Something BIG is in the Air!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Something BIG is in the Air!!

In response to futbal's comment:

Danny does not have a lot of available chips. KG has a NO TRADE CLAUSE, so he can't be traded, unless he want to be. Capeche! So what might Danny be up to with these and other limitations he faces(no cap flexibility, injuries, etc.). Let's look at the evidence; which is he tried to trade Rondo for Howard (when Rondo was healthy); that suggests he'd like to move Rondo but now that he's injured he would likely be traded at a substantial discount since the buyer doesn't exactly know what he's getting healthwise. The other evidence coming in is the KG trade to the Clippers (vetoed by KG) so that's moot, and the JSmoove deal for Green and NoPass (Bass). I don't like the JSmoove deal since Smoove is a perrenial underachiever and Green's defense is starting to shine; Green is getting that infection called being a Celtic; a month ago I wanted to see him moved but he is changing for the better. I think Danny would like to move Rondo and say Bass for Big Al, but the Clippers appear to have trumped that with Bledsoe for Millsap (bad trade for Clippers long term). So there you have it; maybe SMoove comes for Green (and Bass's smidt contract), but other than that a big deal seems unlikely. Maybe the Clips find help at the 4 somewhere else and Danny can move Rondo/Bass for BigAl because that's the tried I'd like to see for a run at #18.

Bumping my post...suggest every other poster do the same when something thoughtfall you wrote gets stuck behind this two bit fighting that the same poster seems to be having all the time with whoever will take the bait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

No.  Nothing is going to happen - maybe a very small, insignificant move, but that's it.  We've decided to go to the grave with Garnett and Pierce and we'll lose two tradeable assets for nothing.  Enjoy your second round (at the very, very best) and out playoff exit - maybe even first round and out.  Well, Celtics fans it looks like you're going to get what you want - to see KG and PP retire in green.  Hope you all enjoy the 10 years of oblivion that follow.

I'm a Celtics fan....probably longer than you.  I really don't want to live through the 1988-2007 years again.

Enjoy losing Dqight for nothing and oh on being a lottery team without a draft pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

No.  Nothing is going to happen - maybe a very small, insignificant move, but that's it.  We've decided to go to the grave with Garnett and Pierce and we'll lose two tradeable assets for nothing.  Enjoy your second round (at the very, very best) and out playoff exit - maybe even first round and out.  Well, Celtics fans it looks like you're going to get what you want - to see KG and PP retire in green.  Hope you all enjoy the 10 years of oblivion that follow.

Enjoy losing Dqight for nothing and oh on being a lottery team without a draft pick.

I'm a Celtics fan....probably longer than you.  I really don't want to live through the 1988-2007 years again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I have to say that your analysis is right on.  If they make this small move for Terrence Williams and thats it, the Cs go nowhere.  Unless they get a real impact player (which seems doubtful for many reasons) again, this team goes nowhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I have to say that your analysis is right on.  If they make this small move for Terrence Williams and thats it, the Cs go nowhere.  Unless they get a real impact player (which seems doubtful for many reasons) again, this team goes nowhere.

A bigger move may jeopardize a long term outlook though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

and now we know what the "big thing" is.......Terrence Williams!!

add Kenyon Martin too, now ainge...you can't use the excuse that you're not looking for headcases anymore after this news.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston1988. Show LegendofBoston1988's posts

If I remember correctly those years couldve have been golden for us before losing both Reggie Lewis, and Len Bias. Dwight needs to stay away from Boston. He is a cancer and can't play with anyone but himself. I would much rather have big Al back, thank a cry baby like Dwight. If Ainge was smart, he would move Bass, Terry, and Collins, for a big. That way they have atleast a decent chance of making the playoffs and possibly getting out of the 1st round. We do not have a championship team as is. T williams should be a decent sign for a little more stability in our backcourt. 1 big man will make a world of difference right now. Get it done Danny !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

and now we know what the "big thing" is.......Terrence Williams!!

add Kenyon Martin too, now ainge...you can't use the excuse that you're not looking for headcases anymore after this news.

I actually would be okay with this for this year. That would add the big we need,in my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Terrance Williams ?

What about Delonte West ?

I think there's a certain perfectness to KG ending up with the Clippers , he would probably put them in the Finals....but the Celtics have to get more than Bledsoe and Jordan , the Clips would have to take Brandon Bass's salary and whatever other pieces to make it fit - but the Celtics would have to get Caron Butler , Bledsoe and Jordan is not enough

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Either Rondo and/or Garnett and/or Pierce will be moved!  I'm good as long as we get a quality young Big who can rebound and a PG who can shoot and play D, in the deal. (highly unlikely both Pierce and Garnett will be traded, however).  

IF Rondo is traded, and as a reminder to Fierce, I expect a public apology and acknowledgement of my superior team analysis and needs as agreed. and of course if I'm wrong, I'll do the same. 

Rondo didn't get traded. What now?

Hmmmmm.... is dunker going to do to fierce what fierce did to Jamez?

I certainly would not criticize him if he did.

Somebody surely needs to.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Fierce, you may have a case of selective memory, not unlike my OCD wife.

I proclaimed that Rondo would be traded PRIOR to his injury.  I went on record to revise my trade prediction, that it would NOT BE probable due to his injury.  (although it did appear that Danny tried to trade Rondo for Howard even considering his injury).

So you won't get any thread, appology or retraction from me no matter how loud you whine.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Regret is in the air if you are the Clips! Losing by 17 at home to SA, who likely did not prepare for this game, like they will prepare for a playoff series! 

D. Jordan 2-pts and 1-reb! T. Duncan is getting some much needed rest! 

As KG would say " it is what it is" 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Fierce calling someone  else a fraud???

How utterly d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Don't worry dunker, the fact that the team has played so much better w/o Rondo has already vindicated those who said the team should entertain moving him prior to the ACL injury. Currenty it is just going to be VERY hard to move him for proper value b/c of it, so our %'s are low and you don't owe anyone an apology when it doesn't happen.

All those except pud of course. His blind shameful hatred of the man for 5-6 years now has been one of the more pathetic black scars on this forum. He was proved factually and statistically wrong by RR and the fans on this blog for years, but is too much of a skid mark of a human being to every admit it. Thank goodness the ignore button is back.

Only those who were on Rondo b/c of the teams slow start and his pound the ball into the ground look to pad his assist stats with 8 seconds left on the clock style of play this past fall are vindicated:-)

If they had something big in the air they would be getting more rebounds. They have to fix that problem or the losses will keep racking up.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Spurs look amazing. if only the balls bounced the Celtics way the day the Spurs drafted Duncan. instead we got Chauncey whom Pitino let go the next year i think and ron mercer. thanks Rick!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

Spurs look amazing. if only the balls bounced the Celtics way the day the Spurs drafted Duncan. instead we got Chauncey whom Pitino let go the next year i think and ron mercer. thanks Rick!

20/20 anyone....?