Some Intense Stuff: Kenny Anderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Some Intense Stuff: Kenny Anderson

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/25/4555906/kenny-anderson-sexual-abuse?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

This is pretty hardcore. Just reading it now. Kenny was a very good Celtic...that game against the Nets in 2002...all the talk was of Walker flipping out on the line but Kenny really made some huge plays. Great natural talent. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Some Intense Stuff: Kenny Anderson

People trash the early pierce and walker teams, and specifically the Anderson trade.

personally I enjoyed those teams and their run to the confence finals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

after a slow sherman douglas-esque start in boston, kenny redeemed himself and played good ball for us for about a year and a half or so.  those teams were fun to watch.  however, kenny was brutally overpaid for his level of contribution.

i always thought that we should have kept rodney rogers through a second season.  but then when he showed up fat and awful in new jersey the next year it made me wonder.  kind of like posey.  but you never know what would have happened if that crew stayed intact one more year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

after a slow sherman douglas-esque start in boston, kenny redeemed himself and played good ball for us for about a year and a half or so.  those teams were fun to watch.  however, kenny was brutally overpaid for his level of contribution.

i always thought that we should have kept rodney rogers through a second season.  but then when he showed up fat and awful in new jersey the next year it made me wonder.  kind of like posey.  but you never know what would have happened if that crew stayed intact one more year. 

When he was here his personal life was a total wreck...and now we have some reason why...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Kenny Anderson was a great point guard....when he wanted to be.  He was great his first half year with the Celtics....and then he reverted to the old me-first Kenny Anderson.  When he wanted to be a point guard, he was great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I remember a game where Kenny played absolutely brilliantly and his final stat line for that game was 7 points and 5 assists, but anyone who watched that game knew he was the best player on the floor that night.  I remember Dan Shaugnessy saying to Pitino in the post game press conference - "The guy had 7 points and dominated the game."  Kenny Anderson could manage a game brilliantly, but he couldn't keep his head screwed on straight and he eventually reverted back to the shoot first Kenny.  It's a shame.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Would you trade him for Vin Baker though? That made me sick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I remember a game where Kenny played absolutely brilliantly and his final stat line for that game was 7 points and 5 assists, but anyone who watched that game knew he was the best player on the floor that night.  I remember Dan Shaugnessy saying to Pitino in the post game press conference - "The guy had 7 points and dominated the game."  Kenny Anderson could manage a game brilliantly, but he couldn't keep his head screwed on straight and he eventually reverted back to the shoot first Kenny.  It's a shame.

As a player he was a pure natural. And yes, he was a bit basket happy. I remember Tommy H despised him during the 2000-2001 season. He was kinda an anti-Waltah but he really bought into the O'Brien thing the next season and played some great point....one of those guys who had the (sickenly overused, I know) high basketball IQ. And yes that trade was hell. His age and injuries and contract really started to weigh heavy on Chris Wallace who of course wimped out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kenny was a playground legend in NYC... the hype surrounding him was extraordinary.  Never saw him play back then but Id hear things about him suggesting he would be the next megasuperstar.

He never lived up to that hype in college or the NBA, it would have been tough for anyone to do.  Had the skills but there was always something missing keeping him from the upper tier of players.

Sections
Shortcuts