So..............................................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So..............................................

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/masai-ujiri-quick-target-first-toronto-raptor-trade-184800253.html

AND:

Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either - from Chris Mannix

So..................Danny, my awesome ideas and I are available.  And for a lot less money than Screamin' A Smith makes.

I have dibs on Bass and Lee for Bargnani, AND I have dibs on "buying" the #13 pick, with either cash, or non-guaranteed contracts!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: So..............................................

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/masai-ujiri-quick-target-first-toronto-raptor-trade-184800253.html

AND:

Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either - from Chris Mannix

So..................Danny, my awesome ideas and I are available.  And for a lot less money than Screamin' A Smith makes.

I have dibs on Bass and Lee for Bargnani, AND I have dibs on "buying" the #13 pick, with either cash, or non-guaranteed contracts!!

I'm all in with you on your Bargnani trade!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If you had read the article you would know that they're likely to get value in return, and not the kind of value like Bass and Lee. I think they get more. Bargnani is still a good player just as a forth option.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

If you had read the article you would know that they're likely to get value in return, and not the kind of value like Bass and Lee. I think they get more. Bargnani is still a good player just as a forth option.

I did read the article..........and it says they'll be shopping him hard, and if they can't get value for him, they will amnesty him.

Knowing that, they may take the best offer....................watch yourself, man!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

seems like his best days might be behind him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Forget Bargnani...no one is going to touch him until he gets amnestied. He would be a nice choice at that point. Right now he's owed $10M & $11M over the next 2 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Forget Bargnani...no one is going to touch him until he gets amnestied. He would be a nice choice at that point. Right now he's owed $10M & $11M over the next 2 years.

See, that's my point.

We have Lee, who is redundant, making 20 mill by himself over the next 4 years.

If Millsap is Plan A, we will have Bass redundant at 21 mill over 3 years.

We're trading 41 mill for 21............we're trading 2 bad contracts for 1.............and we are getting a legit 7 footer, who can strecth the floor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

See, that's my point.

We're trading 41 mill for 21............we're trading 2 bad contracts for 1.............and we are getting a legit 7 footer, who can strecth the floor.

A seven footer who can't rebound on a team that can't rebound.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

See, that's my point.

I see your point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

See, that's my point.

A seven footer who can't rebound on a team that can't rebound.

That's true - but, again, Bass?  I figure the rotation MAY be - Millsap and KG, Sully and Bargnani..................one rebounder, one shooter!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Could we trade Bass and Lee for a player and then amnesty the player we get...thus getting Bass/Lee and the player off our cap...then go and use the cap money??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Okay- I will leave the DAL pick alone, Rame, if you can answer me this question.

What did the Heat do with their first round pick this year?  Didn't they "trade" the pick to Philly (who took Moultrie, I believe) to avoid the cap hit?

What did Philly give them?  And, why can't we do the same thing with DAL?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Okay- I will leave the DAL pick alone, Rame, if you can answer me this question.

What did the Heat do with their first round pick this year?  Didn't they "trade" the pick to Philly (who took Moultrie, I believe) to avoid the cap hit?

What did Philly give them?  And, why can't we do the same thing with DAL?

Philly gave them the 45th pick in the second rd and a future 1st rd draft pick.

The Celtics can certainly give Dallas a future first rd pick, but there will be no 'purchasing' of the pick for $, that is silly. They can also just take Saric or Schroeder and leave them overseas for a year.

How about Crawford and pick 16 for Carter and pick 16? Certainly better than Bass and pick 16 for Perk and pick 12 right?

Either of those trades could get us much closer to Muhammad, McCollum, Carter-Williams or someone else who falls.

Does this answer your question Red? That Dallas won't sell the pick for $ but instead a future pick or picks?

Otherwise I've liked where your thoughts have been these last few weeks on trade ideas

Yes, it definitely does.  I also thought that the contracts of Williams, White and Randolph were not guaranteed..............could they be included in some kind of money "dump?"

Glad you like my ideas, and I'll have many more as the summer and the sagas of Paul and Howard drag on..............................:)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I believe the trade for Bargnani has already been discussed.

In this incarnation: BB + CL for AB, I'd say NO. I wouldn't trade 2 very good defenders for 1 very bad defender. Unless, of course, it's part of other deal(s).

AK

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Terrible trade...look...too many on these threads are compiling these nutty scenarios...no one is going to do Danny Strange and the Celtics any favors in giving them something for nothing...some other bad teams nothings aren't anything I want anyways, they'll only hold back any positive long term moves....face the facts, the Celtics have to rebuild...Danny Strange killed off any true hopes for more championships when he traded Perk...Green ain't nuthin', sorry Green fans it's the hard truth...you can't be a star, which is what they traded for, if you CHOOSE to turn it on every 3rd game.....This team has no toughness, real, physical toughness, so they'll NEVER win, they'll never be able to rebound or protect the paint they way they are now....Bargnani just plain stinks, lol, and like the man said that would just put a 7 footer who can't rebound on a team who can't rebound...It's over folks, let's start the rebuilding...If you still have season's tickets, consider it a down payment on the future good games you'll see like I had to 20 years ago.

Which one?  I listed several!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Rameakap,

Sorry, by AB I meant Andrea Bargnani.

I'd probably argue about good or very good, etc. part. But 100% agree with your point about money.

AK

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Terrible trade...look...too many on these threads are compiling these nutty scenarios...no one is going to do Danny Strange and the Celtics any favors in giving them something for nothing...some other bad teams nothings aren't anything I want anyways, they'll only hold back any positive long term moves....face the facts, the Celtics have to rebuild...Danny Strange killed off any true hopes for more championships when he traded Perk...Green ain't nuthin', sorry Green fans it's the hard truth...you can't be a star, which is what they traded for, if you CHOOSE to turn it on every 3rd game.....This team has no toughness, real, physical toughness, so they'll NEVER win, they'll never be able to rebound or protect the paint they way they are now....Bargnani just plain stinks, lol, and like the man said that would just put a 7 footer who can't rebound on a team who can't rebound...It's over folks, let's start the rebuilding...If you still have season's tickets, consider it a down payment on the future good games you'll see like I had to 20 years ago.

Which one?  I listed several!

jfaust is just a rambling troll, facts and reality bounce off him and he spews his same negative trash, ignore

It's not negative, it's real...you guys sound like a collection of 16 year olds taking pie in the sky trades.... they stink, they can't win a playoff series they way they are NOW, they probably won't even make it to the playoffs next year...what am I missing? They have had to rebuild before, it's time to do it again ...LMAO...if you can't handle the truth, just put me on ignore...just like you said, please, be my guest...so many STOOOPID suggested trades and not 3/4's of you know whether or not certain guys can be traded on the basis of contract amounts...if you are going to propose trades, make sure it's not the equivalent of "Gee, let's see if we can trade david Ortiz to Washington for Bryce Harper and Strasburg, they'd do that, right?"

I am rebuilding................I have a whole new team, including PG.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Perkins left because of money.What happened to him?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

Perkins left because of money.What happened to him?

Tony Allen left because of money, Perk left because of money and Posey left becase of money.

Danny was right on 2 out of 3 of those.............and TA is now, what, 31?  This will be his last contract, while we should have Bradley for another 6-7 years at least!

Sections
Shortcuts