So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach

Im sorry, he probably is a good defensive coach, but with the game on the line, i thought get got out coached down the final minutes..Also, not much energy in his voice to get his players fired up..at least spoalstra has some energy..Doc is still a better fit  for the Celts. no way Thibbs can handle the big three..even if chicago comes back an wins this series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach

Yeah, it's nice to see Thibbs showing his humanness.  I said this about players earlier today and it's also true for coaches.  We put our guys under a microscope and when they don't perform perfectly we just assume X Player or Y Coach would do better.  Thibbs is an excellent coach - not taking that away one bit - but he did NOT have to deal with the injuries and revolving door of players as Doc had to.  Coach-wise, I am 100% happy with what we've got.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Coaches can tighten up in crucial games just like players..lets hope thats not what happened..i like thibbs, but he still has to earn his stripes..as a coach

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach:
    [QUOTE]Im sorry, he probably is a good defensive coach, but with the game on the line, i thought get got out coached down the final minutes..Also, not much energy in his voice to get his players fired up..at least spoalstra has some energy..Doc is still a better fit  for the Celts. no way Thibbs can handle the big three..even if chicago comes back an wins this series.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

It's one freaking game!!  Has the great Auerbach ever run the table in the playoffs?  I know Phil Jackson hasn't, even with the 70-12 team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Bulls will win this series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach:
    [QUOTE]In Response to So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach : It's one freaking game!!  Has the great Auerbach ever run the table in the playoffs?  I know Phil Jackson hasn't, even with the 70-12 team.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Agreed, its only one game, the guy is a rookie coach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]The Bulls will win this series.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't see it.  The Pendulum has just swung towards South Beach.  You hate the Heat so much that you can't see straight?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach : Agreed, its only one game, the guy is a rookie coach.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Yes, rookie coach..exactly..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to So much for Thibbs the wonder boy coach : It's one freaking game!!  Has the great Auerbach ever run the table in the playoffs?  I know Phil Jackson hasn't, even with the 70-12 team.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

i didn't say he had to be perfect...i said he looked a little shaky, maybe even nervous. probably a little of both..he is a rookie coach. who's comparing him to auerbach or jackson? I'm just saying i hope he does'nt buckle under the pressure. I just thought he looked less than sure of himself during the time outs.
    Hes's human..geez

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

the heat were the better team in game 2.

they played good defense on drose and it became one of his off-nights.

it is just one game, we still have to see how the series ends.

speaking of coaches, idunno why, but spo weirds me out when he does the post game interviews, timeouts and those pregame peeptalks :/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If I was a Bulls fan, Id be more concerned about how DRose has been shut down more than anything else. 

Its not just that hes playing poorly... everyone has slumps... but its that Miamis defense is whats shutting him down..  He cant get into the paint and the times that he does, his shots getting blocked or hes getting trapped and hes not dealing with it well..

Personally, I think the BUlls need to stop setting Rose picks up top.. its bringing another defender that steps out on him  and really sticks with him longer than usual.. He'd be better off taking Bibby off the dribble and working from there imo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm not sure it was coaching down the stretch.  Ultimately, I just don't see Boozer, Noah, Deng, etc as a group that's going to beat Miami.  I am likely biased, but I think the winner of the Celtic's/Heat series was always going to the NBA finals.

Noah is loved by many but is overrated.  He's a high energy rebounding machine, but he can't get his own shot very often and is negated with energy from the Heat.  Same for Deng and Boozer is the most erratic of them all.  So, as I've advocated before - the Bulls are too one dimensional and when Rose is shut down, they will struggle.

On the flip side, Miami came into the series after playing Boston.  They were not prepared for Chicago's size and energy and they "celebrated" in their minds after beating Boston.  They've now settled down and are more focused, again.  They now know what it takes to stop Chicago (energy on the Boards).  Add to that when Lebron or Wade can hit outside, they are difficult to stop (we learned that in the last series).  So lebron was hitting jumpers last night and when that happens - good night.   Next game it will be Wade.   Chicago is done.  

