So i guess Shane Battier is a realistic option, according to ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

So i guess Shane Battier is a realistic option, according to ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/25076/sources-celtics-rockets-discuss-battier-deal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: So i guess Shane Battier is a realistic option, according to ESPN

this is a guy im all for, as long as we dont give up TOO much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I will not be surprised if Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier end up in Boston after the trade deadline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

I like it but I hope we dont have to give up Baby

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Giving up Baby can't happen unless we get more than Battier.

And trading Baby with already the shaky health of our bigs sounds like insanity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I don't believe there is any way we can get Brooks and Battier without giving up BBD.

I would be fine with just gettting Battier. Brooks is a better all around scorer than Nate but at what cost??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebostonjam. Show thebostonjam's posts

Who is a better fit for the Celtics...Anthony Parker or Shane Battier?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Aaron Brooks would be nice as well

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Sheesh, I do not want to give up BBD. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I don't see DA letting BBD go.  He's been the backbone of an all too often nonexistant bench. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Mannix of SI said this deal is not happening.  Dead.  Over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jsut read it. super excited if we dont have to give up davis. send some draft picks and the rookies!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Here's a trade that works.

Indy - Nate and JO
    Houston - TJ Ford and draft pick or a young player
    Boston - Battier and Brooks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

No offence P34 but why would Indy do this deal.  TJ is an expiring contract and they'be be getting JO and Nate for another year.  Dont' see them doing it.  Would need to throw in Avery and Erden or some picks for them to even consider it.

Only way we get Battier is if we package Nate with some some combination of Bradley, Semi and some picks.   I think it is worth it as we need to go ALL IN this year.  Next year is a huge question mark and you have to think Miami will be much better when they pick up a point guard and upgrade their center position.  I've read Chauncey really wants to join them.   This year is our best shot..   We also have to Deal with Chicago which will also be better.  Time is Now!!!!

No way Pierce can handle Deng, Lebron, Artest/Kobe without some help.  If he gets in foul trouble we're toast.  Can you imagine Ray or Wafer trying to guard Lebron for extended minutes?   YIKES... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Battier is a player Danny should be offering our assets for. Perfect Trading him for Davis however is a lateral move production wise and just opens up a new hole. So that won't be the play.

Battier is worth our 1st rd pick and one of Avery or Semih. If Houston won't bend i'd give them both. This is a move that can win a chmapionship. Only issue is Houston would have to take Nate to make the money work. Even an offer of Quis/Avery/Wafer/Semih is 800k short of working. Nate is owed 4.5 million next year so Houston would likely need something good to agree to pay that.

Nate, Quis and Avery works + a pick. Houston would likely buy out Quis and he could rejoin us in 30 days, he won't even be able to play till then anyhow and i'd assume that with Battier playing like 24 mins @ SF Pierce, West and Wafer would combine easily to take backup SG mins.

I'd even make it our 1st rd pick in 2012... Houston will likely think we'd have a worse pick next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: So i guess Shane Battier is a realistic option, according to ESPN:
    [QUOTE]No offence P34 but why would Indy do this deal.  TJ is an expiring contract and they'be be getting JO and Nate for another year.  Dont' seem them doing it.  Would need through in Avery and semi or some picks for them to even consider it. Only way we get Battier is is we package Nate with some Bradley semi and some picks.   I think it is worth it as we need to go all in this year.  Next year is a question mark and you have to think Miami will be much better when they pick up a point guard and upgrade center.  I've read Chauncey really wants to join them.   This year is our best shot.. No way Pierce can handle Deng, Lebron, Artest/Kobe without some help.  If he gets in foul trouble we're toast.  Can you imagine Ray or Wafer trying to guard Lebron for extended minutes?   YIKES... 
    Posted by celticjay[/QUOTE]

The Pacers are a playoff team. JO will add size and experience to a young and undersized Pacers frontcourt. While Nate will provide instant offense off the bench. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Nobody wants JO.  If he was healthy they may, but I think he wore out his welcome there and he is ready to be put out to pasture.  The way Nate has played this year, I don't think the Celts could give him away..  Sure we don't expect him to play the point, but this year he can't even shoot. I'd rather have Eddie House at this point.  Sorry no way Indy wants this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Houston-Boston deal involving Shane Battier not happening, says source close to situation
    http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/39886282637328384

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol..BBD is not a part of this trade. at all. not even close. JON? maybe. Avery? maybe. Luke? maybe. Von? maybe. Nate? maybe. but Ainge is not going to move a key part of our team, and thats what baby is. he will move a more distant role player, but not our best bench guy lol. that doesnt even make sense. think ppl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ok my 2 cents.

Battier for Bradley, JO, and a #1 pick.
    If you want to, you can add  Brooks and Nate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHATS wrong with u people? yep i want to have kobe and dirk novitski in a trade deal too.. come on! any deal that requires us giving up more than a first rounder, deferred secound, nate, avery, or rest of quis deal is a non-starter! no way i am giving up semih? r u nuts? like the dumb knicks giving up mozgov?  they should have given up felton, fields, ganielleri and chandler and draft picks, and left it at that.. always easier to find swing guys... in 2 years, perk and semih, and luke will be the core at center and PF! i am sure danny is making that clear.. if it means we get a butler, so be it.. cant just throw it all out there just for this one year, with no guarantees.. come playoff time all FOUR of our centers will be ready to go. no team can match up or counter that in any combo! could have semih as the 3rd center over jon depending on his health! i could live with avery agaist bron and others defensively if need be!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Battier out, according to league sources.

CSNNE

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: So i guess Shane Battier is a realistic option, according to ESPN:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So i guess Shane Battier is a realistic option, according to ESPN : You mean like Nate's instant offense off our bench
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Damfuno - you're right on the money.  Why does anyone think Nate is going to attract a lot of attention?  He'll be a throw in on some deal but no one is going to assume he delivers them great offense.   he's shown that he can't.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i don't really see any reason why any of the teams who have a player that the celtics might want tight now would be very interested in either jermaine o'neal or nate robinson.   if only because of their contracts next year why would anyone want these two guys in one deal.  never mind that o'neal may be out all year and robinson has not played really well all year to this point.

now if you want to toss in some draft picks over a couple of years along with robinson and o'neal to make the finances work, perhaps you might get a battier.

the idea of a team wanting to trade for either perkins or davis also confuses me unless either guy is going to immediately sign an extension with the new team while neither player has indicated his desire to extend in boston (very successful team since both guys got here) which is the only team either guy has ever known. 

just as confusing would be why the celtics would want to trade either of these guys off this year's team for a back up small forward.  both of these guys are young and currently hold down big spots in the rotation right now on a team that is certainly playoff bound again.

Sections
Shortcuts