Something BIG is in the Air!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Something BIG is in the Air!!

Either Rondo and/or Garnett and/or Pierce will be moved!  I'm good as long as we get a quality young Big who can rebound and a PG who can shoot and play D, in the deal. (highly unlikely both Pierce and Garnett will be traded, however).  

IF Rondo is traded, and as a reminder to Fierce, I expect a public apology and acknowledgement of my superior team analysis and needs as agreed. and of course if I'm wrong, I'll do the same. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Something BIG is in the Air!!

Don't worry dunker, the fact that the team has played so much better w/o Rondo has already vindicated those who said the team should entertain moving him prior to the ACL injury. Currenty it is just going to be VERY hard to move him for proper value b/c of it, so our %'s are low and you don't owe anyone an apology when it doesn't happen.

All those except pud of course. His blind shameful hatred of the man for 5-6 years now has been one of the more pathetic black scars on this forum. He was proved factually and statistically wrong by RR and the fans on this blog for years, but is too much of a skid mark of a human being to every admit it. Thank goodness the ignore button is back.

Only those who were on Rondo b/c of the teams slow start and his pound the ball into the ground look to pad his assist stats with 8 seconds left on the clock style of play this past fall are vindicated:-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/15/world/europe/russia-meteor-shower/index.htmlmaybe it was this in the air..it's big....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

True. the injury, subsequent to my Rondo trade bet by the 21st, has definitely affected our ability to move him and should probably negate the deal...I'm just excited that Rondo's name is even circulating in trade rumors, because, I have never thought as highly about Rondo as others on this board either and am greatly looking forward moving him out asap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

True. the injury, subsequent to my Rondo trade bet by the 21st, has definitely affected our ability to move him and should probably negate the deal...I'm just excited that Rondo's name is even circulating in trade rumors, because, I have never thought as highly about Rondo as others on this board either and am greatly looking forward moving him out asap.

Rondo's absence has proven that he only made his teammates worse when he was on the court. Yes, he has the ability to take over a game, in the rare instance that he feels like it, i.e. last year's play-offs. Otherwise, he is almost like a manic-depressive with his mood swings and his inconsistant intensity. Our eyes do not deceive us. We truly are a better perfomring team without him. And now, with the injury, one can't be sure he will return to full mental or physical health as basketball is absolutely the hardest sport to keep up one's abilities after 
    recovery from a torn ACL, especially for a GUMBY like he is with all of the contorted body moves and acrobatic style that he employs on the court. D. Rose isn't ready still, and he may never be D-Rose the way we remembered him, again. Rondo in a trade is like a gift for us!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Either Rondo and/or Garnett and/or Pierce will be moved!  I'm good as long as we get a quality young Big who can rebound and a PG who can shoot and play D, in the deal. (highly unlikely both Pierce and Garnett will be traded, however).  

IF Rondo is traded, and as a reminder to Fierce, I expect a public apology and acknowledgement of my superior team analysis and needs as agreed. and of course if I'm wrong, I'll do the same. 

I don't remember fierce betting you. I remember him weanying out on you... so sure that a trade would not go down but fearful to bet, even with nothing to lose.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is smoke in the air and little else. Don't get your hopes up unless they trade Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

There is smoke in the air and little else. Don't get your hopes up unless they trade Rondo.

oh boy.  is that to say you really believe rondo is WORTH 25 million over the next two seasons following this one?  to me, it's not IF we trade him, it's WHEN.  he has to be traded.  he is rod strickland style cancer, only worse.  back when strickland graced the game with his frowning frame, teams didn't put up with his crap for long.

what we are looking at here with rondo is a coddled entity.  ainge/rivers should have done what tubby smith did when rondo went stinko mentally or from the free throw line.  sit him down.  bench him.  i can only remember rondo being benched ONCE in his career and it was a second year game against toronto when CALDERON was torching the pants off of rondo- if you can just imagine that happening- it has quite often.

rondo did not want to play defense and looked sad.  after calderon had starched us for about 18 points on nearly perfect shooting, rondo was finally pulled.  only for a couple o minutes.  it's a shame the wrinkles in his personality and mind were not worked out at the appropriate age.  he could have been an all time great.  instead he is now an all time great sized head case

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Either Rondo and/or Garnett and/or Pierce will be moved! "

umm no. small move only. Boston is in cap jail territory already....your air balloon is made out of hype and is falling quickly. 

you seem to be one of those peeps who latches onto rumors that circulate that have little or no credibility. What I can telll you is that Ainge feels more strongly about keeping Rondo now than he did two years ago when he was actively looking to trade him due to attitude concerns. 

