Some things to look for tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Some things to look for tonight

1.)  the realistic possibility of JON coming back to earth and maybe not struggling, but he cant shoot 100% forever.  Its imperative for his minutes to be monitered. Dont want to wear him out

2.) Im hoping Kristic can get more minutes against the Knicks.  He has earned the right to play some, even if he doesnt have playoff experience. He is the only guy who can score inside and like to play inside.  At the least he can make Amare work on defense and maybe get him in foul trouble.

3.) Green needs to be told his role, which is stop passing the ball and look for your shot whenever it is there.  I like the way his one on one defense has been better though, but would like to see him be greedy.

4.) Get Ray invloved early.  Landry is a non factor on offense, so he can use all his energy to chase Ray. Set some solid double screens early and get him going, he makes our offense flow easily when he is involved.  No fga's in 1st quarter last game.

5.) Force the K.G./ Turiaf matchup.  Spread the floor, dump it in to the Big Ticket and tell him to go right up over the top on the catch!

6.)Can we possibly see a little of Wafer?  I mean we got our old throw away players like Walker making us look bad, if there is a series you can play ur bench , its this one.  let em shine..he can help.

7.) More Iso's for P.Pierce.  Make Melo play defense all game.  He is playing agressive on Pierce and the refs have to call something if you stay with it.

8.) Tell Rondo to attack, attack, attack the Basket.  Turiaf is a JOKE as a center, and Amare doesnt want to foul out...Make them Pay!

Oh, and a good , convincing W

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Some things to look for tonight

Good gameplan...I like it, I like it.

#3, #5, #7, #8 are on the mark!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Some things to look for tonight:

[QUOTE]1.)  the realistic possibility of JON coming back to earth and maybe not struggling, but he cant shoot 100% forever.  Its imperative for his minutes to be monitered. Dont want to wear him out 2.) Im hoping Kristic can get more minutes against the Knicks.  He has earned the right to play some, even if he doesnt have playoff experience. He is the only guy who can score inside and like to play inside.  At the least he can make Amare work on defense and maybe get him in foul trouble. 3.) Green needs to be told his role, which is stop passing the ball and look for your shot whenever it is there.  I like the way his one on one defense has been better though, but would like to see him be greedy. 4.) Get Ray invloved early.  Landry is a non factor on offense, so he can use all his energy to chase Ray. Set some solid double screens early and get him going, he makes our offense flow easily when he is involved.  No fga's in 1st quarter last game. 5.) Force the K.G./ Turiaf matchup.  Spread the floor, dump it in to the Big Ticket and tell him to go right up over the top on the catch! 6.)Can we possibly see a little of Wafer?  I mean we got our old throw away players like Walker making us look bad, if there is a series you can play ur bench , its this one.  let em shine..he can help. 7.) More Iso's for P.Pierce.  Make Melo play defense all game.  He is playing agressive on Pierce and the refs have to call something if you stay with it. 8.) Tell Rondo to attack, attack, attack the Basket.  Turiaf is a JOKE as a center, and Amare doesnt want to foul out...Make them Pay! Oh, and a good , convincing W

Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

-

Good one, Mr. Shizzle.

All solid points and on #8 I'd like to add that besides attacking the basket, Rondo & Delonte, whoever is playing point at the time, should be pushing the ball relentlessly at the Knicks to wear them down and to get easy buckets.

Not to sound like a broken record, but pushing the ball up relentlessly, even off made hoops, will, to a large extent, negate the stratedgy of sagging off Rondo in the half-court set.

Game one was a thrilling victory, but the C's got to play better tonight.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Great thoughts:

#1 - JON has had plenty of rest, if his hand is hot, play it.
    #2 - Agreed
    #3 - Agreed. On Green, yeah, it sure would be nice if Doc would tell him "don't pass the ball to an inferior offensive player with less than 5 seconds on the shot clock!" 
    #4 - Agreed
    #5 - Agreed
    #6 - If we get a big lead I would give (Baron) Von Wafer some minutes. otherwise, meh?
    #7 - Agreed
    #8 - Agreed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Good stuff. JON's offense was real good. If he doesn't score another point I will take what he did on the defensive end every night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If Billups is out, we should win.  I think we need a sense of urgency EARLY.  If we can get out to a 10-15 point lead by the second quarter, I think they will fold up their tents and hope for a win at home.  How many times can they have a double digit lead on us and blow if before it gets in their heads.

