So..............................................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So..............................................

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/masai-ujiri-quick-target-first-toronto-raptor-trade-184800253.html

AND:

Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either - from Chris Mannix

So..................Danny, my awesome ideas and I are available.  And for a lot less money than Screamin' A Smith makes.

I have dibs on Bass and Lee for Bargnani, AND I have dibs on "buying" the #13 pick, with either cash, or non-guaranteed contracts!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: So..............................................

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/masai-ujiri-quick-target-first-toronto-raptor-trade-184800253.html

AND:

Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either - from Chris Mannix

So..................Danny, my awesome ideas and I are available.  And for a lot less money than Screamin' A Smith makes.

I have dibs on Bass and Lee for Bargnani, AND I have dibs on "buying" the #13 pick, with either cash, or non-guaranteed contracts!!

I'm all in with you on your Bargnani trade!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If you had read the article you would know that they're likely to get value in return, and not the kind of value like Bass and Lee. I think they get more. Bargnani is still a good player just as a forth option.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

If you had read the article you would know that they're likely to get value in return, and not the kind of value like Bass and Lee. I think they get more. Bargnani is still a good player just as a forth option.

I did read the article..........and it says they'll be shopping him hard, and if they can't get value for him, they will amnesty him.

Knowing that, they may take the best offer....................watch yourself, man!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

seems like his best days might be behind him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Forget Bargnani...no one is going to touch him until he gets amnestied. He would be a nice choice at that point. Right now he's owed $10M & $11M over the next 2 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Forget Bargnani...no one is going to touch him until he gets amnestied. He would be a nice choice at that point. Right now he's owed $10M & $11M over the next 2 years.

See, that's my point.

We have Lee, who is redundant, making 20 mill by himself over the next 4 years.

If Millsap is Plan A, we will have Bass redundant at 21 mill over 3 years.

We're trading 41 mill for 21............we're trading 2 bad contracts for 1.............and we are getting a legit 7 footer, who can strecth the floor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

See, that's my point.

We're trading 41 mill for 21............we're trading 2 bad contracts for 1.............and we are getting a legit 7 footer, who can strecth the floor.

A seven footer who can't rebound on a team that can't rebound.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

See, that's my point.

I see your point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

See, that's my point.

A seven footer who can't rebound on a team that can't rebound.

That's true - but, again, Bass?  I figure the rotation MAY be - Millsap and KG, Sully and Bargnani..................one rebounder, one shooter!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

See, that's my point.

We're paying Lee 16 over the next 3 and Bass 13.5 over the next 2.

It all comes down to the Raptors seeing value, financial and basketball wise, in Bass and Lee.

Toronto is well over the cap for next season, so they can save a bit in tax cash with the amnesty, while adding Bass and Lee makes them slightly better (shouldn't they want a GOOD lotto pick next year?) and minor tax payers.

In 2015, they'd be paying just over 14 million for 2 backup SG's in Landry Fields and Lee (starter DeRozen will make 9.5m). Wouldn't it just be better to amnesty Bargnani and have 10 million in cap space that summer than be paying Lee/Bass 13 million and have no cap sace?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This move hurts Toronto in my opinion... so as a Celtic fan you do it IN A SECOND, sorry to Concord, BirdBias or anyone else here who wants nothing to do with Bargnani. He saves us nearly 6 million in 2016 and is a better fit in our frontcourt alongside Sully and KG than Bass is.

The only way this is a good deal for Toronto is if they keep those 2 while being a tax payer next season, then dump them for cap room and/or draft picks before 2014-15.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

AND:

The only non-guaranteed contract we have to trade to Dallas is Pierce (at the time of the draft, afte July 2nd we have T Will) and the only player they can trade to us for PP based on $ is Dirk. We can swap Crawford for Vince Carter and save Dallas 1 million in their pursuit of cap space.

The only move that can happen to get the Dallas pick is to trade a top 10 or lotto protected pick in 2014 fr that pick. Considering we have a stacked roster and this i a weak draft, I'd likely pass on thatm unless I know we can move up with those 2 picks, Melo and Crawford (7-9 range) or Bradley (4-6 range) thrown in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would trade Dallas pick 16 and Crawford for pick 13 and Vince Carter in a heartbeat.

We're not going to have cap space next year so unless Wyc is SUPER cheap, I'd take the 6'6" Carter, able to guard SF's and his 13 ppg and 17.9 PER last year over the 6'4" Crawford and his 11 points and 13.8 PER last year despite the 12 year age difference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Could we trade Bass and Lee for a player and then amnesty the player we get...thus getting Bass/Lee and the player off our cap...then go and use the cap money??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Could we trade Bass and Lee for a player and then amnesty the player we get...thus getting Bass/Lee and the player off our cap...then go and use the cap money??

No, it has to be a player your team signed prior to the new CBA going into place. That is just Rondo, Pierce and Bradley on our current roster for instance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Okay- I will leave the DAL pick alone, Rame, if you can answer me this question.

What did the Heat do with their first round pick this year?  Didn't they "trade" the pick to Philly (who took Moultrie, I believe) to avoid the cap hit?

What did Philly give them?  And, why can't we do the same thing with DAL?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Okay- I will leave the DAL pick alone, Rame, if you can answer me this question.

What did the Heat do with their first round pick this year?  Didn't they "trade" the pick to Philly (who took Moultrie, I believe) to avoid the cap hit?

Philly gave them the 45th pick in the second rd and a future 1st rd draft pick.

The Celtics can certainly give Dallas a future first rd pick, but there will be no 'purchasing' of the pick for $, that is silly. They can also just take Saric or Schroeder and leave them overseas for a year.

How about Crawford and pick 16 for Carter and pick 13? Certainly better than Bass and pick 16 for Perk and pick 12 right?

Either of those trades could get us much closer to Muhammad, McCollum, Carter-Williams or someone else who falls.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The Celtics can certainly give Dallas a future first rd pick, but there will be no 'purchasing' of the pick for $, that is silly. They can also just take Saric or Schroeder and leave them overseas for a year.

How about Crawford and pick 16 for Carter and pick 16? Certainly better than Bass and pick 16 for Perk and pick 12 right?

Either of those trades could get us much closer to Muhammad, McCollum, Carter-Williams or someone else who falls.

Does this answer your question Red? That Dallas won't sell the pick for $ but instead a future pick or picks?

Otherwise I've liked where your thoughts have been these last few weeks on trade ideas

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

How about Crawford and pick 16 for Carter and pick 16? Certainly better than Bass and pick 16 for Perk and pick 12 right?

Does this answer your question Red? That Dallas won't sell the pick for $ but instead a future pick or picks?

Otherwise I've liked where your thoughts have been these last few weeks on trade ideas

Yes, it definitely does.  I also thought that the contracts of Williams, White and Randolph were not guaranteed..............could they be included in some kind of money "dump?"

Glad you like my ideas, and I'll have many more as the summer and the sagas of Paul and Howard drag on..............................:)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I believe the trade for Bargnani has already been discussed.

In this incarnation: BB + CL for AB, I'd say NO. I wouldn't trade 2 very good defenders for 1 very bad defender. Unless, of course, it's part of other deal(s).

AK

Sections
Shortcuts