Some will Not be Walking Through that Door

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door

How about the Bulls?  Hamilton is injured and Ray is a perfect fit for their title run.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ainge's absurd JON and Shaq fantasies drawing to a close. Many have criticized our starters but aside from Bass, a great move on Danny's part, our bench is nothing for him or anyone else to brag about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" YOu have only one thing to say and I'm tired of talking about your desire to trade Rondo. "

Too bad as Fierce used to be one of the best contributors on here before he got stuck on the trade Rondo one note troll campaign. In particular the Pao for Rondo thing is crazy, LA would never do that trade. A few folks did get confused because Kobe said once he'd love to play for Rondo but they forgot Kobe isn't the GM. Hopefully after the trade deadline the old Fierce will come back as he was great for this board except for the occasional crazy skirmishes with Mployee....

There's no way Mo Williams is a better player than Ray Allen even at that stage to Fierce has lost me there also. If Allen is traded we better get someone better than Mo, who couldn't even close the deal in Cleveland when he was playing with the best player in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door:
    [QUOTE]" YOu have only one thing to say and I'm tired of talking about your desire to trade Rondo. " Too bad as Fierce used to be one of the best contributors on here before he got stuck on the trade Rondo one note troll campaign. In particular the Pao for Rondo thing is crazy, LA would never do that trade. A few folks did get confused because Kobe said once he'd love to play for Rondo but they forgot Kobe isn't the GM. Hopefully after the trade deadline the old Fierce will come back as he was great for this board except for the occasional crazy skirmishes with Mployee.... There's no way Mo Williams is a better player than Ray Allen even at that stage to Fierce has lost me there also. If Allen is traded we better get someone better than Mo, who couldn't even close the deal in Cleveland when he was playing with the best player in the league.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Larry Legend won't even give up Tyler Hansbrough and a 1st rounder for Ray Allen.Embarassed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : Why are you not understading what I'm saying? Rondo for Josh Smith or Pau Gasol. Then to compensate for Rondo's loss we trade Ray for Mo Williams. Is that so hard to understand?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You're always hard to understand.   If you think first of all that you can get Mo for Ray, you're nuts.  Mo and Ray are essentially the same player and both the C's and the Clippers like their two shooting guards.  

Just because you concock a deal YOU like doesn't mean it makes sense to a real GM.  Is that so hard to understand?   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]How about the Bulls?  Hamilton is injured and Ray is a perfect fit for their title run.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Who can you get off the Bulls that will make you a championship contender?  I'd trade Ray in a minute for a top big man but no one's going to give up a top big man for a shooting guard.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Fierce, if you were the Pacers GM, would you give up Hansbrough and a #1 for 36 year old Ray Allen?  Rondo is the only player on the team, that the Pacers would do that trade for, and i'm not to sure about that!! You put way more value on our players then GM's of other teams do. That's probably why Danny hasn't made a trade yet. His asking price is to high!!

I think and i hope Danny thinks, That if we do make some moves, those moves bring us back younger players, such as Beasley or Mcgee. The longer we hold on to the big 3 the longer it's going to take us to become a great team again, and i know you want us to be great, not good!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : Ray's value in the playoffs is more than just Hansbrough and a 1st rounder. If the Pacers are serious about winning in the playoffs then they need Ray. I saw the 4th qtr of the Heat-Pacers game last night. The Pacers had multiple opportunities to close out the game. But because of bad decision making and the lack of a closer, the Pacers choked! Ray has no value to non-playoff teams. But playoff teams like the Clips and Pacers are in desperate need of a guy like Ray.

Maybe the Clippers, but not the Pacers, Larry's already turned that trade down, and i don't blame him! I'm not saying Ray wouldn't help the pacers,but at this point i don't think LB would trade Hansbrough straight up for Ray, much less throw in a #1!!  He may give us a #1 for Ray straight up through!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : Mo is not a SG. So the Globe is nuts for concocting that deal?

Mo is a shooting guard.  What do you call a guy who shoots 3 pointers all game long but doesn't handle the ball because Lebron handles it or because Chris Paul handles it?   Hmmmm.....shooting guard!

Yes, the Globe is spreading yet another rumor that won't get done.  Why in the world, as they note, do they want to unload Ray for a back up shooting guard.  Like so many deals that have been "rumored", nothing has happened.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : The Pacers' pick would most likely be a mid-20s pick. Not enough value for Ray.  I think Ray is worth a mid-1st rounder.

I think he is too, but the question is, do GM's of the other teams think he is!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]   Fierce, if you were the Pacers GM, would you give up Hansbrough and a #1 for 36 year old Ray Allen?  Rondo is the only player on the team, that the Pacers would do that trade for, and i'm not to sure about that!! You put way more value on our players then GM's of other teams do. That's probably why Danny hasn't made a trade yet. His asking price is to high!!  I think and i hope Danny thinks, That if we do make some moves, those moves bring us back younger players, such as Beasley or Mcgee. The longer we hold on to the big 3 the longer it's going to take us to become a great team again, and i know you want us to be great, not good!!
    Posted by KyCelt2[/QUOTE]

I understand the constant desire to trade the Big 3 and think that because we are younger, that will make us a great team again.  But, I don't agree that it will.

