Some thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Some thoughts

Pressey and Brooks are better than Bradley and Lee.

Babb is better than Bass.

Wallace is better than Green.

Sullinger is not a center.

I would start Pressey, Brooks, Farverani, Sullinger, and Wallace.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Some thoughts

You have to remember that Bradley and Lee were playing against Knick starters like Felton, Prigione, Shumpart, Udrih, Hardaway Jr.

Pressey and Brooks weren't nearly impressive until the very end of that game when they were facing the 3rd string guards and they still lost.

It is not even debatable if Bradley is better than Brooks or Pressey. Did you hear Carlismo? The scouting reports on Brooks has other team coaches having the guards go right at him on offense because he can't on-ball defend. And he's not compensating that with Kobe-like offense. Brooks isn't great.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

To be honest, we essentially have a 15 man roster that would (almost) create three top benches in the NBA.

Bradley, Bogans, Babb, Olynyk, Humphries

Pressey, Brooks, Wallace, Sullinger, Faverani

Crawford, Lee, Green, Bass, 

All of these guys are role players, some are really good role players. Danny needs to trade some of these for one more star to pair with Rondo and Stevens needs to start assigning roles.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Lee & Green play with no sense of urgency and this is not coming from preseason only. I think it is a fact at this point...ship them out.. Ink Babb!! focket, afterall arent we "tanking"??? not afraid of the moment and  showed pure energy..we have a few energy guys (Pressey, Babb, Fav & Wallace) which is finally what I wanted to see in a C's team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Pressey and Brooks are better than Bradley and Lee.

Babb is better than Bass.

Wallace is better than Green.

Sullinger is not a center.

I would start Pressey, Brooks, Farverani, Sullinger, and Wallace.

Lets see pressey do that against knicks starters and backups. 

Brooks over dribbles into crowds, hes got to develop a pull up jumper or floater, and dont even get me started on his defense.

Pressey was horrible in first half when playing against starters and rotational players, he only played well in the 4th when knicks had their scrubs/dleague players in.

And fierce you think pressey is going to be one of the best backup pgs in the league? You mean the dleauge right? Hes undersized, a below avg athlete with a below avg jump shot who forces too many passes. He wont see a minute once rondo comes back up and he will be out of the league next year when his contract is up.

The only new guys who have impressed me so far is KO and Vitor. Tho i think ko has to be more aggressive on the offensive end. Hump and g wallace have always been good players so im not surprised by what they have been doing. 

So far biggest dissapointment are brooks and lee, they both have been terrible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

Lee & Green play with no sense of urgency and this is not coming from preseason only. I think it is a fact at this point...ship them out.. Ink Babb!! focket, afterall arent we "tanking"??? not afraid of the moment and  showed pure energy..we have a few energy guys (Pressey, Babb, Fav & Wallace) which is finally what I wanted to see in a C's team.

Jeff Green is worth keeping.

Agreed. I'm not ready to run up the white flag on Green yet. He does need to be much more assertive though. Someone get KG on the phone for him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Pressey is already better than Bradley.

And Brooks is already better than Lee.

And Babb made more three pointers in one game than Bass did all last year.

And Sullinger is not a center.

Faverani and Humphries should be our centers.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Are you guys kidding me that pressey is a better pg than bradley? Not even close,  I understand u saying as a pg, as in hes a better ball handler and may have better vision, but at the end of the day they are still playing basketball, reguardless of position, so overall its not even close, and thats y ab is the starter. I wouldnt be surpised if crawford  is bu pg over pressey. In either case like i said once rondo is back pressey wont play a minute and after this year wont even be in the leauge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Pressey is already better than Bradley.

And Brooks is already better than Lee.

And Babb made more three pointers in one game than Bass did all last year.

And Sullinger is not a center.

Faverani and Humphries should be our centers.

Are you only watching the players play offense?

Again, the reason why Brooks is not good is because he's a poor defender.

Lee is not a good defender either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

What were you watching, chris?

There is no doubt Marshon Brooks is very good on offense.

But did you see how bad he was on defense?

Brooks will not get a lot of minutes because of his poor defense.

Right.  So far, Brooks has not been impressive....at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I've been very impressed with Faverani.  He has great hands and runs the floor well.  Sullinger isn't a center against legitimate centers, i.e., Chandler, but luckily there are very few legitimate centers in the league.  I think Crawford so far has looked the best at point guard, but that isn't saying much.  These games have been eye opening.  Starting to think 20-25 wins is realistic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I already love Wallace and his frenetic energy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Its early but some players have had good stretches in games.  Danny needs to make decisions on players and balance the team.  Stevens is handcuffed because of the logjams of players at the same positions.  Things are looking good.  KO is playing with the team and waiting for roles to develop.  KO , Sully, and Fav appear to be NBA players with good upside.  Sully will be able to be effective against bigger centers, when he realizes that against the bigger centers he will be looking for the pass a lot.  Pressey might suprise when he adds his speed and offensive game.  If we get Rondo back and he is willing to lead, this team trimmed down a bit, could be a spoiler this year. Our biggest weakness if we get Rondo back is a two that can play both ends of the court.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Are you guys kidding me that pressey is a better pg than bradley? Not even close,  I understand u saying as a pg, as in hes a better ball handler and may have better vision, but at the end of the day they are still playing basketball, reguardless of position, so overall its not even close, and thats y ab is the starter. I wouldnt be surpised if crawford  is bu pg over pressey. In either case like i said once rondo is back pressey wont play a minute and after this year wont even be in the leauge.

What are you saying?? pressey is a better ball handler and has better vision than Bradley...therefore Bradley is the better PG??

As a PG, Bradley should be playing HS ball.. maybe theyre tying to develop him there or maybe they realize playing AB at PG means we're a sure lottery team.. pick your poison

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

fav is better than I ever thought he could be.

seems to play with a lot of energy and is willing to mix it up some with a legit NBA body, that is he doesn't PLAY like a europeon player ( maybe because he's not from Europe I guess).

needs to quit throwing up those crazy outside shots though.

other than that this team so far is just about what i expected.

as Coach Stevens starts to refine his rotation.....we'll get a better feel, IMO.

I still think that he'll settle on a starting lineup of

Sullinger

Bass

Green

Lee

Bradley

with the bench (in order of minutes played)

Wallace

KO

Humphries

Crawford

Fav

I think they will move Wallace and or Humphries as soon as they get a decent offer or about the time Rondo returns

at that point I see starters being:

Sullinger

Bass

Green

Lee

Rondo

Bench in order of minutes

Bradley

KO

Fav

Crawford

Bogans

this assumes we get drafts picks for wallace & Humphries

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

that was pressey's first freakin game ever.  he looked alright, i think it is a little premature to make any longterm judgements on him yet, no?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Vitor is not a bust!! Hooray!!!

He needs to lift some weights but he reminds me of Vlade Divac, right down to his posture! Made that 3! Now if he mskes a no look pass or some other sweet dish I will be totally giddy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

that was pressey's first freakin game ever.  he looked alright, i think it is a little premature to make any longterm judgements on him yet, no?

Pressey played 28 minutes and had 13 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 0 turnovers.

He is the best point guard we've got right now.

Sections
Shortcuts