So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

Perkins was one of the major reasons we beat the Magic last year.  I can't understand this trade?

And what about Doc's "This starting 5 has never been beaten in a playoff series!" ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

Shaq, Krstic, JO, and BBD. 

Don't forget that the Magic are not as good as last season. Even when Howard is scoring 30 points the Magic still end up losing the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to So who the hell will block out DHoward now?:
    [QUOTE]Perkins was one of the major reasons we beat the Magic last year.  I can't understand this trade? And what about Doc's "This starting 5 has never been beaten in a playoff series!" ?
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Perkins was dominated by Howard in their last meeting and Perk's defense is vastly overrated.

Let Howard score 40 and get 20 rebounds and the Cs still win by 20 because the Magic do not have enough perimeter offense to beat the Cs perimeter defense.

Perkins missed the entire first half of the season and the Cs just happened to have had the 2nd best defense in the league - what a surprise!!!!!!

This is the mindset - Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st...... well if you say it enough, it must be true..... Perk is a great post defender, Perk is a great post defender, Perk is a great post defender......

Let's try this one - Perk has hands of stone, thinks he is Hakeem / Kareem / Russ / Wilt / Howard..... um he isn't..... but he continues to think he is.  Now he can be a back up to Ibaka.  Perk's mindset - run the offense through me.... objective perspective of Perk - 3 seconds waiting to happen, turnover waiting to happen, hands of stone, overrated defense, terrible footwork, no offensive game facing or back to the basket, terrible free throw shooter.... journeyman center.......

Shaq, Krstic, Murphy, and Davis will all guard Howard (even though Miami will take Orlando out of the playoffs before there is even a chance to think about guarding Howard) and they are all better offensive players than Perk.

Let's all say it together - "some of us blindfolded, green-glasses homers tend to overrate the talent of our teams"......  One man's treasure is another man's trash......  OKC cannot afford to pay Green real money next year but they will have two centers both of whom are likely better than Perk - Nazr and Ibaka.

Please remind of the last season where Perk did not have surgery.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would be willing to bet you Perkins starts for them. Care to take me up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I hope we have to worry about Howard, Because i would rather play them than the Heat, Knicks, or Bulls!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now?:
    [QUOTE]I would be willing to bet you Perkins starts for them. Care to take me up?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Care to take you up in what way?  The way their center just was a runner up in the dunk contest and the way Perk is injured and has the IQ of some bad gas that have recently experienced?

Perkins will be exposed as one of the players who greatly benefited from playing with KG and his scowl and complete lack of game will not likely fly on a young athletic team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Dudder is right. The Legend of Perk grows by the day. Geesh!

People are going to be surprised by Krstic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE] I hope we have to worry about Howard, Because i would rather play them than the Heat, Knicks, or Bulls!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

There are two teams built for the playoffs - the Bulls and the Cs.  The Magic traded away Gortat their only size off the bench and are likely the 5th or 6th seed. 

The Heat have no size whatsoever and when the playoffs come along, the half court game becomes critical and the Heat cannot compete with the Cs in the half court especially now that they have added some half court offense on the first and second units.

The Cs, if healthy, have a free pass in the first two rounds and may face a tough test against the Bulls in the ECF and then will face either Dallas or SA in the finals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

The collection of centers will do the job.  Both O'neals will be big and Kristic is better than Semih.  Here is my take. Hands of stone is right, Perk made me mad every time Rhondo made a great pass and he kicked it out of bounds.  And how many times can he set a moving pick?  He has no offensive moves at all.  What he did bring was toughness and defense.  I personnally think Shaq is tougher but not as mobile.  However if Jermaine comes back healthy he is better than Perk also.  Now is Green the difference?  He can score but can he defend. There will be more moves although minor because we gave away our 2 rookies.  We all know you can't win in the NBA with rookies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE] I hope we have to worry about Howard, Because i would rather play them than the Heat, Knicks, or Bulls!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Let's try to keep in mind that the people that post here are the same people that have gone on and on and on about how Al Jefferson would be / is a pernnial all-star..... he has never made an all-star game and now that the Jazz have made moves, he will be one of the "best young core" players that have not even ever been in the playoffs.  Big Al has does have some great advisors though - the three wise men - Jack, Jim, and Johnny.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder is right. The Legend of Perk grows by the day. Geesh! People are going to be surprised by Krstic.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

No one said he was a legend.  Very good defensive player that will probably start for the Thunder.  Funny every so called expert thought the Thunder made out like bandits in the trade.  Not one of them but 99% of them.  What do they know?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : No one said he was a legend.  Very good defensive player that will probably start for the Thunder.  Funny every so called expert thought the Thunder made out like bandits in the trade.  Not one of them but 99% of them.  What do they know?