I agree Krstic should play more.  Throw Wafer a bone, and have Rondo take it to the hole early and often.  KG inside and Baby outside, NOT the other way around!!

Go Celtics, bury them early tonight!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

if billups is out rondo has to face a younger faster point guard... might not be able to shoot as well, but will have to hustle just as much. nothing is guaranteed in this sport.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I hear that, but douglas is a jacker ,he is not gonna stop Rondo if  Rondo want to be aggresive, that is the key.  Billups is much bigger in the body and body up Rondo, but no excuses tonight is Billups is out...Rondo must dominate that matchup and play him honestly...if he roams around like usual, Douglas will kill him,...he is a good 3pt shooter, but thats it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Douglas wants to shoot, he doesn't want to run an offense. He's sort of like Stuckey in Detroit. Billups tries to get Amare and Melo the ball in their spots. Can Douglas do the same?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i dont want to see anymore of kristic...and expect doc to limit his minutes...wide open lane...i mean WIDE OPEN..and shoots a shot and misses...we wont see much time this postseason...at least i hope

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Some things to look for tonight:
    [QUOTE]1.)  the realistic possibility of JON coming back to earth and maybe not struggling, but he cant shoot 100% forever.  Its imperative for his minutes to be monitered. Dont want to wear him out 2.) Im hoping Kristic can get more minutes against the Knicks.  He has earned the right to play some, even if he doesnt have playoff experience. He is the only guy who can score inside and like to play inside.  At the least he can make Amare work on defense and maybe get him in foul trouble. 3.) Green needs to be told his role, which is stop passing the ball and look for your shot whenever it is there.  I like the way his one on one defense has been better though, but would like to see him be greedy. 4.) Get Ray invloved early.  Landry is a non factor on offense, so he can use all his energy to chase Ray. Set some solid double screens early and get him going, he makes our offense flow easily when he is involved.  No fga's in 1st quarter last game. 5.) Force the K.G./ Turiaf matchup.  Spread the floor, dump it in to the Big Ticket and tell him to go right up over the top on the catch! 6.)Can we possibly see a little of Wafer?  I mean we got our old throw away players like Walker making us look bad, if there is a series you can play ur bench , its this one.  let em shine..he can help. 7.) More Iso's for P.Pierce.  Make Melo play defense all game.  He is playing agressive on Pierce and the refs have to call something if you stay with it. 8.) Tell Rondo to attack, attack, attack the Basket.  Turiaf is a JOKE as a center, and Amare doesnt want to foul out...Make them Pay! Oh, and a good , convincing W
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Not sure I need 8 reasons....... Cs got a close win despit an abysmal performance from Rondo... with Billups out and the Knicks realizing they lost their only shot at winning a game on the road this series, the Cs win by 20 because the Knicks lose their poise early and very quickly realize that without Mr. Big Shot, they have No Shot and there is no leadership to make up for it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Some things to look for tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Some things to look for tonight : Not sure I need 8 reasons....... Cs got a close win despit an abysmal performance from Rondo... with Billups out and the Knicks realizing they lost their only shot at winning a game on the road this series, the Cs win by 20 because the Knicks lose their poise early and very quickly realize that without Mr. Big Shot, they have No Shot and there is no leadership to make up for it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

There we go again, Dudder.  Rondo was not the star of the game, but he did almost all the right things.  He hit a couple of jumpers since they weren't playing him honest.  He got back to giving Ray the ball - YES!!!.  He had 9 rebounds and 9 assists and 1 turnover (unofficially, 2 turnovers because that pass to Pierce was his fault).   I wouldn't call that "abysmal"!  I'd call it pretty darn good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

Cut the "dumb" turnovers, like 50ft passes to 35 yr old guys, or passes at the ankles for 7 footers.
    don't over dribble - especially Rondo, and take a 25ft shot with shot clock going down.
    do not pass the ball to BBD. tell him just block the bleep out and rebound. he has become a black hole, once the ball goes to him, he takes a shot
    rebound the ball on defense and make Rondo a factor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I expect fewer jitters, and more solid defense by the Celtics. I also expect Amare to get the ball more, especially in the second half. Melo will be looking for redemption, so I expect more hero ball from the Knicks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

They have KG playing Amare straight up. He is not playing free safety tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts