so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.

cool. il get cheap playoff tickets to watch this team do what it does best; Fight with all their heart when it counts the most.

yea they were terrible in miami today. so does that we are down 0-1 in the series? I don't believe so unless david stern pulls a trick on us. (would u doubt it?)

now i wish they played hard today and wanted the game more, but they didn't. I personally think HC is very important in the NBA playoffs due to the easily swayed half-retarded refs.

I have no doubt they will get it together and lay it all on the line when the games begin. This team is too proud to play this poorly.

I guess you all forgot game 3 of the series vs cleveland when we lost by 30 at home.

NBA is marathon and no one is better at than the Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.

I guess you can always say youre optimistic regardless of what youre watching on the court.  Heck, you got a 50/50 chance of being right.  All youre missing is evidence to make your case

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Not all of us are thowing in the towel, Btown.  Most of us who are even still posting are just discouraged.  We needed this win.  Badly.  Now we've just given the Heat a boatload of confidence and most likely the #2 seed.  I could go on and on... but it just hurts.  It's actually physically painful for me to think about what happened today.  And I've heard others say the same thing.

You're very strong and have a lot of faith, which is absolutely necessary for fans of a team that has been tested the way the Celtics were this year.  And that faith gets further tested when we think we've hit rock bottom and then wind up sinking lower (like today.)

When will we have that moment where the Big 3 whips the rest of the team into shape psychologically and takes no prisoners... and then we never look back all the way to #18?

We're just waiting for that to happen.  I for one believe that it not only can but should.  Mainly because the nucleus of this team is just too good and too proud to let things end like this.  I for one believe, period.  Hard as it is right now.

Thank you for your post, and please KEEP posting!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.:
    [QUOTE]I guess you can always say youre optimistic regardless of what youre watching on the court.  Heck, you got a 50/50 chance of being right.  All youre missing is evidence to make your case
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

which is why they call it faith. Isn't that what fans are supposed to have?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The evidence is that they did it last year.
    So why not this year?
    FWIW, I don't think its going to happen, but we'll find out soon enough. If we get NY it will be a heck of a series and by no means it will be easy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

And Pierce, Allen, gernett and Rondo should not play this week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Faith?? A better term would be Blind Faith... meaning in spite of facts, logic and a good dose of reality... you choose to be in denial.

If the C's win the title you wouldnt be vindicated. You would first need to explain the logic that led you to make such a statement...

ITs close to saying you felt the 69 Mets would win the World Series even though the team had stunk every year in its existence and had no legit chance of getting to the playoffs.... still they got it done...  thats why they were coined the MIRACLE METS..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.:
    [QUOTE]Not all of us are thowing in the towel, Btown.  Most of us who are even still posting are just discouraged.  We needed this win.  Badly.  Now we've just given the Heat a boatload of confidence and most likely the #2 seed.  I could go on and on... but it just hurts.  It's actually physically painful for me to think about what happened today.  And I've heard others say the same thing. You're very strong and have a lot of faith, which is absolutely necessary for fans of a team that has been tested the way the Celtics were this year.  And that faith gets further tested when we think we've hit rock bottom and then wind up sinking lower (like today.) When will we have that moment where the Big 3 whips the rest of the team into shape psychologically and takes no prisoners... and then we never look back all the way to #18? We're just waiting for that to happen.  I for one believe that it not only can but should.  Mainly because the nucleus of this team is just too good and too proud to let things end like this.  I for one believe, period.  Hard as it is right now. Thank you for your post, and please KEEP posting!!!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I know you aren't giving up. u need to stay around. usually its like im just posting to vent thoughts haha. I'm glad someone thinks like me.

I am just trying to lift the spirits of some really depressed fans. I know we are down right now, but we will bouce back.

A lot can be learned from be emotionally invested in sports. I have learned countless lessons from watching my teams and that is why I keep a level head.

Right now the lesson is PERSPECTIVE. Don't let a few bad games ruin your belief and enjoymentin the team. The NBA season and playoffs is marathon and the Celtics are tripping. Soon they will be sprinting at full speed again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]Faith?? A better term would be Blind Faith... meaning in spite of facts, logic and a good dose of reality... you choose to be in denial. If the C's win the title you wouldnt be vindicated. You would first need to explain the logic that led you to make such a statement... ITs close to saying you felt the 69 Mets would win the World Series even though the team had stunk every year in its existence and had no legit chance of getting to the playoffs.... still they got it done...  thats why they were coined the MIRACLE METS..

You misunderstood. Faith isn't blind by any means.

I'l give u one good reason they can do it. Rondo, Ray, Pierce, and KG have all done it before.

I'll bet all of u wrote off the heat when they were losing early in the season, while I said, Ok great win, but lets wait until may to celebrate.

it was a bad game today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]The evidence is that they did it last year. So why not this year? FWIW, I don't think its going to happen, but we'll find out soon enough. If we get NY it will be a heck of a series and by no means it will be easy.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

agree except the point about the knicks. they really have no depth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

geez, the way its looking, il be sitting courtside for $10 lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Until Perk comes back yea..... well i'll settle for at least Shaq..... where's Rasheed...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I'm a celts fan till the very end of my days.

