Someone I'd love to see in green next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Someone I'd love to see in green next year

I'm watching the vandy-wisconsin game right now and vanderbilt has a great center in Festus Ezeli. He fits what this team needs going into the future. He's 6-11 and is really athletic for a big man and his defense on the pick and roll is great. This is also his senior year and we all know Danny loves taking 4 year players on draft night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year

Projected high second round!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Exactly, in most mocks i see him late first-early second round. Maybe danny can trade our earliest first rounders for an early 2nd and a future 1st

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Wow the more i watch this guy the more impressed im becoming. He is carrying vandy on his back this game and protecting the rim

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

I would like to see us grab an actual seven footer thats solid, im tired of these under weighed 6'11 guys who we have to hope can put on weight and fast. I believe we have the 18th, 20th, and 42nd picks...I wouldnt trade the 18 pick to move back into the second round in the draft and get a future first round pick. Maybe trade the 18 and 20th, to get the 14th or 15th pick to a team who may not need and early pick and would rather have two first round picks than one

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year:
    I would like to see us grab an actual seven footer thats solid, im tired of these under weighed 6'11 guys who we have to hope can put on weight and fast. I believe we have the 18th, 20th, and 42nd picks...I wouldnt trade the 18 pick to move back into the second round in the draft and get a future first round pick. Maybe trade the 18 and 20th, to get the 14th or 15th pick to a team who may not need and early pick and would rather have two first round picks than one
    Posted by stackgtr

I agree with you but name some 7footers who are like that ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In Response to Someone I'd love to see in green next year:
    Ezeli was slowed early in the season for an NCAA violation and a sprained knee missed like 10 games but has been getting better as the season went by and knee got healthier. What I like about him is his NBA body and mobility, I know he is currently slotted late first-early second however I think he will be moving up the draft board into 16-20 range as pre-draft camps and combines take place somewhat like Vucevic last year. He still has room for further development even though he is a senior. Definitely a big body to watch as draft approaches, I like him alot as I've watched about 6 Vandy games this year. Also he played pretty well against Kentucky and Anthony Davis late in the year. 
    Posted by Greenmuse

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : I agree with you but name some 7footers who are like that ?
    Posted by CASox

What about Tyler Zeller. Here is a little info on him

Tyler Zeller
    Ht/Wt: 7-0 / 250 lbs
    Position: C
    Team: North Carolina
    Class: Senior

2012 Draft Profile - Tyler Zeller

Tyler Zeller is going to come into the NBA after a successful 4yr career at UNC which followed an even more successful high school career in basketball country Indiana. At 7ft 250lbs you don’t find many prospects with his size that have the passion and feel for for the game that Tyler has. He has been an admirable replacement of the legendary namesake that he replaced Tyler Hansborough. Like Hansbourough, Tyler competes hard at both ends of the court, but is slightly more adept on offense. He has a nice set of hands and is strong around the hoop as a rebounder and scorer on put backs. He competes hard, he is good at getting position and has a nice touch, if he is taken further away from the hoop he has moves to still get a good look or pass to a teammate. He also has a decent touch from medium range and is a good FT shooter for his position and has stayed consistent from the line for 4yrs which can be a struggle for big men. He carries his weight well, he is not at all awkward and he doesn’t try to do too much. Zeller is relentless on both ends, although he doesn’t have huge rebounding and blocks numbers he is a formidable presence who doesn’t shy away from doing the dirty work. Tyler is a great teammate who works hard and cares most about the “W”.

He's not an allstar player but he seems pretty solid. If he is there at the 20th pick I'd take him. In the right system he could become a very good reliable center.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : What about Tyler Zeller. Here is a little info on him Tyler Zeller Ht/Wt: 7-0 / 250 lbs Position: C Team: North Carolina Class: Senior 2012 Draft Profile - Tyler Zeller Tyler Zeller is going to come into the NBA after a successful 4yr career at UNC which followed an even more successful high school career in basketball country Indiana. At 7ft 250lbs you don’t find many prospects with his size that have the passion and feel for for the game that Tyler has. He has been an admirable replacement of the legendary namesake that he replaced Tyler Hansborough. Like Hansbourough, Tyler competes hard at both ends of the court, but is slightly more adept on offense. He has a nice set of hands and is strong around the hoop as a rebounder and scorer on put backs. He competes hard, he is good at getting position and has a nice touch, if he is taken further away from the hoop he has moves to still get a good look or pass to a teammate. He also has a decent touch from medium range and is a good FT shooter for his position and has stayed consistent from the line for 4yrs which can be a struggle for big men. He carries his weight well, he is not at all awkward and he doesn’t try to do too much. Zeller is relentless on both ends, although he doesn’t have huge rebounding and blocks numbers he is a formidable presence who doesn’t shy away from doing the dirty work. Tyler is a great teammate who works hard and cares most about the “W”. He's not an allstar player but he seems pretty solid. If he is there at the 20th pick I'd take him. In the right system he could become a very good reliable center.
    Posted by stackgtr

