So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault

Pierce and KG both aren't going anywhere.
    RA & Rondo, it's anybodys guess.
    As well as the rest of team.
    Pierce  and KG are the Untouchables.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

I'm sure I will get killed for this because maybe the truth is a little uncomfortable.

But Paul Pierce is a Hall of Fame player, one of the top five players to ever wear a Celtics uniform and the best pure scorer this team has ever seen. He has carried this team to a championship with  a Finals MVP award. He put a lot of bad Celtics teams on his back. He suffered through many losing seasons. He could have requested a trade. Instead he stayed and dedicated himself to helping this team become a contender. And when this team finally put the pieces around him to contend he deferred and sacrificed personal goals and stats (in his prime) to win a title. That alone should be enough to make him a hero in Boston.

Yet for years we have had to listen to idiotic, irrational attacks on Pierce by people claiming to be Celtics fans. It makes no sense. It didn't then and it doesn't now. It kind of makes me wonder if race has anything to do with it. If only because there doesn't seem to be any other rational explanation for it.

The same people rode Antoine out of town. You can say what you want and point out the flaws in his game.But the fact is he was an All Star player. And most importantly,he came to play every single night. With passion and heart. Do you know how rare that is in the NBA? And all you people can do is whine about how many three's he shoots. People constantly shat on Perkins who was one of the best defensive centers in the league. And if you had your way we  give Rondo away for a washed up 31 year old power forward.

The problem is, most of the Celtics players are black. So it's impossible to tell.  Maybe there are just a lot of ignorant jerks that are Celtics fans. but when the entire crowd erupts into rapture everytime a scrub like Scalabrine touches the ball or Greg Steimsma it makes me cringe. If you were a Celtics fan it should make you ill that that stiff was stealing 15 million from your team. I don't think I have ever seen a professional athlete that had less business being a pro athlete than Brain Scalabrine.Yet the crowd loved him.

Something just doesn't sit right with the Pierce situation and the way some called fans treat him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Your post is not the "truth" just your reality perhaps. Let's just stick to basketball OK. Personally I would love to see them turn Rondo into Verajoa, best defensive minded big in the game just what KG needs to compliment him defending the paint.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

All Doc needs to do is tell the guys to stay in the locker room if they are not willing to be agressive and show great energy and attack attack attack.  They have the skills but their butts are dragging.  If they don at least give the 110 percent effort during the game he should send them to the locker room and not let them sit with the team.  Play ball smart and hard or hit the highway.  This group has the talent to scare any team in a seven game series.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If you saw OKC close out Denver in OT yesterday you saw what talent AND youth can do. Celts can't match that. Father Time wins again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault : Varejao is out indefinitely and the Cavs' best player is a PG. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] He is out a month with a wrist fracture, not indefinitely. They would need a third team for a trade. I would wait a month for the best defending big.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault : It's old age. They look slow and can't jump. It's not because they don't want to compete.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    sucks

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Yes, in a heartbeat but they would need a third team so the Cavs get an asset they want like Gallama perhaps.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Paul Pierce made a mistake.  He showed up to play basketball for the Celtics after the lockout, instead of to the set of "Biggest Losers"!

Under his salary, for last year, he was paid $267,000 a WEEK to stay in shape.  He showed up so FAT that Doc almost had a stroke.

He was more interested in "Eat Arounds" than "Shoot Arounds"!

