Some thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Some thoughts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What were you watching, chris?

There is no doubt Marshon Brooks is very good on offense.

But did you see how bad he was on defense?

Brooks will not get a lot of minutes because of his poor defense.

Right.  So far, Brooks has not been impressive....at all.

Brooks had 8 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound, and 2 blocks in 19 minutes and was a +8.

Brooks is better than Lee.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to gman101019's comment:

Are you guys kidding me that pressey is a better pg than bradley? Not even close,  I understand u saying as a pg, as in hes a better ball handler and may have better vision, but at the end of the day they are still playing basketball, reguardless of position, so overall its not even close, and thats y ab is the starter. I wouldnt be surpised if crawford  is bu pg over pressey. In either case like i said once rondo is back pressey wont play a minute and after this year wont even be in the leauge.

What are you saying?? pressey is a better ball handler and has better vision than Bradley...therefore Bradley is the better PG??

As a PG, Bradley should be playing HS ball.. maybe theyre tying to develop him there or maybe they realize playing AB at PG means we're a sure lottery team.. pick your poison

As a pg, as a pg. So y is bradley going to be starting at PG then?

For a guy who is our best point guard he wont even beat out ab or jordan crawford at pg. (both of whom are natural sg's who are playing out of position).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrylfries. Show darrylfries's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to gman101019's comment:

Are you guys kidding me that pressey is a better pg than bradley? Not even close,  I understand u saying as a pg, as in hes a better ball handler and may have better vision, but at the end of the day they are still playing basketball, reguardless of position, so overall its not even close, and thats y ab is the starter. I wouldnt be surpised if crawford  is bu pg over pressey. In either case like i said once rondo is back pressey wont play a minute and after this year wont even be in the leauge.

What are you saying?? pressey is a better ball handler and has better vision than Bradley...therefore Bradley is the better PG??

As a PG, Bradley should be playing HS ball.. maybe theyre tying to develop him there or maybe they realize playing AB at PG means we're a sure lottery team.. pick your poison

Your exactly right either way.    Bradley is not and probably never will be a point guard and I'm sure Ainge knows that.

I would rather see Pressey getting minutes at the point looks like he's got  potential to be a decent backup for the next few years. Bradley shows little progress after the so called working on his point guard skills in the off season.

Personally I believe theres a chance he might be traded .

Bradley looks like a good second team player who can amp up the defence an score a few points not a starting point guard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

In response to myurkus' comment:

that was pressey's first freakin game ever.  he looked alright, i think it is a little premature to make any longterm judgements on him yet, no?

Pressey played 28 minutes and had 13 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 0 turnovers.

He is the best point guard we've got right now.

It is going to be interesting how Stevens handles things, is it going to be traditional and business as usual ala Doc where there would be no way in hell that Pressey is getting any playing time this year.  The more you see, the more it is clear that Bradley should not be playing PG.  Not good for him (Bradley) and not good for the team and the development of the rest of the players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrylfries. Show darrylfries's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to myurkus' comment:

that was pressey's first freakin game ever.  he looked alright, i think it is a little premature to make any longterm judgements on him yet, no?

Pressey played 28 minutes and had 13 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals and 0 turnovers.

He is the best point guard we've got right now.

It is going to be interesting how Stevens handles things, is it going to be traditional and business as usual ala Doc where there would be no way in hell that Pressey is getting any playing time this year.  The more you see, the more it is clear that Bradley should not be playing PG.  Not good for him (Bradley) and not good for the team and the development of the rest of the players.

Your right not good for Bradley.

His value would rise a lot if he could play the point.

I'm sure Ainge with only Pressey as the other option will give him plenty of time.

Best long term for the team. Let him play maybe some team will show some real interest in him.

My plan would be to offer him and the Knicks pick next year for a higher draft choice. We need to move that Knicks pick up and get two of the top 10 players in the draft next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Pressey is already better than Bradley.

And Brooks is already better than Lee.

And Babb made more three pointers in one game than Bass did all last year.

And Sullinger is not a center.

Faverani and Humphries should be our centers.

You make these grand proclamations after 2 preseason games?!?  And you are wrong on all comparisons:

Pressey may be more skilled than Bradley at playing the point (maybe), but Bradley's position is SG and Bradley is a FAR better "player" than Pressey.

Brooks may be a more accurate shooter than Lee, but he can't play defense at all. Terrible.  Lee is a much better all around player.

Babb is a SG.  Bass is a PF. Bass doesn't shoot threes.  This is an irrelevant comparison.

Of course Sullinger is not a center. He never was a center.   

Fav and Hump ARE our centers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Brooks had 8 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound, and 2 blocks in 19 minutes and was a +8.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.  You clearly didn't watch the game if you came away impressed by Brooks.  He looked like a rookie out there.  We'll be better off when Bradley can move back to his normal position - SG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.  You clearly didn't watch the game if you came away impressed by Brooks.  He looked like a rookie out there.  We'll be better off when Bradley can move back to his normal position - SG.

Bradley is not that good. The league has figured him out.

If Stevens starts the "veterans" Bradley, Lee, and Bass we may have the first pick in the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Pressey and Brooks are better than Bradley and Lee"

based on your tiny preseason sample size? C'mon man.

"Lee & Green play with no sense of urgency and this is not coming from preseason only. I think it is a fact at this point...ship them out."

LOL. You may want to join a basketball fantasy league as Green is not going anywhere. Ainge wants to see what he has in Green and I can fully understand that. i'm not a Jeff Green guy but he has had some solid games. Lee, well, you can understand why he isn't thrilled with the youth moment - that's not why he came here. 

But you're not going to get a bag of chips for Lee right now, so he's staying also. 

Enjoy it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Pressey and Brooks are better than Bradley and Lee"

based on your tiny preseason sample size? C'mon man.

"Lee & Green play with no sense of urgency and this is not coming from preseason only. I think it is a fact at this point...ship them out."

LOL. You may want to join a basketball fantasy league as Green is not going anywhere. Ainge wants to see what he has in Green and I can fully understand that. i'm not a Jeff Green guy but he has had some solid games. Lee, well, you can understand why he isn't thrilled with the youth moment - that's not why he came here. 

But you're not going to get a bag of chips for Lee right now, so he's staying also. 

Enjoy it.

Same sample size?

Bradley has been here for years, and Lee was here all last year.

Yes, Pressey and Brooks or Babb are better than Bradley and Lee.

Lee just socks, and Bradley has regressed.

Sections
Shortcuts