I'm not sure what you mean about how you have always had a lesser view of Rondo than many on this board. Rondo hating is a common indulgence by many on this board. Bashing Rondo with anti-Rondo group think is a very common hobby here. And yes, there are a handful of lovers. Few are willing to assess him fairly. 

The truth is that next year, especially if KG retires, Ainge may have no choice but to trade Rondo for a big because Rondo will be our only good trade chip and Lee/Bradley have looked good as a pair on D, though neither is a true point. But you should understand that Wes (owner) love Rondo and Rondo is now box office and he will not be traded without a lot of soul searching. Also, outside of the Rondo hate bubble the management of the team recalls not only his struggles this season (which no one can argue with) but also his role in a championship, an NBA finals appearance, and a seven game series with the Heat last year where he was the best player on the floor in at least two of the games. 

But yeah, I think you may end up getting your wish next year, it depends a bit on how other bigs develop, if KG retires, etc, if they can bring back Barbosa, etc....I would not expect anything to happen till Rondo is back and playing healthy again though. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I believe rr and kg will be moved.

Far fetched is adding pp to the mix, but I am all over kg for bledso and jordan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS's comment:

lol not going to happen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

Remember, only a tiny percentage of rumors have a connection to eventual reality.  With that in mind we can continue the fun game of what we would do if we were GM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

No.  Nothing is going to happen - maybe a very small, insignificant move, but that's it.  We've decided to go to the grave with Garnett and Pierce and we'll lose two tradeable assets for nothing.  Enjoy your second round (at the very, very best) and out playoff exit - maybe even first round and out.  Well, Celtics fans it looks like you're going to get what you want - to see KG and PP retire in green.  Hope you all enjoy the 10 years of oblivion that follow.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"FYI, pud, Eldunker and I didn't make a bet. We just agreed that who ends up being wrong just make a thread about it."

fierce---->being here 24/7 you mentioned gazillion of trade possilities -- terry/barbosa for... lee/terry/bass for..... barbosa/bass for..... melo/lee for.... pierce for..... garnett for.....sully for..Rondo for............on and on in different ingredients and flavors. You had a bunch of shotgun predictions - one of them will hit but hundreds will miss...you see the picture? do you see the garbage?

fungus busted!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

FYI, pud, Eldunker and I didn't make a bet. We just agreed that who ends up being wrong just make a thread about it.

Just.... just.... just my azz!!!!

No bet. No agreement. No nothing. Not for lack of trying by dunk though.

fierce=disappearing act=weanie

Pud

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

how can i forget it when you just posted a tasteless "la shooting" thread - similar to your despicable tsunami comments?

oh, by the way---remember your stupid nba salary matching - your hundreds of combination salary matching trades? the one that works and the one that will not work?      this time of the year, ---does not mean a zhyte! BUSTED!

your threads are no even a prediction but a cluster bomb! hit or miss ---oh do you get a free day at president's day too?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Disappearing act?

Didn't CHE just say that I'm here 24/7?

Indeed 24/7.... 24/8  during leap year.

No doubt you had dunker on IGNORE by that time.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Danny does not have a lot of available chips. KG has a NO TRADE CLAUSE, so he can't be traded, unless he want to be. Capeche! So what might Danny be up to with these and other limitations he faces(no cap flexibility, injuries, etc.). Let's look at the evidence; which is he tried to trade Rondo for Howard (when Rondo was healthy); that suggests he'd like to move Rondo but now that he's injured he would likely be traded at a substantial discount since the buyer doesn't exactly know what he's getting healthwise. The other evidence coming in is the KG trade to the Clippers (vetoed by KG) so that's moot, and the JSmoove deal for Green and NoPass (Bass). I don't like the JSmoove deal since Smoove is a perrenial underachiever and Green's defense is starting to shine; Green is getting that infection called being a Celtic; a month ago I wanted to see him moved but he is changing for the better. I think Danny would like to move Rondo and say Bass for Big Al, but the Clippers appear to have trumped that with Bledsoe for Millsap (bad trade for Clippers long term). So there you have it; maybe SMoove comes for Green (and Bass's smidt contract), but other than that a big deal seems unlikely. Maybe the Clips find help at the 4 somewhere else and Danny can move Rondo/Bass for BigAl because that's the tried I'd like to see for a run at #18.