I like tyler a lot but I like his brother, Cody, better on indiana. Cody is 3 years younger and he will likely enter the draft next year and next year we will likely have a lottery pick so we will have a chance to get him. There are a lot of good big men in next years draft: nerlens noel, andre drummond if he stays another year, steven adams, alex len, isiah austin, etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Both Zellers are coming out as is 7-1 Meyers Leonard out of Illinois. I don't know where the pick will be, but these guys all look to be solid potential. You can't teach size, and with Danny not pulling the trigger on a trade for ANYTHING for the future, you might as well build around Rondo and a big man...just add athletes later. The brothers seem most polished, but Leonard has some scary unrealized ability. He moves really well for his size, and when he's feeling confidant he can really turn it up. On the flip side, there's times where he just looked lost out there in the couple of games I saw, while there were others where he WAS the team for like, 5 straight minutes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

How about Fab Melo???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Someone I'd love to see in green next year:
    I'm watching the vandy-wisconsin game right now and vanderbilt has a great center in Festus Ezeli. He fits what this team needs going into the future. He's 6-11 and is really athletic for a big man and his defense on the pick and roll is great. This is also his senior year and we all know Danny loves taking 4 year players on draft night.
    Posted by SoxCsBruins

Exactly let's get him.... playrs that play 4 years very simply means they cannot play... Danny loves to draft 4 years players because that is all that is left when he is drafting... Danny would love to be drafting 1 year players.... that means they were ready to play in the NBA but had to meet the minimum requirements of being out of high school.....  Danny has never drafted an all-star and most of the players Danny has drafted are bit players on other teams or not even in the league for that matter.....

On a lighter note from a dirtly old man perspective....  someone I'd love to see in green next year..... Rihanna

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by stackgtr

Actual 7 footers are long gone before 32nd in the draft... not sure if you watch any NBA games or anything like that but if BIGS can play, they are gone by 10th in the draft........feel free to watch some NBA games, it may help you with evaluating actual talent.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : Actual 7 footers are long gone before 32nd in the draft... not sure if you watch any NBA games or anything like that but if BIGS can play, they are gone by 10th in the draft........feel free to watch some NBA games, it may help you with evaluating actual talent.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Your sarcasm is old and tired - D'Andre Jordan was a second round pick!!  What say the Great Dudder to that!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : What about Tyler Zeller. Here is a little info on him Tyler Zeller Ht/Wt: 7-0 / 250 lbs Position: C Team: North Carolina Class: Senior 2012 Draft Profile - Tyler Zeller Tyler Zeller is going to come into the NBA after a successful 4yr career at UNC which followed an even more successful high school career in basketball country Indiana. At 7ft 250lbs you don’t find many prospects with his size that have the passion and feel for for the game that Tyler has. He has been an admirable replacement of the legendary namesake that he replaced Tyler Hansborough. Like Hansbourough, Tyler competes hard at both ends of the court, but is slightly more adept on offense. He has a nice set of hands and is strong around the hoop as a rebounder and scorer on put backs. He competes hard, he is good at getting position and has a nice touch, if he is taken further away from the hoop he has moves to still get a good look or pass to a teammate. He also has a decent touch from medium range and is a good FT shooter for his position and has stayed consistent from the line for 4yrs which can be a struggle for big men. He carries his weight well, he is not at all awkward and he doesn’t try to do too much. Zeller is relentless on both ends, although he doesn’t have huge rebounding and blocks numbers he is a formidable presence who doesn’t shy away from doing the dirty work. Tyler is a great teammate who works hard and cares most about the “W”. He's not an allstar player but he seems pretty solid. If he is there at the 20th pick I'd take him. In the right system he could become a very good reliable center.
    Posted by stackgtr

