Some people do not see the real issue.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Some people do not see the real issue.

For some who are criticizing the Celtics interior defense and toughness on the defensive end that has not been the case over the last 8 games. I know at times people get dunked on and we have seen layups but let's look at a true number. The Celtic's have been giving up 82.5 points per game over the last 8 games. That is incredible. Only twice in that time period has anyone scored over 90.

The problem is the Celtic's cant score anymore. It is the offense that is killing them. It could be many things like turnovers, lack of rebounding, and taking poor shots at the end of the shot clock. We know they don't take many shots during the course of the game. But the problem has not been the D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Some people do not see the real issue.

I echo your sentiments, with a couple of additions:

I think right now, we are backwards.  What I mean by that is I think we need to play with a higher sense of urgency at the START of games.  We can't wait until we fall behind by 10 points, then "flip the switch."  Imagine if we played the first quarter like we did the fourth against the Knicks?  Teams would give up.  The lakers, I hate to say it, have it right.  They are coming out of the blocks and blowing people out.  This goes right down from Pierce, to Rondo, to Ray - ALL of them have to get on board and blow people out in the very first quarter.

Their lack of easy baskets is very annoying.  Last night I thought they OVERpassed two or three times.  Rondo, then Krstic, then Ray ( I think)....Mike and Tommy kept saying how many more shots the Grizz were taking than we were.  Red always said you can forgive a few turnonvers if you have a running team.......................so, I will forgive a few turnovers IF we start running and getting some easy looks.  Otherwise, just like you said, if we don't take a lot of shots, and wait 20 seconds, our offense becomes stagnant.

Here's hoping our CAPTAIN comes out next game and gets 18 in the FIRST quarter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Which is why this shouldnt be that concerning. The defense is there but the issue for the Celtics right now is their offensive struggles.

They will get it back but its going to take some time and consistency from everyone on the court. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

In Response to Re: Some people do not see the real issue.:
    [QUOTE]Which is why this shouldnt be that concerning. The defense is there but the issue for the Celtics right now is their offensive struggles. They will get it back but its going to take some time and consistency from everyone on the court. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

And this offensive struggle starts with the $11 million Fraud Point guard name Rajon Rondo who's playing like a wuss, afraid to drive to the basket when he's got a clear Lane bigger then an airport's runway. Afraid to draw contact and possibly get the other team's Bigs in foul trouble when ours are getting lynched by David Stern's goons when the other team's guards are running it down our throats. Things the little Fraud should be doing. Completely wasting at least 10-15 seconds of the clock dribbling the dam ball for no got dam reason only to let it reach 5 seconds and wanna take a hero shot so he can be the man i guess or who knows what stupid reason. It's like this Kid's IQ has gone down the toilet along with whatever skills he used to have to make them fork up that $11 mill.

With all that said, its pretty much 4(Celtics) vs 5(opponent) out there. How can we score when there is a malfunction. Is it me or is Rajon Rondo not taking his job seriously now. its almost like he is playing And 1 basketball, like its a joke to him. Someone please remind him about the $11 mill they're paying him to perform. thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is clear to anyone with eyes. The middle is clogged and the three point line is protected. The Celtics have to go inside and they can't or won't some reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think the issue is how the offense is managed. All too often we let the shot clock run down to 7 seconds while ROndo dribbles the ball near the FT line.

You cant just dribble and hope someone pops open.

Much has been said that this is ROndos team... and to a degree it is

When he drives agressively, he wreaks havoc on defenses.. Hes capable of beating most defenders off the dribble and getting to the hoop.. HE gets layups or causes mulitple switches on defenses when opens up people...

He hasnt been doing too much of that lately... He did so in the KNicks game and some early in last nights game...  But in general, hes settling for pounding the ball into the floor for 15-20 secs....faking drives and pulling it out to stand around and wait....wait...wait

If hes not gonna be aggressive, Doc should have a tlak with him or maybe sit him out cause hes exhausted. I dont know why this is going on but to my eye, this has been stagnating our offense for a while

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

murphy is the worst player i have ever seen; we should have got leon powe
    back. missed opportunity by danny ainge. too bad murphy did not choose the heat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Right now the c's are trying to slow the game down, walk the ball up, and basically save as much energy as possible.  This is why we're seeing what Karl describes.  This is also why our defensive numbers look better than they are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Karllost, I agree with you.  As many posts tend to point to Rondo, he IS the straw that stirs the drink here.  He is the guy with the ball in his hands the most and HE has to do better with it.  And I think Doc has to take some responsibility with that too.

When Rondo is attacking and/or moving the ball, our offense flows so much better.  We go through these periods where our offense looks like a thing of beauty.

However when he begins to pound the ball as the clock winds down only to hoist up a long jumper, he is the only player "in play" and we're so inefficient offensively.

That may be a sign that he's tired.  When he simply stands outside and launches that jump shot, maybe that is when Doc needs to make the change to West.