Trade him to a team that has great resturants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Harsh! He just got married, it happens. Now he's in shape and ready to ball. Go CPP, Go Celtics!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault:
    [QUOTE]I would trade Rondo for picks and go with Bradley and Moore. And I would sit Ray and JO and go with the youngsters. Or we can just sit tight and enjoy the lottery.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    JO will never make it to the end of the season. Ray can play half the time he plays now.  Your wish will be granted in the next few games the season is over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce and KG both aren't going anywhere. RA & Rondo, it's anybodys guess. As well as the rest of team. Pierce  and KG are the Untouchables.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.  I never want to see Pierce traded and would upset if this happens.  I want to see retire with the Celtics.  Not sure about KG since I still believe that he may retire after the end of this season.  Also agree that any trades that Danny makes wouldn't surprise me.  After the many trades that he made last season Danny could trade anyone.  I also believe that if Danny makes any trades this season, it doesn't guarantee that it will improve this team.  They are deficient in many areas and trading one or two players probably wouldn't improve the Celtics team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

[QUOTE]All Doc needs to do is tell the guys to stay in the locker room if they are not willing to be agressive and show great energy and attack attack attack.  They have the skills but their butts are dragging.  If they don at least give the 110 percent effort during the game he should send them to the locker room and not let them sit with the team.  Play ball smart and hard or hit the highway.  This group has the talent to scare any team in a seven game series.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
    I've got a feeling that Doc's facing a Tito Francona scenario. Not sure the players are responding to him anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce and KG both aren't going anywhere. RA & Rondo, it's anybodys guess. As well as the rest of team. Pierce  and KG are the Untouchables.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault : I hope that you are right.  I never want to see Pierce traded and would upset if this happens.  I want to see retire with the Celtics.  Not sure about KG since I still believe that he may retire after the end of this season.  Also agree that any trades that Danny makes wouldn't surprise me.  After the many trades that he made last season Danny could trade anyone.  I also believe that if Danny makes any trades this season, it doesn't guarantee that it will improve this team.  They are deficient in many areas and trading one or two players probably wouldn't improve the Celtics team. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Why do you think KG will retire?  I don't think he has even hinted at it.  I would like to see him come back again.  Don't know that will happen either.  Danny needs to do one thing, get younger.  The only way we will play the younger guys is if Doc doesn't have the older guys around.  I wish JO would get traded.  I like Ray but he is the best option to be traded in my opinion. I would like to see some youth in that position and the center/pf positions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Trading Pierce isn't blaming Pierce.  Trade him away and get something.  Jettisoning Rondo is a mistake.  The hardest positions to fill are 1) agile big man at center and 2) talented point guard.  We got one of those positions filled, let's not trade that part away.  Get rid of everyone except Rondo.  How about all three of the big three for Marc Gasol?  Oh wait, those numbers won't work.  OK, how about Garnett and Pierce for Monta Ellis and a pair of Reeboks?  OK, how about Pierce and JuJuan Johnson and Avery Bradley and a draft pick for Andrew Bynum?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Regarding doing an impusive trade for trade's sake & just a change.....

REMEMBER: The SECOND mouse gets the cheese !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault : Why do you think KG will retire?  I don't think he has even hinted at it.  I would like to see him come back again.  Don't know that will happen either.  Danny needs to do one thing, get younger.  The only way we will play the younger guys is if Doc doesn't have the older guys around.  I wish JO would get traded.  I like Ray but he is the best option to be traded in my opinion. I would like to see some youth in that position and the center/pf positions.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

KG may not retire, but I have heard it mentioned many times by radio/tv analysts as a possibility.  He certainly doesn't need the money, but may decide that he wants to play for another one or two seasons.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gamble_34. Show Gamble_34's posts

df5 what great insight you have.  Paul deserves to retire a Celtic.  He is the truth.  Rondo is legitimate....Seems like only those out of Boston really appreciate this unique player Barkley, Miller, Weber, Shaq, VAN GUNDY etc.  KG is playing much better than what these people see.  These people will continue to wish for Scalabrine,Stojko Vrankovic, and Eric Montross.  Remember this board clamoring for Troy Murphy.  Sure they're old but This team if healthy can still do damage in a 7 game series and that's what Doc is counting on.  It's too bad there are no quick fixes.  If there were don't you think Danny would have done it.  These are the Boston Celtics.  Love em or leave them.  

Sections
Shortcuts