Thibbs is a good guy, but he can't make Boozer nor Deng into Pierce and Garnett nor Bosh and Lebron nor Gasol and Odom nor.....well, you get my point.  Chicago's supporting cast is just not going to beat the Heat.  IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree that Miami probably has the best chance of winning this series, but I really want Chicago to win.  I would just hate to see Miami in the NBA finals this year.  They will probably be in the NBA finals several times, just don't want to see it happen this year.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lebron drilling out of rhythm, last second 3's ... Hes done it against the C's and now Bulls however, I dont think thats gonna continue throughout the playoffs

Lebron didnt miraculously get Rays touch from out there.. he gets credit but lets face it, the Heat offense has been bogged down late and Lebron is pulling shots out (the 3's mainly) from you know where.

I will say this, Lebron is playing much better team ball than his days in Cleve.. hes no longer the black hole with 20 secs on the clock.. hes no longer winding up from half court and going 1on1... hes even passing better and playing a great all around game.

Biggest issue imo is getting Rose some daylight to operate.. they cant win series if hes not playing well

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Icnd,
    I do hate the Heat but I have seen the Bulls have an off game and come back to dominate.  Their legs looked tired in this last game which not in keeping with the youth of the Bulls.   I bet they will come back to handle the Heat, but of course my predictive qualities are not that good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Miami made the necessary adjustments and chicago could not counter.I could not believe the shots being taken by rose down the stretch.come to think about it , the celtics looked like that down the stretch also. Is this miami defense really that good?? If so, the league is in big trouble.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]If I was a Bulls fan, Id be more concerned about how DRose has been shut down more than anything else.  Its not just that hes playing poorly... everyone has slumps... but its that Miamis defense is whats shutting him down..  He cant get into the paint and the times that he does, his shots getting blocked or hes getting trapped and hes not dealing with it well.. Personally, I think the BUlls need to stop setting Rose picks up top.. its bringing another defender that steps out on him  and really sticks with him longer than usual.. He'd be better off taking Bibby off the dribble and working from there imo
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

They were doing it to Rondo too. They have great permieter defense. Everyone was acting like it was a case of Rondo not trying or something, it wasn't it was a case of the other team having lebron and Wade.

I still the think the bulls win this series though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Halsem is the X factor and saviour for this team right on time last night. If Halsem doesnt play the heat lose again, IMO

IF Haslem can continue to offset Chicago's size by being a rugged rebounder and defender they will have a good shot, and Haslem looks healthy now....so yeah Good night and get ready to p uke because the Heat will pull this out...They just want it more....you could tell by how tired Lebron was after the game that he went all out and although he said the Celtics was his big challenge, he will change that tune after this series.  They are really working harder to win this series, as Chicago's defense is more smothering than ours was....hate to say it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]The Bulls will win this series.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    have you no doubt

or shame for that matter?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

You have to be a bigger moron, to think that we don't know you are a troll!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

At least Thibs took Chalmers out of the game. Bulls put pressure on him bringing the ball up the court like I prayed Doc to do as well. Actually I would put pressure on all Miami guy bringing the ball up at least every second or third position.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I was sorry when Thibbs left because our defense was just remnants of what it was under his tutelage.  He has done an incredible job with Chicago expecially considering that they only have one AS.  Anyone who knows anything about winning a BBall title knows that you need at least 2 bonafide AS's and at least one other player who on any given night can be an AS.  When you consider the Chicago roster he has done an incredible job.  Their defense was tremendous in the first 2 Miami games......unfortunately they couldn't hit the side of a barn on offense if they were locked inside
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Good try at rewriting history, damfuno.  But, its not true.  In the first 2/3 of the season, our defense (without Perk) as as good as it was last year!   The C's were fine and were holding teams down in both field goal percentage and points.  Our defense didn't get worse after Thibbs left.  Our defense fell apart as the team fell apart in the last 1/3 of the season due to the team wearing out (which happened because we had new players who didn't know the defense and weren't strong defensively.....because they were all replacements for our injured bench!!).  

Give proper credit where credit is due.  Thibbs is a great coach, but we were fine after he left until all the changes happened.

Sections
Shortcuts