So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

How does Danny even begin to justify this trade to Boston fans?  Shaq and JON can't stay healthy, and Krystic has no business on the floor against Dwight in the least.  Davis can try to hold his own but he's undersized. 

The only thing I can think of is that this trade matches the C's better against the Bulls and the Heat in terms of guarding the 2, 3, and 4 positions. 

I'm more concerned about team chemistry.  This C's team was a family.  DA and Doc spent so much time and effort to get this team back together in the off season and make a run THIS SEASON.  Now, he decides to throw away the starting lineup that has never lost a playoff series together.  I just don't understand it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now?:
    Its sad to see Perkins gone.  He was good for the Celtics system.  Will he be effective with the Thunder.  Who is Jeff Green?  Krstic was he with the Nets at some point? 
    Posted by TOMAA99999

Jeff Green is an underrated young forward, who adds size and a scoring punch. Kristic was with the nets and did very till he blew out his knee and subsequently traded to oklahoma. he can finish better than perk, but doesn't have his defensive strength. hopefully he'll be a good player off the bench but he's not a starter like perk. Green is the real diamond in the rough for the trade. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : "it makes you look like you know nothing"...... let's try a little perspective on that statement.......  Danny has done something that I completely agree with and you cannot even comprehend it and "it makes me look like I know nothing"?   Well actually it makes me look like I agree with Danny and realize that Perk is vastly overrated, expecting way too much in free agency, and obviously starting to break down physcially.  Give credit?  Yeah, I give credit to Danny.  No need to rip on Perk..... but plenty of reason for you and your ilk to come around and finally agree with someone that actually has the appropriate perspective. Please tell me again how Big Al is a perennial all-star........ and how the best young core was not the Atlanta Hawks - Johnson, Horford, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith - you know the team that makes it to the playoffs every year and how it was Big Al, D West, Ryan Gomes, Tony Allen, Orien Greene, Gerald Green, Telfaird, etc.  - you know the guys that have never even made an all-star team and for the most part have not made the playoffs at all individually or collectively.... Get tired of cutting and pasting on Rondo?  In the west Rondo was not even the 6th best point guard.  Now that Williams has come east and to a lesser extend Davis, add Paul and Rondo very quickly becomes the 5th at best in the East.  There is not even any debate in my mind that Rondo will never get a sniff at another all-star game but there is debate you idiots that contine to think that Rondo is somewhere near the top. Bring Westbrook east and Rondo goes even further down the list. It is not cutting and pasting and as you will find out, it is actuality.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You are a racist and your comments for 2 years on Perk and Rondo have been proven wrong, ignorant and show that you 'know nothing' and are a terrible fan of this team...

I like this trade. As long as Shaq is healthy. Esp with it far less likely that we face Orlando/LA this season than in years past. But the national media is declaring it a major coup and victory for the Thunder. WAKE UP DUD.

The Celts just got a 25 year old 16-6 forward who was a #5 pick less than 4 years ago, likely the Clippers 1st rd pick in the 12-16 range next season, got a sweet shooting backup Center who gives you a 7-4 and is everything Perk is not AND got out from under Nate's 4.5 million next year.

and yet EVERYONE out there who are PAID to report on this sport say the Thunder win this trade...

DUDDER, you are a fool and the man who you spewed vomit at for years was a VERY solid championship Center and brought us A LOT of return value in a trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Get tired of cutting and pasting on Rondo?  In the west Rondo was not even the 6th best point guard.  Now that Williams has come east and to a lesser extend Davis, add Paul and Rondo very quickly becomes the 5th at best in the East.  There is not even any debate in my mind that Rondo will never get a sniff at another all-star game but there is debate you idiots that contine to think that Rondo is somewhere near the top.
    --------------

RIGHT! It's because he plays with hall of famers that Rondo looks so good. That's why Mario Chalmers is averaging 6 points and 2 assists a game. Because Playing with the games best player in his prime, a top five player in his prime, and a pernial all star in his prime has done that much for his numbers. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi2. Show bilalkazmi2's posts

