pieces recently that they are still trying to fit into the puzzle and a few pieces still coming back from injury. Yeah, yeah, it's getting uncomfortably close to the play-offs to be learning our team, but ...in the immortal words of KG, "it is what it is." 
          If you watch sports you know there are ups and downs, comes with the turf. I can understand talking about concerns for this team, but when you start attacking players like you're the coach and know everything. You call for someone's head for a bad shot, or a bad pass, or a slump...get over it. You make it so much less interesting to come to these boards with all the doom & gloom and negativity. Just like last year.

Be a fan, not only in the fair weather. 

Money

p.s. If you hate Rondo now, please hate him if he is a play-off MVP this year also. At least be consistent with your emotions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: So called fans and trolls under the Tobin

Money

its a stretch to say anyone hates Rondo... people are pointing out the obvious poor play thats been going on for some time... and when it doesnt correct itself, criticism continues.. thats what fans do.  Doesnt mean they hate the player, to the contrary, its because they want him to do well and they are frustrated.

Maybe you can sugest to TD garden to post signs all around the arena..

NO BOOING ALLOWED

Celtic fans support their team.. players doing well and busting with effort are loved here.  When they play subpar for an extended period, they bring the criticism on themselves.. fans have that right and it doesnt mean they hate the guy..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

In Response to Re: So called fans and trolls under the Tobin:
    Money its a stretch to say anyone hates Rondo... people are pointing out the obvious poor play thats been going on for some time... and when it doesnt correct itself, criticism continues.. thats what fans do.  Doesnt mean they hate the player, to the contrary, its because they want him to do well and they are frustrated. Maybe you can sugest to TD garden to post signs all around the arena.. NO BOOING ALLOWED Celtic fans support their team.. players doing well and busting with effort are loved here.  When they play subpar for an extended period, they bring the criticism on themselves.. fans have that right and it doesnt mean they hate the guy..
    Posted by Karllost

I'm not talking about your average fan who is frustrated with a game. These boards have new threads every day addressed to Rondo's play, reguardless of who else has an off or bad game. I don't say hate in the way your grandmother would understand the word. More of a basher, a hater, a stalker in some instances. In the way a Conservative hates a Democrat, or vice versa. People who have it in for someone no matter what. If you put a poll up for trading Rondo, how many of the posters here would click the 'yes' button? You know. I understand a fan can be frustrated or boo. I'm not young, or slow for that matter. I've watched Rondo in the past and wished Doc would take him out at that point in the game, yes, I get it. But people here are waaaay overboard. When I read this board I picture an angry mob with torches and pitchforks outside of the Garden looking for Rondo. It's annoying when you look for good basketball convo and all you find is a bunch of knee jerk reactions and trolls in the true form and in disguise ans Celtics' fans. I think you may have misunderstood my intentions with this post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: So called fans and trolls under the Tobin : I'm not talking about your average fan who is frustrated with a game. These boards have new threads every day addressed to Rondo's play, reguardless of who else has an off or bad game. I don't say hate in the way your grandmother would understand the word. More of a basher, a hater, a stalker in some instances. In the way a Conservative hates a Democrat, or vice versa. People who have it in for someone no matter what. If you put a poll up for trading Rondo, how many of the posters here would click the 'yes' button? You know. I understand a fan can be frustrated or boo. I'm not young, or slow for that matter. I've watched Rondo in the past and wished Doc would take him out at that point in the game, yes, I get it. But people here are waaaay overboard. When I read this board I picture an angry mob with torches and pitchforks outside of the Garden looking for Rondo. It's annoying when you look for good basketball convo and all you find is a bunch of knee jerk reactions and trolls in the true form and in disguise ans Celtics' fans. I think you may have misunderstood my intentions with this post.
    Posted by MoneyShooter

I understand what you mean now. Rondo has been a hot topic here for a while. Its my belief the constant bashing of him is met with an equal amount of support  which some interpret as excuses.... Its like the unstoppable force meeting the imoveable object.. theres no give.... and therefore the debate rages on and escalates.

Sometimes it may get personal and appear the Rondo subject is being purposely injected into every thread as non stop bashing...  I dont know, perhaps.

I think when Rondo puts a few good games together, 90% of it will go away...

I had posted a few days ago about when I was a kid... huge Celtic/Oakland Raider fan..  if a forum like this existed back then and the Raiders were playing like garbage, Id be all over this thing ripping whatever player it was that dropped 3 passes... Id want him kicked off the team and dunked in burning oil//

If youre a die hard fan and especially a young one... frustration can get the better of you.  Venting helps, taking some shots at even your favorite player lets you blow off steam... and the very next game youre pulling for the same guy you trashed the week before.

Rondo will pick it up and the criticism will turn to accolades, like it always does. Just fans being fans, myself included... even the ones you feel have made bashing Rondo an agenda will back off too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Karl and Money --

That's the most civilized discussion I've seen on this board in weeks.  I understand what you're both saying.  I agree that the constaqnt Rondo bashing drives me to distraction (although some of it is just home-grown trolls -- yes I mean you, Pud and Dunker).  But I do see a some of it as just impatient frustration by young fans without long-term perspective.

Thank-you both for being reasonable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

Karl and Money -- That's the most civilized discussion I've seen on this board in weeks.  I understand what you're both saying.  I agree that the constant Rondo bashing drives me to distraction (although some of it is just home-grown trolls -- yes I mean you, Pud and Dunker).  But I do see a some of it as just impatient frustration by young fans without long-term perspective. Thank-you both for being reasonable.
    Posted by Number6Fan

6Fan,
    I think some of the reason you see so much negativity in these posts is need for attention. It reminds me of a news article with a tabloid headline. A Chris Brown or a Charlie Sheen. Reporters love it because they know people will read it. There are 1,000,000 more important things to report, but the train wrecks or button pushers get the press.  The same goes for posters. They want everyone to read their posts so they become controversial trolls. Laker fans (trolls mostly) for instance, love to come here to get a rise out of a Celtic fan on a Celtic board. We lose a game and here they come. We win, or beat them, and they hibernate. Easier to deal with in my opinion. A home troll never goes away. They see good things happen and focus on anything they can find to complain about. You can't shake them unless you have a perfect season. Actually, the Pats had a perfect season besides the Bowl, which they came within inches of winning. But nobody cares how awesome it was to see them smash through the league all season. It would have been sweeter if they had the rings at the end of the season, but it didn't happen. But we witnessed history, and it was OUR GUYS! 
    Some people just don't get it. There's bad with good in all aspects of life. In a few years people will think of how lucky they were to witness such a great run with the players we have.  They will appreciate it and realize all of the worrying and complaining was so foolish as they had hall of fame players in town and they were winners. Not to mention thoroughly fun to watch, even in a loss. It's when you have a team in Boston green again  that consistently gets trounced and has players without the love our guys have for it that people might get it.

Sections
Shortcuts