Well he has the height but the poster said bulk with it and that he does not have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : I like tyler a lot but I like his brother, Cody, better on indiana. Cody is 3 years younger and he will likely enter the draft next year and next year we will likely have a lottery pick so we will have a chance to get him. There are a lot of good big men in next years draft: nerlens noel, andre drummond if he stays another year, steven adams, alex len, isiah austin, etc.
    Posted by SoxCsBruins

With you on this one. I like Cody better too..... bigger upside to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Both Zellers are coming out as is 7-1 Meyers Leonard out of Illinois. I don't know where the pick will be, but these guys all look to be solid potential. You can't teach size, and with Danny not pulling the trigger on a trade for ANYTHING for the future, you might as well build around Rondo and a big man...just add athletes later. The brothers seem most polished, but Leonard has some scary unrealized ability. He moves really well for his size, and when he's feeling confidant he can really turn it up. On the flip side, there's times where he just looked lost out there in the couple of games I saw, while there were others where he WAS the team for like, 5 straight minutes.
    Posted by jgallag1

Ive seen Leonard quite a bit and not sure I like his game.  Seems soft to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : With you on this one. I like Cody better too..... bigger upside to me.
    Posted by CASox

He is not listed on Mock Draft - where does it say he is coming out this year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : Your sarcasm is old and tired - D'Andre Jordan was a second round pick!!  What say the Great Dudder to that!!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

That he is about the 20th rated center in the league.......   reputation is not the same as performance..... great athlete but most of the time is out of place and still learning how to play the game.......  but of course you knew that.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : That he is about the 20th rated center in the league.......   reputation is not the same as performance..... great athlete but most of the time is out of place and still learning how to play the game.......  but of course you knew that.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Just admit you were wrong and I'll leave you alone!!!

Very simple!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : Just admit you were wrong and I'll leave you alone!!! Very simple!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

AdmitI am wrong... not going to happen......  I still want to see Rihanna in green.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : Actual 7 footers are long gone before 32nd in the draft... not sure if you watch any NBA games or anything like that but if BIGS can play, they are gone by 10th in the draft........feel free to watch some NBA games, it may help you with evaluating actual talent.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Bynum - 10th
    Hibbert - 17th
    Jordan - 2nd round
    McGee - 18th
    Perkins - 27th
    Jefferson - 15th
    Brook Lopez - 10th
    Robin Lopez - 15th

Are you SURE all good big men are GONE by 10th - that means BEFORE 10, by the way!!!!!

I'll say it for you - YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Someone I'd love to see in green next year : Bynum - 10th Hibbert - 17th Jordan - 2nd round McGee - 18th Perkins - 27th Jefferson - 15th Brook Lopez - 10th Robin Lopez - 15th Are you SURE all good big men are GONE by 10th - that means BEFORE 10, by the way!!!!! I'll say it for you - YOU ARE WRONG!!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I would conceive of being wrong if you could consider any of those players being actual centers.... the only one that is an actual center is BYNUM... and he was 10th... the rest are not legit centers..........  they are a group of guys that happen to be part of the dearth of centers that happen to be considered good as a result of there being a dearth of centers......  so thank you for playing.......  yes all GOOD big men are gone by the end of the lottery.......  but that is ok, there are very loose definitions.... for example, Perkins is not even the best center on his team but you deem him a good center being drafted 27th........ Ibaka is a much better player and is a better center than Perkins... but keep scratching your  head and while you are in the neighborhood scratch your ba ll z./....... and then stop hitting snooze... the alarm has gone off and you have completely missed the boat......  not my problem that you have not only no ability to assess the center situation but the ability to assess what is an actual good center when you list Perk, and pretty much any other of the players that you mentioned..... LMFAO

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

OMG  - I'm dealing with an idiot - PERKINS is not a center - What is he a PG?
    How about DeAndre Jordan?  Is Blake the Center on that team

You are ignorant, and a jerk, who cannot make a comment without insulting people.  If you want to go 15 rounds with me on this board, go for it!!

Sections
Shortcuts