In Response to So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : Perkins was dominated by Howard in their last meeting and Perk's defense is vastly overrated. Let Howard score 40 and get 20 rebounds and the Cs still win by 20 because the Magic do not have enough perimeter offense to beat the Cs perimeter defense. Perkins missed the entire first half of the season and the Cs just happened to have had the 2nd best defense in the league - what a surprise!!!!!! This is the mindset - Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st...... well if you say it enough, it must be true..... Perk is a great post defender, Perk is a great post defender, Perk is a great post defender...... Let's try this one - Perk has hands of stone, thinks he is Hakeem / Kareem / Russ / Wilt / Howard..... um he isn't..... but he continues to think he is.  Now he can be a back up to Ibaka.  Perk's mindset - run the offense through me.... objective perspective of Perk - 3 seconds waiting to happen, turnover waiting to happen, hands of stone, overrated defense, terrible footwork, no offensive game facing or back to the basket, terrible free throw shooter.... journeyman center....... Shaq, Krstic, Murphy, and Davis will all guard Howard (even though Miami will take Orlando out of the playoffs before there is even a chance to think about guarding Howard) and they are all better offensive players than Perk. Let's all say it together - "some of us blindfolded, green-glasses homers tend to overrate the talent of our teams"......  One man's treasure is another man's trash......  OKC cannot afford to pay Green real money next year but they will have two centers both of whom are likely better than Perk - Nazr and Ibaka. Please remind of the last season where Perk did not have surgery.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

every one is dominated by someone in one game.

Perkins has the reputation for slowing down Howard better than anyone else in the league.  He has the reputation for a reason.  After dozens and dozens of matches.  Who cares if Howard had a good offensive game last time.

Dudder man, your analysis is typically downright opaque.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

The collection of centers will do the job.  Both O'neals will be big and Kristic is better than Semih.  Here is my take. Hands of stone is right, Perk made me mad every time Rhondo made a great pass and he kicked it out of bounds.  And how many times can he set a moving pick?  He has no offensive moves at all.  What he did bring was toughness and defense.  I personnally think Shaq is tougher but not as mobile.  However if Jermaine comes back healthy he is better than Perk also.  Now is Green the difference?  He can score but can he defend. There will be more moves although minor because we gave away our 2 rookies.  We all know you can't win in the NBA with rookies.
    Posted by Mchampion
    You may not like Perk and some of the things you say may actually be true,however you should be aware that a moving pick is not the fault of the guy setting the pick. It is the dribbler who has to wait for the pick to be set.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi2. Show bilalkazmi2's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : You are a racist and your comments for 2 years on Perk and Rondo have been proven wrong, ignorant and show that you 'know nothing' and are a terrible fan of this team... I like this trade. As long as Shaq is healthy. Esp with it far less likely that we face Orlando/LA this season than in years past. But the national media is declaring it a major coup and victory for the Thunder. WAKE UP DUD. The Celts just got a 25 year old 16-6 forward who was a #5 pick less than 4 years ago, likely the Clippers 1st rd pick in the 12-16 range next season, got a sweet shooting backup Center who gives you a 7-4 and is everything Perk is not AND got out from under Nate's 4.5 million next year. and yet EVERYONE out there who are PAID to report on this sport say the Thunder win this trade... DUDDER, you are a fool and the man who you spewed vomit at for years was a VERY solid championship Center and brought us A LOT of return value in a trade.
    Posted by rameakap

one of the few sensible posts that I have read so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi2. Show bilalkazmi2's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : "it makes you look like you know nothing"...... let's try a little perspective on that statement.......  Danny has done something that I completely agree with and you cannot even comprehend it and "it makes me look like I know nothing"?   Well actually it makes me look like I agree with Danny and realize that Perk is vastly overrated, expecting way too much in free agency, and obviously starting to break down physcially.  Give credit?  Yeah, I give credit to Danny.  No need to rip on Perk..... but plenty of reason for you and your ilk to come around and finally agree with someone that actually has the appropriate perspective. Please tell me again how Big Al is a perennial all-star........ and how the best young core was not the Atlanta Hawks - Johnson, Horford, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith - you know the team that makes it to the playoffs every year and how it was Big Al, D West, Ryan Gomes, Tony Allen, Orien Greene, Gerald Green, Telfaird, etc.  - you know the guys that have never even made an all-star team and for the most part have not made the playoffs at all individually or collectively.... Get tired of cutting and pasting on Rondo?  In the west Rondo was not even the 6th best point guard.  Now that Williams has come east and to a lesser extend Davis, add Paul and Rondo very quickly becomes the 5th at best in the East.  There is not even any debate in my mind that Rondo will never get a sniff at another all-star game but there is debate you idiots that contine to think that Rondo is somewhere near the top. Bring Westbrook east and Rondo goes even further down the list. It is not cutting and pasting and as you will find out, it is actuality.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Mark my words:  Rondo will be a perennial all-star. 

So far, Rondo has proven you wrong year after year.  There is no reason that trend will stop.

