Some stats - call them interesting if yo u want

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Some stats - call them interesting if yo u want

Are we sure Smart can't shoot?

I looked some things up - in 2 years, Smart averaged 16 ppg, shot 48% on 2's, 30% on 3's and 75% from the FT line.

Many here have said "we drafted another PG who can't shoot..."......hmmmm

On the flip side,the guy we drafted (Young) who everyone said CAN shoot averaged 14.3 ppg, shot 41% on 2/s 34% on 3's and 71% from the line.

Just thought I 'd throw it out there...........

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: Some stats - call them interesting if yo u want

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The word is that he absolutely can shoot and quite well but at times takes poor shots which brings the percentage down. If you watch his highlights he seems to have a pretty nice stoke to me.

I looked some things up - in 2 years, Smart averaged 16 ppg, shot 48% on 2's, 30% on 3's and 75% from the FT line.

On the flip side,the guy we drafted (Young) who everyone said CAN shoot averaged 14.3 ppg, shot 41% on 2/s 34% on 3's and 71% from the line.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

IDk, I'm gonna wait and see on this kid. Everything about him screams Marcus Banks to me who left the celtics after a few years and never really impressed. He also played just 2 years at UNLV and was a strong guard known for defense and quickness. His college numbers are better than Smart so someone tell me why Smart is the real deal and not another M.Banks who's career averages are 5.9 ppg, 2.1 ast, 1.5 reb, and .08 steals after averaging 20ppg, 5.5 ast and 2.9 steals his last year in college....

I just feel like you can do better at # 6. When I think of a guard that high, I think of a franchise pg and so far looking at his #'s, its hard to see. I mean Tony Parker and Rondo, both franchise point guards went in the 20's. So getting one at # 6, you expect a Great Franchise Guard and Im not seeing it yet. Certainly not ready to anoint him the next D.Wade either. Once Gordon was gone I would have traded down and got Gary Harris and let AB walk, use his money for a big but what do I know

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Many here have said Danny drafted another PG who can't shoot..."......hmmmm

Gasol joins Lakers whether Bynum get's injury or not - last word!!

No kidding Danny can't draft period!  The last few players he has drafted are either hurt half the time or out of the league completely!  Celtics will be in rebuild mode for sometime to come.  Enjoy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And the lakers drafted a guy with two screws in his foot.

Comments coming from a guy who calls the #2 pick in the draft Jacoby Parker mean to me exactly what he has proven he knows about basketball time after time after time......NOTHING!

Many here have said Danny drafted another PG who can't shoot..."......hmmmm

Gasol joins Lakers whether Bynum get's injury or not - last word!!

[/QUOTE]
    No kidding Danny can't draft period!  The last few players he has drafted are either hurt half the time or out of the league completely!  Celtics will be in rebuild mode for sometime to come.  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to jam757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The word is that he absolutely can shoot and quite well but at times takes poor shots which brings the percentage down. If you watch his highlights he seems to have a pretty nice stoke to me.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hedley...you proved my point...no need to keep Rondon't because Smart will play far better D, can shoot far better in every way, is tough and a TRUE team leader, not merely a head case ball hogger, and gets far less $$ for all of that than does Wee Devilman PG!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I wanted to see the signing of Isaiah Thomas, pair him with Smart and move Rondo... but the re-sign of AB shows that ain't happening.

IT the 2nd is avg 20 ppg in his 3rd season in the NBA.

Love C. Parsons also... not happening.

No love for Love... have to give up way too much.