You can't replace Allen, Pierce or Garnett with Beasley or McGhee and think that makes us great again or even gets us close.  Danny knows that.  The value those players bring is if they get to play WITH the Big 3 or at least with Rondo, Paul, and Garnett.   Take a team of Rondo, Beasley or Josh Smith, McGhee and Pierce and take off a Garnett and a Ray and you don't have the kind of pressure experience to win a championship, anyway.   Danny knows that and said it earlier this season.  Winning at the top level requires a top level talent, not a team of second tier players.  

So, despite his bravado about he won't make the same mistake as Red, Danny knows that UNLESS HE CAN MAKE A MOVE FOR A BIG STAR, he will ride out the season, get the cap room gets from Ray, JON, Shaq, and KG contracts along with the draft picks and try to get a star in the off season.  

The only mid-season deal you'll see Danny do is one that gets a true complement to the Big 3 (Big 4), not one that completely blows them up.  He'll blow it up in the offseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door :  I think he is too, but the question is, do GM's of the other teams think he is!!

Probably not because to give up a mid first rounder for a guy who is only going to play with you for 3 months and go away is foolish.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : I understand the constant desire to trade the Big 3 and think that because we are younger, that will make us a great team again.  But, I don't agree that it will. You can't replace Allen, Pierce or Garnett with Beasley or McGhee and think that makes us great again or even gets us close.  Danny knows that.  The value those players bring is if they get to play WITH the Big 3 or at least with Rondo, Paul, and Garnett.   Take a team of Rondo, Beasley or Josh Smith, McGhee and Pierce and take off a Garnett and a Ray and you don't have the kind of pressure experience to win a championship, anyway.   Danny knows that and said it earlier this season.  Winning at the top level requires a top level talent, not a team of second tier players.   So, despite his bravado about he won't make the same mistake as Red, Danny knows that UNLESS HE CAN MAKE A MOVE FOR A BIG STAR, he will ride out the season, get the cap room gets from Ray, JON, Shaq, and KG contracts along with the draft picks and try to get a star in the off season.   The only mid-season deal you'll see Danny do is one that gets a true complement to the Big 3 (Big 4), not one that completely blows them up.  He'll blow it up in the offseason.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Rondo, Beasley, Mcgee, Smith or whoever we get, is not going to win a ring this year, or next year, but they or someone like them would be pieces to build on, along with our 2 1st round picks and our cap space, may allow Danny to get a star in the off season. Add Green to that list, say we draft Rivers and get lucky with a big in the draft, Keep Bradley, Bass  and Wilcox, bring back Pierce and Kg, and we're right back in the hunt!!  To me that's better than waiting another 20 years!!

Rondo, Rivers, Pierce, Kg, and Mcgee, would not be a bad starting line up. If Pierce or Kg starts to slow down, we have Green and Beasley ready to take their place. We haven't even talked about the "star" Danny may sign, or the rest of our bench yet either!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door :  I think he is too, but the question is, do GM's of the other teams think he is!!

Of course they do! The Bulls would give there 10-20 pick in a heartbeat for Ray, but...they don't have pick in that region. Teams which are not in a win now mode, don't need Ray (or Pierce or KG). That is the problem. Only Rondo has value to a team which is in rebuilding mode cause he is fairly young.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door :  Rondo, Beasley, Mcgee, Smith or whoever we get, is not going to win a ring this year, or next year, but they or someone like them would be pieces to build on, along with our 2 1st round picks and our cap space, may allow Danny to get a star in the off season. Add Green to that list, say we draft Rivers and get lucky with a big in the draft, Keep Bradley, Bass  and Wilcox, bring back Pierce and Kg, and we're right back in the hunt!!  To me that's better than waiting another 20 years!!  Rondo, Rivers, Pierce, Kg, and Mcgee, would not be a bad starting line up. If Pierce or Kg starts to slow down, we have Green and Beasley ready to take their place. We haven't even talked about the "star" Danny may sign, or the rest of our bench yet either!!

i wish people would stop with the "draft austin rivers." we are not going to draft him. Doc, Danny, Austin, nor the rest of the Celtics players do NOT want that situation.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some will Not be Walking Through that Door : i wish people would stop with the "draft austin rivers." we are not going to draft him. Doc, Danny, Austin, nor the rest of the Celtics players do NOT want that situation.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree. That will be a nightmare for Austin (everything he does is because his Dad let him), a nightmare for Doc (the only reason you don't pull your kid is because you're giving him room you wouldn't give others), and for Danny (you only drafted him instead of someone else to do Doc a favor).   The scrutiny would be amazing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

yeah, no way in hades we draft rivers and keep doc. trying to make them coexist would be a recipe for disaster. all parties involved are much too smart for that.

Sections
Shortcuts