Sorry -- but I don't share Tommy's love for JON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Sorry -- but I don't share Tommy's love for JON

He`s not jacking up 3s at a 25% success rate. That alone is an improvement over Sheed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to Re: Sorry -- but I don't share Tommy's love for JON:
    He`s not jacking up 3s at a 25% success rate. That alone is an improvement over Sheed
    Posted by jrleftfoot

True.  However, I expected him to be a bit more effective than he is right now.  It is definitely nice not to see Sheed's dreadful shot selection.  But it's almost as bad to watch JON miss easy 4 ft shots and make stupid fouls.  I'll just chaulk it up to court rust from the injury and hope he comes into form by after the all star break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I think it's a fair question to ask what the alternatives were at the time. "

OK, the alternatives to JON for a big man were: 

1. You. 
    2. Mikki Moore. 
    3. Bill Russell. (who was rather exceptionally good in his day but has slowed a bit)

So we went with JON. Seems a fair gambit to me. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In light of JON once again going down with a bum knee, I shall bump this to the top. Many have asked what would have been a better alternative than signing JON for 2 years?? Almost ANY big hustling backup center with a proven track record of staying healthy! I'm sorry, but the only player I can ever remember coming back from perpetual injury problems would be Bill Walton, and he had that one intangible JON lacks: HEART!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

they'll probably scope his knee and try to rehab him in 4-6 weeks.  he has a 2 year contract and a chance to win an NBA title.  he does not have one yet.  you really don't think he's going to do everything possible to try to realize that?  he hasn't show too much this season, but I think he'll end up a folk legend if he does come back for the end of the season and the Celtics win banner 18. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Sorry -- but I don't share Tommy's love for JON:
    ..I just don't get the love affair. I see JON as being out of shpe, slow, and lacking emotion. Tommy is always raving about the "contributions" from Oneil. Will somebody please explain exactly how he is contributing more than a 10th -12th man off the bench?
    Posted by jhol

Let me premise my comments by saying that if there is a situation where you shared Tommy's opinion about anything you have almost no credibility in my book.......

Tommy's general contributions include one a very few things.......

"that was a really bad call"

"what happened, I didn't see it, I was blocked out"

"run, run, run" - hey Tommy, there is a 3 point line now - that means on average there are 6 people hovering around the arc and that means 3 defenders get back and that means running has become a very small part of the game....

but that leads me to Tommys' greatest contribution....

"when I was a player blah, blah, blah".....

Tommy go home and enjoy what time you have left and leave the game to people that actually can assess what is happening today......

How is it that anyone can lend any credibility to anyone who upon seeing every replay ignores what actually happens and has to pop a valium..... Tommy, Tommy, Tommy the video only seems to lie to you.....  the rest of us see what actually happens so.....

who cares if Tommy loves JON - he had the biggest w ood in history for Orien Greene, Delonte West, Marcus Banks, and most of all "I love Waltah"......  go home Tommy.... everyone has their day - your's was a long long long time ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Sorry -- but I don't share Tommy's love for JON:
    In Response to Sorry -- but I don't share Tommy's love for JON : Let me premise my comments by saying that if there is a situation where you shared Tommy's opinion about anything you have almost no credibility in my book....... Tommy's general contributions include one a very few things....... "that was a really bad call" "what happened, I didn't see it, I was blocked out" "run, run, run" - hey Tommy, there is a 3 point line now - that means on average there are 6 people hovering around the arc and that means 3 defenders get back and that means running has become a very small part of the game.... but that leads me to Tommys' greatest contribution.... "when I was a player blah, blah, blah"..... Tommy go home and enjoy what time you have left and leave the game to people that actually can assess what is happening today...... How is it that anyone can lend any credibility to anyone who upon seeing every replay ignores what actually happens and has to pop a valium..... Tommy, Tommy, Tommy the video only seems to lie to you.....  the rest of us see what actually happens so..... who cares if Tommy loves JON - he had the biggest w ood in history for Orien Greene, Delonte West, Marcus Banks, and most of all "I love Waltah"......  go home Tommy.... everyone has their day - your's was a long long long time ago.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

and you are right behind him.  You time was a long long long time ago also. Please go enjoy what time you have. FYI there are a lot of other teams announcers that are as big or bigger homers than TH.  Quinn B from Indiana for one. Tommy is not much different than any of the others.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. I Love Tommy. I love that he's a homer. I simply stated that I didn't agree with his love affair for JON. About his color commentary: I DVR'd Friday's Bobcat game and by nistake selected the Bobcats station. You want to talk about misery! Tommy makes the games interesting and humorous with his rants. I all but fell asleep listening to those turds.

Sections
Shortcuts