Soft Cap Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Soft Cap Question

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

With all the Posts about how would we feel if PP went to the Lakers or Heat, I would like an answer to the following. It may have been addressed in previous posts but I didn't have time to read them.

Can somebody explain that PP is owed 15 mil but can be bought out for 5 mil ?  Can't we renegotiate his $15 mil contract and offer him as much as any other team would. I don't think he's worth more than $5mil.

Please explain the same with KG...I don't know what he is making.

All I'm saying is that if money is not the object and both want to remain loyal to Boston and retire as Celtics, why not play for $4-5 mil as both will be playing limited minutes any place I would guess.

But regarding money not being a question when someone is asked to do something but doesn't,  I'm reminded that when someone said money was not the question, to ask the question again !

New CBA says a player can not renogotiate his deal.  PP has a team option, so they can pay him 15 mill, if they keep him by a certain date, OR , if they don't want him they buy him out for 5 mill by the same date.

Isn't buying him out the same as renegotiating his contract. Or do you mean he is now free to negotiate with someone else or again with us. If so, he could negotiate again with us for $1.00 as he got $5 mil as if he wanted to be loyal & money not an object. However, he may want another ring, and going to the Heat could give it to him.

No, he is a free agent.....renegotiating is not allowed under the new CBA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

I dont really understand everyones argument to get rid of KG and PP and then build through the draft. I do understand the theory behind it, but lets say does this does happen. Do you really think a team with RR, Bradley, and Green plus however they pickup with the money from PP and KG isnt going to sneak into the playoffs as the 7 or 8 seed. I don't see that team finishing below the 8th seed, and if they do no way the are lower than the ten seed. And, if they do finish is the 12th pick in the draft really that much better than the 16th? Or tell me where my logic is flawed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Pierce is the 1st option, the leading scorer of the team

KG is the 2nd option on offense and he's the defensive anchor.

There's no way the Celts will make the playoffs without KG and Pierce.

===========================================

Fierce, if we unloaded KG & PP to whomever and could cherry pick 5 of the possible players, Josh Smith, AL Jefferson, DeAndre Jordan, Bledsoe, Redick, Bogut, Gasol, Barbosa etc. and Sully & Rondo returned healthy and Melo developed & we unloaded Terry, Crawford, Williams, Lee and maybe Bass & Wilcox, don't you think we could contend ?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

Pierce is the 1st option, the leading scorer of the team

KG is the 2nd option on offense and he's the defensive anchor.

There's no way the Celts will make the playoffs without KG and Pierce.

===========================================

Fierce, if we unloaded KG & PP to whomever and could cherry pick 5 of the possible players, Josh Smith, AL Jefferson, DeAndre Jordan, Bledsoe, Redick, Bogut, Gasol, Barbosa etc. and Sully & Rondo returned healthy and Melo developed & we unloaded Terry, Crawford, Williams, Lee and maybe Bass & Wilcox, don't you think we could contend ?

None of those players you mentioned would make the Celts an elite team.

Maybe the Celts would fight for the 8th seed, but they'll most likely miss the playoffs next season without Pierce and KG.

[/QUOTE

I agree that just one of them as you said "none" is elite but synergism

( the some of the parts equals more than the whole) so as a group of 5 I can't believe that PFs  Jefferson & Smith, a Center, Bogut, & scoring PGs, Redick & Bledsoe plus as I said from our current team, Rondo, Bradley, Sully and maybe Melo wouldn't be a contender.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

With all the Posts about how would we feel if PP went to the Lakers or Heat, I would like an answer to the following. It may have been addressed in previous posts but I didn't have time to read them.

Can somebody explain that PP is owed 15 mil but can be bought out for 5 mil ?  Can't we renegotiate his $15 mil contract and offer him as much as any other team would. I don't think he's worth more than $5mil.

Please explain the same with KG...I don't know what he is making.

All I'm saying is that if money is not the object and both want to remain loyal to Boston and retire as Celtics, why not play for $4-5 mil as both will be playing limited minutes any place I would guess.

But regarding money not being a question when someone is asked to do something but doesn't,  I'm reminded that when someone said money was not the question, to ask the question again !

New CBA says a player can not renogotiate his deal.  PP has a team option, so they can pay him 15 mill, if they keep him by a certain date, OR , if they don't want him they buy him out for 5 mill by the same date.

Isn't buying him out the same as renegotiating his contract. Or do you mean he is now free to negotiate with someone else or again with us. If so, he could negotiate again with us for $1.00 as he got $5 mil as if he wanted to be loyal & money not an object. However, he may want another ring, and going to the Heat could give it to him.

No, he is a free agent.....renegotiating is not allowed under the new CBA!

Can't the Celtics negotiate an extension which includes the 5 million buyout money.