In the mean time I'm really skeptical they will make it to the finals this year. But let's wait and see, nothing is over until the fat lady sings...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : You misunderstood. Faith isn't blind by any means. I'l give u one good reason they can do it. Rondo, Ray, Pierce, and KG have all done it before. I'll bet all of u wrote off the heat when they were losing early in the season, while I said, Ok great win, but lets wait until may to celebrate. it was a bad game today.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

You can have faith I guess but relying upon what the C's did last season to repeat is an extremely long shot. You said the Celtics did it last year... ok

Since you want to use prescedents... What team  has played as horrible as the C's in the final month of reg season and gone on to the NBA finals 2 years in a row??  If you can tell me that, you can keep your faith

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Go Celtics!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

It was another long game. Before the year sterted everyone was happy with 55 to 57 wins. We are not as bad as we played last few weeks. It will get better

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : You can have faith I guess but relying upon what the C's did last season to repeat is an extremely long shot. You said the Celtics did it last year... ok Since you want to use prescedents... What team  has played as horrible as the C's in the final month of reg season and gone on to the NBA finals 2 years in a row??  If you can tell me that, you can keep your faith

lol yea let me go look that up.

How many teams have ever had 4 older HOFs on the team?

I am using the proof that his core group did it before, not some other unrelated team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]It was another long game. Before the year sterted everyone was happy with 55 to 57 wins. We are not as bad as we played last few weeks. It will get better
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]
    Good attitude.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Not me, buddy. The real season hasn't even started. Not that I am old or anything, I've just seen a bunch. Heck I remember as a kid seeing the NFL's Miami Dolphins come back to nearly pullout a victory against San Diego after being down 24-0 after one quarter back in the '81 playoffs. I saw a 45 year old George Foreman come out of retirement to knockout a 26 year old Michael Moorer to become world champ. Nothing surprises me just gotta keep coming back. A great man once said: "It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." That's life buddy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Not me, buddy. The real season hasn't even started. Not that I am old or anything, I've just seen a bunch. Heck I remember as a kid seeing the NFL's Miami Dolphins come back to nearly pullout a victory against San Diego after being down 24-0 after one quarter back in the '81 playoffs. I saw a 45 year old George Foreman come out of retirement to knockout a 26 year old Michael Moorer to become world champ. Nothing surprises me just gotta keep coming back. A great man once said: "It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." That's life buddy.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

That IS what life is about.  These are the experiences that really make a person.  As I've said before, you have great wisdom and I hope you keep posting!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : lol yea let me go look that up. How many teams have ever had 4 older HOFs on the team? I am using the proof that his core group did it before, not some other unrelated team.

None have - and as I've said before, at least the older 3 would bristle with the thought of going out like this and having this be their legacy.  Neither will Shaq.  Faith, by definition, is believing when you don't have a lot of information to back it up.  If faith, didn't exist in sports, it would all be a lot less interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : That IS what life is about.  These are the experiences that really make a person.  As I've said before, you have great wisdom and I hope you keep posting!
    Nah, just watching too many Rocky movies!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViivBhKQwCA&NR=1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

The playoffs starts in less than a week common people this is their last shot . Trust me the Big three wont play this lazy cme playoffs. But My boy Rondo needs to set his priorities. Rondo attack the damn rim; get their bigs in foul trouble early.  I wish I was related to him in someway so I can get that in his F*** head. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : I know you aren't giving up. u need to stay around. usually its like im just posting to vent thoughts haha. I'm glad someone thinks like me. I am just trying to lift the spirits of some really depressed fans. I know we are down right now, but we will bouce back. A lot can be learned from be emotionally invested in sports. I have learned countless lessons from watching my teams and that is why I keep a level head. Right now the lesson is PERSPECTIVE. Don't let a few bad games ruin your belief and enjoymentin the team. The NBA season and playoffs is marathon and the Celtics are tripping. Soon they will be sprinting at full speed again.

Well, I'm going to do my best.  It's just really hard being on this board, being in such a bad mood myself about today's game, talking to other people who are in an equally bad mood.

I'm like you in that I've learned a lot of life lessons from my emotional (over)investment in sports.  The work ethic I have today can actually be traced back to what I heard a sportscaster say about Larry Bird when I was 12: "I've never seen anyone so self-motivated."  And up until recently, the Big 3 taught me that even in sports and fitness, age is just a number - and not to let anyone define me by my age.  (I'm approximately their age myself so it really does hit home.)  Now... I think perspective is the only lesson that can come from this.  It is so hard to keep it when you think your team has turned the corner and then you get blindsided like you did today.

But I can only imagine what people were saying a year ago this time here.  It would be nice if we did find a way to turn it around and then look back on these post and laugh...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : None have - and as I've said before, at least the older 3 would bristle with the thought of going out like this and having this be their legacy.  Neither will Shaq.  Faith, by definition, is believing when you don't have a lot of information to back it up.  If faith, didn't exist in sports, it would all be a lot less interesting.
    That bit about "faith"-that was as beautiful. And it didn't even come from a Rocky movie.