So..............................................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: So..............................................

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Terrible trade...look...too many on these threads are compiling these nutty scenarios...no one is going to do Danny Strange and the Celtics any favors in giving them something for nothing...some other bad teams nothings aren't anything I want anyways, they'll only hold back any positive long term moves....face the facts, the Celtics have to rebuild...Danny Strange killed off any true hopes for more championships when he traded Perk...Green ain't nuthin', sorry Green fans it's the hard truth...you can't be a star, which is what they traded for, if you CHOOSE to turn it on every 3rd game.....This team has no toughness, real, physical toughness, so they'll NEVER win, they'll never be able to rebound or protect the paint they way they are now....Bargnani just plain stinks, lol, and like the man said that would just put a 7 footer who can't rebound on a team who can't rebound...It's over folks, let's start the rebuilding...If you still have season's tickets, consider it a down payment on the future good games you'll see like I had to 20 years ago.

Which one?  I listed several!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Hi,

I believe the trade for Bargnani has already been discussed.

In this incarnation: BB + CL for AB, I'd say NO. I wouldn't trade 2 very good defenders for 1 very bad defender. Unless, of course, it's part of other deal(s).

AK

Bass is a good defender of both forward spots, not very good... the quickest 3's or catch and shoot 3's give him huge problems, any PF over 6'9" with a back to the basket or above the rim game is going to abuse him in the post.

Lee is a very good defender of SG's, but just a good defender of PG's. Avery is an excellent defender of PG's and very very good defender of SG's, so Lee is not needed and is also overpaid.

Bass also takes mins from Sully and can't play C. While Bargnani, an average to poor defender of both PF's and C's, can at least play some C, rest KG and get the guy we hope deserves the most mins at PF (SUlly) out from under Bass's shadow. He also saves the C's 7 million in the long run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

[QUOTE]

Terrible trade...look...too many on these threads are compiling these nutty scenarios...no one is going to do Danny Strange and the Celtics any favors in giving them something for nothing...some other bad teams nothings aren't anything I want anyways, they'll only hold back any positive long term moves....face the facts, the Celtics have to rebuild...Danny Strange killed off any true hopes for more championships when he traded Perk...Green ain't nuthin', sorry Green fans it's the hard truth...you can't be a star, which is what they traded for, if you CHOOSE to turn it on every 3rd game.....This team has no toughness, real, physical toughness, so they'll NEVER win, they'll never be able to rebound or protect the paint they way they are now....Bargnani just plain stinks, lol, and like the man said that would just put a 7 footer who can't rebound on a team who can't rebound...It's over folks, let's start the rebuilding...If you still have season's tickets, consider it a down payment on the future good games you'll see like I had to 20 years ago.

[/QUOTE]

jfaust is just a rambling troll, facts and reality bounce off him and he spews his same negative trash, ignore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Rameakap,

Sorry, by AB I meant Andrea Bargnani.

I'd probably argue about good or very good, etc. part. But 100% agree with your point about money.

AK

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

jfaust is just a rambling troll, facts and reality bounce off him and he spews his same negative trash, ignore

[/QUOTE]

It's not negative, it's real...you guys sound like a collection of 16 year olds taking pie in the sky trades.... they stink, they can't win a playoff series they way they are NOW, they probably won't even make it to the playoffs next year...what am I missing? They have had to rebuild before, it's time to do it again ...LMAO...if you can't handle the truth, just put me on ignore...just like you said, please, be my guest...so many STOOOPID suggested trades and not 3/4's of you know whether or not certain guys can be traded on the basis of contract amounts...if you are going to propose trades, make sure it's not the equivalent of "Gee, let's see if we can trade david Ortiz to Washington for Bryce Harper and Strasburg, they'd do that, right?"

[/QUOTE]

I am rebuilding................I have a whole new team, including PG.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Rameakap,

Sorry, by AB I meant Andrea Bargnani.

I'd probably argue about good or very good, etc. part. But 100% agree with your point about money.

AK

Oh I know what you meant

I was pointing out Bradley b/c simply by being on the roster and playing somewhere between 26-34 mins a game makes there no need for Lee and his good/very good D b/c Bradley has very good/excellent D.

What Bargnani would do on offense and simply being 2" taller than Bass... while making room for Sully in the paint by shifting to maybe 8-12 mins as the backup 5 (still need a 4th big) would be much more valuable than what Bass does, despite slightly worse D

and of course there is the savings in $ of 7 million

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

It's not negative, it's real...you guys sound like a collection of 16 year olds taking pie in the sky trades.... they stink, they can't win a playoff series they way they are NOW, they probably won't even make it to the playoffs next year...what am I missing? They have had to rebuild before, it's time to do it again ...LMAO...if you can't handle the truth, just put me on ignore...just like you said, please, be my guest...so many STOOOPID suggested trades and not 3/4's of you know whether or not certain guys can be traded on the basis of contract amounts...if you are going to propose trades, make sure it's not the equivalent of "Gee, let's see if we can trade david Ortiz to Washington for Bryce Harper and Strasburg, they'd do that, right?"

