Some will Not be Walking Through that Door

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door

In Response to Some will Not be Walking Through that Door:
    http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Talking-Points-Cs-104-Blazers-86?blockID=666874&feedID=3352 And while players talked about the importance of chemistry and how difficult it can be to achieve, Rivers told Ainge to not worry about chemistry concerns if he can upgrade the roster, talent-wise. "I'm not concerned with it, as far as on the floor," Rivers said. "Whoever we bring in, would have had one less practice than probably all of us, really. I told him (Ainge), 'if you think you can get a better talent this year, then the chemistry thing, is off.' Just go out … and that's dangerous to tell Danny."
    Posted by Fiercest34

yea I read the webpage earlier today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Talking-Points-Cs-104-Blazers-86?blockID=666874&feedID=3352 And while players talked about the importance of chemistry and how difficult it can be to achieve, Rivers told Ainge to not worry about chemistry concerns if he can upgrade the roster, talent-wise. "I'm not concerned with it, as far as on the floor," Rivers said. "Whoever we bring in, would have had one less practice than probably all of us, really. I told him (Ainge), 'if you think you can get a better talent this year, then the chemistry thing, is off.' Just go out … and that's dangerous to tell Danny."
    Posted by Fiercest34

I don't expect any of the starters to be traded, but I suppose that anything is possible.  I heard someone say that Danny may try to improve the bench and they didn't expect any of the starters to be traded.  Not sure who of the current bench players would be traded and if we would really be getting a better player in return.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

What about the walking dead JO?Is danny going to do something about this guy?he is done. he should retire!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door:
    What about the walking dead JO?Is danny going to do something about this guy?he is done. he should retire!
    Posted by datruthpp34

Agree with you about Jermaine.  If we had someone else at the beginning of the season instead of him, we would have been a much better team and would have won more games.  If Danny can somehow include him in a trade package for another center that would be great. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

if DA can pull JO for kaman that would be so sweet!but opcorse the NOH is not that stupid, how can danny get rid of this guy?
    I like pietrus as a starter for defensive porpose but his Bball IQ is way too poor thats why i think RA is going to stay as a starter if he doesn't get traded.
    PP is our leader, when he goes C's will win games but (notice this) when PP is playing bad it's like 60% we gunna end up losing game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

if DA can pull JO for kaman that would be so sweet!but opcorse the NOH is not that stupid, how can danny get rid of this guy? I like pietrus as a starter for defensive porpose but his Bball IQ is way too poor thats why i think RA is going to stay as a starter if he doesn't get traded. PP is our leader, when he goes C's will win games but (notice this) when PP is playing bad it's like 60% we gunna end up losing game.
    Posted by datruthpp34

In the end if we don't get new personnel Ray starting or Pietrus starting will mean little.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We may have to wait until next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Posted by Fiercest34

DA would rather win right now than start fresh next year..so..I think the guy is hunting..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope he is.  But it just seems the deals are not happening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door":
    I hope he is.  But it just seems the deals are not happening. Posted by concord27
    They will come... Everything is held up waiting on the Howard trade domino to fall

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to "Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door": They will come... Everything is held up waiting on the Howard trade domino to fall
    Posted by Accension13

Concerning any trades at all, it does seem like there's a logjam.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

if DA can pull JO for kaman that would be so sweet!but opcorse the NOH is not that stupid, how can danny get rid of this guy? I like pietrus as a starter for defensive porpose but his Bball IQ is way too poor thats why i think RA is going to stay as a starter if he doesn't get traded. PP is our leader, when he goes C's will win games but (notice this) when PP is playing bad it's like 60% we gunna end up losing game. Posted by datruthpp34
    Good post and good logic. Some folks love Pietrus but he is not better than Ray - he is just a more athletic defender. Your point on Pierce is spot on, which is why we need an inside scoring big man who can score inside to take the pressure off Pierce.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : Concerning any trades at all, it does seem like there's a logjam. Posted by breaktime
    Most teams who would make a big move like us , LA, Nets, Dallas do not want to blow their cap room nor use their assets for anything until they know they are out of the Howard sweepstakes. Thus the logjam.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Larry Bird won't even give Hansbrough and a 1st rounder for Ray. Pacers president Larry Bird recently told ESPN Boston that Ainge wanted Tyler Hansbrough and a first-round pick for Allen. "That tells me he's in no hurry to trade him," Bird said. http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/john_schuhmann/03/10/future-for-celtics/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1 Posted by Fiercest34
    I don't blame Bird. I wouldn't do that deal, either. Goes to show Danny sees Ray as more valuable to us than others see Ray as valuable to them! Makes sense to me. As for what he's good at.......it's shooting and on this team, that's valuable. Do you think we've lost games this season due to lack of defense (in which case you trade Ray for a defender) or due to lack of offense (in which case you certainly don't put a lesser shooter like Pietrus on the floor). I'd love to have both like Wade but we ain't going to get that so we have what we have! With Rondo and often JON and Wilcox on the floor, we need points. All of our big losses have been due to lack of rebounds, too many turnovers (of which Ray averages LESS than 2 per game), and lack of points. That means I don't put oft injured Pietrus in for Ray. I would however, trade Ray for a top notch big man, but that's all.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : Ray can't even be turned into Hansbrough. You want a top notch big man? Sacrifice Ray and Rondo for Pau Gasol and Mo Williams. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Good dream.  Everyone on this board, in the press, and coaching staffs have told you that LA is NOT going to trade Gasol for either Ray nor Rondo.  Why do you continue to engage in a fantasy.

Why am I talking to you.....that's a better question.   YOu have only one thing to say and I'm tired of talking about your desire to trade Rondo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

For the record, I'm not saying we just trade away. If we can only get a Hansbrough for Ray then might as well keep Ray. I don't even want Beasley for Ray. It's worth giving up Ray and Rondo if we can get a big man like Pau Gasol or Josh Smith.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Ray and Rondo for Josh Smith.....another deal I would not do.   I realize you don't like him, but Rondo is worth more than 1/2 of a Josh Smith (Ray being the other half).   That 2 for 1 is out of balance and I wouldn't do it.   I'm betting Danny wouldn't do it, either.  Now Ray and JON for Josh Smith or JON and a 1st round draft pick for Josh Smith makes more sense (and yes, I realize those salaries don't balance).  Just my opinion.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I like this kind of deal, that gives us young, big bodies, and a repalcement for Rondo... Mchale hopefully has some input....

Sections
Shortcuts