99% means that you have heard 100 opinions and only one disagreed - care to rethink that?

Perk has always been and always been a journeyman - he is a legend in Boston because some idiots think so....when all is said and done the following centers will have had better careers - Dampier, Mohammed, Chandler, Noah, both Gasols, Bogut, Howard, both Lopez, etc.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind and not sure how there could be any doubt in anyone else's mind that Green was the best player of the trade.

Perk has not had an offseason in the last 4 where he has not had surgery, he contributes nothing on the offensive end and the difference between his actual skills and his own perception of his skills is more than enough to fill the grand canyon.

Overrated defense and zero offense makes me believe that there is at least some chance that Perk was the third best player in the trade and then depending on the draft pick could actually be the 4th best player in the trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Green is a great defender and OKC is a top defensive team. Green is bigger and a better player then Quis.

The Thunder got Perk and Mohammad that's why the experts like them. They got 2 bigs to matchup with Dallas and LA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Green is a great defender and OKC is a top defensive team. Green is bigger and a better player then Quis.   The Thunder got Perk and Mohammad that's why the experts like them. They got 2 bigs to matchup with Dallas and LA.

Agreed completely, there is only a remote chance that Green is not the best player in this deal and that is that the Clippers pick could be better and given that they just went 35 games without an all-star center (not Perk) and the last 20 games without the 5th best scorer in the league that they will be in the lottery next year.  I think the other team in LA has a legitimate shot to become the team in LA next year..... Griffin, Jordan, Kaman, Bledsoe, Gordon, Mo Will, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : There are two teams built for the playoffs - the Bulls and the Cs.  The Magic traded away Gortat their only size off the bench and are likely the 5th or 6th seed.  The Heat have no size whatsoever and when the playoffs come along, the half court game becomes critical and the Heat cannot compete with the Cs in the half court especially now that they have added some half court offense on the first and second units. The Cs, if healthy, have a free pass in the first two rounds and may face a tough test against the Bulls in the ECF and then will face either Dallas or SA in the finals.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact you said San Antonio wouldn't make the finals. jump shooting team as I recall.  If you change your story enough your bound to be right. I believe you said the Lakers would be in the finals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : I know for a fact you said San Antonio wouldn't make the finals. jump shooting team as I recall.  If you change your story enough your bound to be right. I believe you said the Lakers would be in the finals.

Wow.... you are absolutely right, I said that the Spurs would not be in the finals and that the Lakers would be there......BUT GUESS WHAT.... THINGS CAN CHANGE AND I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND.... THE LAKERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING HORRIBLY LATELY AND DON'T SEEM TO BE INTERESTED AND THE SPURS CONTINUE TO BE HEALTHY AND PLAY WELL AND ARE DEEP.....

Is it ok to reassess things and change one's mind?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Green is a great defender and OKC is a top defensive team. Green is bigger and a better player then Quis.   The Thunder got Perk and Mohammad that's why the experts like them. They got 2 bigs to matchup with Dallas and LA.

Just in case you didn't know it, it wasn't Mohammed that they were talking about, it was Perkins. Disagree with them if you want but most basketball people think Perk was in the top 3 interior defensive players in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : Just in case you didn't know it, it wasn't Mohammed that they were talking about, it was Perkins. Disagree with them if you want but most basketball people think Perk was in the top 3 interior defensive players in the league.

Exactly... those are the same people that think that Rondo is one of the top couple of point guards in the league - Perk and Rondo have benefitted more than anyone in history from whom they play with..... there were 5 point guards in the all-star game and Rondo was the 5th best but somehow reading here I am supposed to believe there is some sort of debate about whether Rondo is the best or second best - Rondo would not even be considered one of the 6th best in the west.