Most of your stupid analysis is quickly proved wrong through the NBA action.  Why don't you quit analysing basketball.  You are really bad at it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

DUDDER shown the door when it comes to his attempts at logic. His ignorance and hate is on display for all to see yet again.

what a disgusting human being

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to So who the hell will block out DHoward now?:

The player(s) assigned to do so.
    The rest of the team will adjust accordingly. I can't believe the panic being displayed by some on the board over Perk's departure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

Have no fear, Nenad will crush Howard in case we face the Magic. Nenad is a fearless player, remember the FIBA incident? That's what he will do to dwight, pick up a chair and smash it to Howard's head and Dwight will not return because of head injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I can't believe the panic being displayed by some on the board over Perk's departure.
    Posted by markes8336

Ditto

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Green is a great defender and OKC is a top defensive team. Green is bigger and a better player then Quis.   The Thunder got Perk and Mohammad that's why the experts like them. They got 2 bigs to matchup with Dallas and LA.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I'm laughing out loud.  Bias - you throw these things out there and sometimes they have no basis in fact.  You know better.  The Thunder are NOT a top defensive team.  That's why they made the trade.  Up to now, they are bottom third in opponents shooting percentage (21st out of 30 teams!) and in opponents points per game (19th out of 30 teams).  They allow 103 points a game!

With their offense and young athletes coupled with Perks toughness and rebounding + Ibaka as backup and shot blocking, they will now be much better in the area of their biggest weakness.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

You're right celt4life. I don't understand how perk is going to run with the greyhounds that OKC have especially on the fast break. Then again, if he provides some starch in the middle of the paint for them then the bonuses outweigh perk's lack of offensive skills.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : I'm laughing out loud.  Bias - you throw these things out there and sometimes they have no basis in fact.  You know better.  The Thunder are NOT a top defensive team.  That's why they made the trade.  Up to now, they are bottom third in opponents shooting percentage (21st out of 30 teams!) and in opponents points per game (19th out of 30 teams).  They allow 103 points a game! With their offense and young athletes coupled with Perks toughness and rebounding + Ibaka as backup and shot blocking, they will now be much better in the area of their biggest weakness.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Yes that was a blown one by Bias for sure

Green is a bad defender of PF's and a decent defender of SF's

Krstic is just bad all over

replacing them w/ Perk and more mins for Ibaka makes a bad defensive team a good one

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rameakap, I'm not sure Green is a bad defender.  I'm just sure the Thunder are not a good defensive TEAM.  That could be coaching, it could be the stars don't focus on it (Durant, in particular - much like Carmelo), or it could be the supporting cast.  I do know that Green was a good defensive player in college.  

Perk will help their interior D vs Krstic who likely didn't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Krisitic is not a good defender but a much better finisher/spot up shooter than Perk.  Offensively this will help rondo tremendously have the floor spaced more and less people cheating off him and Perk..  

I Oklahoma City is going to struggle to score now.  Outside Westbrook and Durant they will have no options.  Sefolosha is a defender and can't shoot.  Ibaka is raw and mostly limited to dunks.  Perk we know what he offers..   I think they will be very good defensively but go through huge offensive droughts.  I think some of the experts who all think they are NOW contenders will be surprised...

If Shaq comes back and can suit up for 24 mins a night. we only need 12 minutes from Kristic and the rest can be taken up by Garnett or Baby.   If JO comes back even better we are covered.  I think you have to include Murphy as well which means we'll have options.  Not alot of defensive stoppers but all are much better offensive players.   Let's see how this plays out.  I think this could be a good fit.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Harden is another scored for OKC.  I think they may score a little less but their opponents will score a little less inside points and they might be a more balanced team now.

But you're right, Celticjay, about the key to all of this for 2011.  They key is whether or not Shaq comes back, stays healthy, and gives us good minutes.  That's the gamble Danny is making.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Like against the Nuggets, the Celtics lost because they only scored 75 points. Like Danny Ainge said, you also have to score points to win. 

If the Celts scored 84 points in Game 7 of last year's Finals they would've won. 

If Ray struggles the Celtics usually lose. Just like last night against Denver. The Celtics need more offense, Jeff Green can provide that!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Shaq, Krstic, JO, and BBD.  Don't forget that the Magic are not as good as last season. Even when Howard is scoring 30 points the Magic still end up losing the game.
    Posted by P34

How about when he gets 40?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : How about when he gets 40?!
    Posted by KGLove

Not likely. Against the Celts D no way will Howard get 40 points. Celts rely on team D.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Agree

If howard plays his 42 playoff mins all vs. shaq and Baby he doesn't get a 40-15 like he did vs. Thunder tonight

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Howard is not the worry, it is Bynum. Baby can guard Howard, but not Bynum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Howard is not the worry, it is Bynum. Baby can guard Howard, but not Bynum.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

Truth

We worry about him when we get to the finals

Breen is more important then Perk for the road there

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Well I rather play Magic than Heat or Bulls (would be nice if they tired each other out by the time they got to us) plus Dwiight is 1 tech away from suspension lol.... but if we aren't #1 seed that's not happening

Sections
Shortcuts