Yuck

I am constantly correcting crazy trades people like DaCeltics make on this board that don't make sense or can't even be done based on the rules. I'm 99.9% sure I know more about the CBA and what can and cannot be done that you faust. In all my trade ideas this year I think only 1-2 were unab;e to be done based on the rules amidst dozens that could.

Clearly Bass/Lee for Bargnani, who is the same age as both of them... a former #1 pick who scored 17-21 a game just 1-3 years ago is a solid move that could help both teams. Change of scenary for one guy, getting rid of our 5th guard and his 16 million salary and getting a player who fits better with Sully/KG on our end.

Your posts are negative and useless

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Perkins left because of money.What happened to him?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tony Allen left because of money, Perk left because of money and Posey left becase of money.

Danny was right on 2 out of 3 of those.............and TA is now, what, 31?  This will be his last contract, while we should have Bradley for another 6-7 years at least!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tony Allen left because of money, Perk left because of money and Posey left becase of money.

Danny was right on 2 out of 3 of those.............and TA is now, what, 31?  This will be his last contract, while we should have Bradley for another 6-7 years at least!

[/QUOTE]

Yup, 2 of 3...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if we had kept them, even for two more years, we'd probably have at least 1 more, maybe 2 more flags......we don't have them, and no additional flags.....guys who win championships as 2nd tier guys eventually want  bigger roles for alot more $$$$....trust me, some of those on the Heat who have won a flag and took "discounts" to play with James and whose contracts are coming up will want a bigger payday soon, and they too will face the same thing....you can't keep a team together for long stretches anymore even in a league with such diluted talent and so many teams.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree - we would have won in 2009 if KG didn't get hurt, and we lost in 2010 because Perk got hurt in Game 6 - there are your two rings right there............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

2009 would have been an epic finals if KG wasn't hurt, I'd give Boston a 55-45 chance of winning it. Had Ainge kept Posey it would have been a 70-30 Boston advantage IMO... but the point is moot, KG was hurt.

2010 it was Ray going like 0-16 from 3's after Artest's dirty charleyhorse that ended the series before Perk's injury. KG also wasn't himself and not able to rebound like we saw him do in both the '12 and '13 playoffs. so before Perk got injured it was those 2 injury issues that kept the '10 finals from ending in 5. But yes, Perk going down probably cost us game 7 that the ref's stole anyhow.

In 2011 I agree that having Tony Allen AND Perk would have allowed us to beat the still growing together Heat. but I think Dallas is better in the end.

So, despite the ONE mistake of not keeping TA, it likely didn't cost us ANY titles, and now we have the no-brainer Green over Perk and Avery over TA roster moves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

2009 would have been an epic finals if KG wasn't hurt, I'd give Boston a 55-45 chance of winning it. Had Ainge kept Posey it would have been a 70-30 Boston advantage IMO... but the point is moot, KG was hurt.

2010 it was Ray going like 0-16 from 3's after Artest's dirty charleyhorse that ended the series before Perk's injury. KG also wasn't himself and not able to rebound like we saw him do in both the '12 and '13 playoffs. so before Perk got injured it was those 2 injury issues that kept the '10 finals from ending in 5. But yes, Perk going down probably cost us game 7 that the ref's stole anyhow.

In 2011 I agree that having Tony Allen AND Perk would have allowed us to beat the still growing together Heat. but I think Dallas is better in the end.

So, despite the ONE mistake of not keeping TA, it likely didn't cost us ANY titles, and now we have the no-brainer Green over Perk and Avery over TA roster moves.

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Red,

Back to Bargnani and saving the Raptor's money.

I really don't think they are going to want Lee. I can 100% see them wanting to trade AB for Bass, that saves them 10 million for nearly equal production. But also taking on Lee's 16 million is a net loss, esp with DeRozan and Fields on the roster.

We could trade them Melo and Crawford, who would be playing on 1 year deals, and the trade woul still work and save them 6 million if they move on from those guys. they combine for like 3.5m next year, Bass 6.75, so that is 10.25 for 11 swap.

Or we could try and send Terry to a contender, like the Clippers, for the player option of Willie Green (1.4m) and Grant Hill (2.2m) before Hill files his retirement papers. Then flip those 2 guys to the Raptor's with Bass. That would save us from paying Terry 11 million and save Toronto 8 million over 2 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Red,

Back to Bargnani and saving the Raptor's money.

I really don't think they are going to want Lee. I can 100% see them wanting to trade AB for Bass, that saves them 10 million for nearly equal production. But also taking on Lee's 16 million is a net loss, esp with DeRozan and Fields on the roster.

We could trade them Melo and Crawford, who would be playing on 1 year deals, and the trade woul still work and save them 6 million if they move on from those guys. they combine for like 3.5m next year, Bass 6.75, so that is 10.25 for 11 swap.

Or we could try and send Terry to a contender, like the Clippers, for the player option of Willie Green (1.4m) and Grant Hill (2.2m) before Hill files his retirement papers. Then flip those 2 guys to the Raptor's with Bass. That would save us from paying Terry 11 million and save Toronto 8 million over 2 years.

Again, like it!