Perk could be one of the top 3 best post defenders especially if you remove Howard, Bogut, Noah, Gasol, etc.

The beauty is always in the eye of the beholder - none of those guys gets to play with one of the actual best post defenders - KG.

We will see how Perk continues to be an unathletic lumbering oxen without KG to help him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : Exactly... those are the same people that think that Rondo is one of the top couple of point guards in the league - Perk and Rondo have benefitted more than anyone in history from whom they play with..... there were 5 point guards in the all-star game and Rondo was the 5th best but somehow reading here I am supposed to believe there is some sort of debate about whether Rondo is the best or second best - Rondo would not even be considered one of the 6th best in the west. Perk could be one of the top 3 best post defenders especially if you remove Howard, Bogut, Noah, Gasol, etc. The beauty is always in the eye of the beholder - none of those guys gets to play with one of the actual best post defenders - KG. We will see how Perk continues to be an unathletic lumbering oxen without KG to help him.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Your not going to have much to post about now Perk is gone.  You will get tired of cutting and pasting on Rondo.  Will you be going to the Thunder website to tell them they got snookered? I don't understand how you can not give the man any credit what so ever.  It makes you look like you know nothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Who marks DH?

Rondo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : Your not going to have much to post about now Perk is gone.  You will get tired of cutting and pasting on Rondo.  Will you be going to the Thunder website to tell them they got snookered? I don't understand how you can not give the man any credit what so ever.  It makes you look like you know nothing.

"it makes you look like you know nothing"...... let's try a little perspective on that statement.......  Danny has done something that I completely agree with and you cannot even comprehend it and "it makes me look like I know nothing"?   Well actually it makes me look like I agree with Danny and realize that Perk is vastly overrated, expecting way too much in free agency, and obviously starting to break down physcially.  Give credit?  Yeah, I give credit to Danny.  No need to rip on Perk..... but plenty of reason for you and your ilk to come around and finally agree with someone that actually has the appropriate perspective.

Please tell me again how Big Al is a perennial all-star........ and how the best young core was not the Atlanta Hawks - Johnson, Horford, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith - you know the team that makes it to the playoffs every year and how it was Big Al, D West, Ryan Gomes, Tony Allen, Orien Greene, Gerald Green, Telfaird, etc.  - you know the guys that have never even made an all-star team and for the most part have not made the playoffs at all individually or collectively....

Get tired of cutting and pasting on Rondo?  In the west Rondo was not even the 6th best point guard.  Now that Williams has come east and to a lesser extend Davis, add Paul and Rondo very quickly becomes the 5th at best in the East.  There is not even any debate in my mind that Rondo will never get a sniff at another all-star game but there is debate you idiots that contine to think that Rondo is somewhere near the top.

Bring Westbrook east and Rondo goes even further down the list.

It is not cutting and pasting and as you will find out, it is actuality.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

[QUOTE]The collection of centers will do the job.  Both O'neals will be big and Kristic is better than Semih.  Here is my take. Hands of stone is right, Perk made me mad every time Rhondo made a great pass and he kicked it out of bounds.  And how many times can he set a moving pick?  He has no offensive moves at all.  What he did bring was toughness and defense.  I personnally think Shaq is tougher but not as mobile.  However if Jermaine comes back healthy he is better than Perk also.  Now is Green the difference?  He can score but can he defend. There will be more moves although minor because we gave away our 2 rookies.  We all know you can't win in the NBA with rookies.
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

Jermaine O'neal is not better than perk at this point.  He is worthless as a ball player at this point in his career.  Hopefully this means the Celts sign sheed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

doesnt matter who replaces him celtic fans should remember perk the hard work mentality he brought to every game. the celtics will be very lucky if they ever get another player with that mindset. he wasn't a great scorer or even a great all around player but he should be recognized for the work he did and the way he honored the logo he wore across he chest. lets just hope the new players can buy into that as much as he did

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Its sad to see Perkins gone.  He was good for the Celtics system.  Will he be effective with the Thunder.  Who is Jeff Green?  Krstic was he with the Nets at some point? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dumb trade. I don't get it. I'm hoping this is a Randy Moss type thing that looked dumb at first, but proved they knew more than we did about what was going on. Cuz right now it looks DUMB because Perk was such a part of the team chemistry.

Sections
Shortcuts