I think Rondo gets alot of the criticism because of his importance to the success of the offense.  Pierce can miss 9 of 10 shots but our offense can still flow well enough to win.  Ray can have an off night but our overall offense can overcome that to win.  When Rondo is off his game and resorts to the "pound the ball" strategy, our entire offense shuts down.  We can't win.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

The Celtics are going all the way! Some of you "so-called" fans disgust me. They have NO issues!!! They are Champions and will play that way when the playoffs begin. Dont fret people!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Three words: turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  Eleven in the first eleven minutes of play last night.  Their first half play has been consistently sloppy of late.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

joel49 - Who cares?!?!? It was against the Memphis Bears!!!!!  Wait till the C's play a really good team like the Spurs or the Bulls!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Three words: turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  Eleven in the first eleven minutes of play last night.  Their first half play has been consistently sloppy of late.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I said!!  So, I agree with you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Yesterday's game was "turnover city".  However, in our past 10 games, we eclipsed 100 points only once and THAT was in a loss to the Clippers.  Our current problems are in the offense.

77 points vs Houston, 79 against New Jersey and in our most impressive win, against Milwaukee, we scored only 87 points.

We've overcome being beaten on the boards.  We've overcome having a high number of turnovers.  The consistent theme lately has been a difficulty in scoring.  We average 97 points per game so it's apparent that our recent offensive woes are not normal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walsh513. Show walsh513's posts

rondo must be going through some personal problems

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Some people do not see the real issue.:
    [QUOTE]For some who are criticizing the Celtics interior defense and toughness on the defensive end that has not been the case over the last 8 games. I know at times people get dunked on and we have seen layups but let's look at a true number. The Celtic's have been giving up 82.5 points per game over the last 8 games. That is incredible. Only twice in that time period has anyone scored over 90. The problem is the Celtic's cant score anymore. It is the offense that is killing them. It could be many things like turnovers, lack of rebounding, and taking poor shots at the end of the shot clock. We know they don't take many shots during the course of the game. But the problem has not been the D.
    Posted by calvinator[/QUOTE]
    No low post scoring...simple as that. Our 7 footer (KG) wants to take jumpers all night....which is great when he's on but when he's off it kills the Cs as with Glenn Davis. This is a jump shooting team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAKER-Troll. Show LAKER-Troll's posts

The real issue is that the celtics are just too old to make it through an 82 game season and then have enough in the tank to get through the leastern conference.

Shaq's road jersey = sports jacket. Surprised

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

KGs game is mainly perimeter jumpers and hes pretty good with it too. He plays a little on the inside but lets face facts... KG is a finesse offensive player. You're rarely gonna se him use a power move in traffic... its just how he is.

Take a look at him... he looks like a bean pole...skinny. Hes uses his height, agility and good shot to score..  Forget about KG doing what Shaq does, not gonna happen...  Even in the post, he usually settles for fall away jumpers or short hooks.. no power game but who cares... what he does give us is plenty on both sides of the ball

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I thought we traded for offense? smh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

PP and RA need to be more consistant with their offense.
    I just wish the C's well as this season comes to an end.
    This waiting till the last quarter of a game to dig your way
    out and then try to win is killing me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I think the issue is how the offense is managed. All too often we let the shot clock run down to 7 seconds while ROndo dribbles the ball near the FT line. You cant just dribble and hope someone pops open. Much has been said that this is ROndos team... and to a degree it is When he drives agressively, he wreaks havoc on defenses.. Hes capable of beating most defenders off the dribble and getting to the hoop.. HE gets layups or causes mulitple switches on defenses when opens up people... He hasnt been doing too much of that lately... He did so in the KNicks game and some early in last nights game...  But in general, hes settling for pounding the ball into the floor for 15-20 secs....faking drives and pulling it out to stand around and wait....wait...wait If hes not gonna be aggressive, Doc should have a tlak with him or maybe sit him out cause hes exhausted. I dont know why this is going on but to my eye, this has been stagnating our offense for a while
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

So I have been saying they have one of the worst and most dysfunctional offenses all year and all of a sudden it is a surprise?

They are in the bottom third of points scored, whenever they play a team with a good defense they really have a hard time scoring and somehow, some way, in some strange universe and only on BDC it is not because they have a point guard that cannot shoot, will not shoot, cannot finish, will not go to the foul line, and pounds the ball into the floor until he guarantees himself an assist....... why and how on earth is this new?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Yesterday's game was "turnover city".  However, in our past 10 games, we eclipsed 100 points only once and THAT was in a loss to the Clippers.  Our current problems are in the offense. 77 points vs Houston, 79 against New Jersey and in our most impressive win, against Milwaukee, we scored only 87 points. We've overcome being beaten on the boards.  We've overcome having a high number of turnovers.  The consistent theme lately has been a difficulty in scoring.  We average 97 points per game so it's apparent that our recent offensive woes are not normal.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Play the Clippers without Gordon, play Houston after they trade away Brooks, lose to Memphis without Gay..... oh an average 97 ppgs......  well that is in the bottom third in the league... there are those that would like to hold up 97 ppg as if they are the league's leading scoring team... they are in the bottom third of the league in scoring but somehow want us to believe that they are some sort of well oiled machine when all is going well.... their offense is dysfunctional and horrendous....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    So what are you saying we can't win? Spit it out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]joel49 - Who cares?!?!? It was against the Memphis Bears!!!!!  Wait till the C's play a really good team like the Spurs or the Bulls!
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]
    Not sure what your point is, Tayshawn.   Are you saying they'll play better or worse against the better competition? And for the record, I care.

Sections
Shortcuts