Sorting Through The Trade Rumors!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Sorting Through The Trade Rumors!

The bottom line is who are the Cs going to add (without trading any of the big 3) that will take them deep into the playoffs or win a title? Milsap maybe but I dont think we have the pieces to get him and other teams can probably offer more..... So if you cant get an impact player that gives the Cs a real shot at a title than what is the point in keeping this team together and not trying to look to the future.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

The bottom line is who are the Cs going to add (without trading any of the big 3) that will take them deep into the playoffs or win a title? Milsap maybe but I dont think we have the pieces to get him and other teams can probably offer more..... So if you cant get an impact player that gives the Cs a real shot at a title than what is the point in keeping this team together and not trying to look to the future.  

I could not agree more! You have a mind for business! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

+1

I don't understand why people do not think this is a championship caliber team. The current team is now fully understanding and embracing their roles to be a very good team, demonstrated by recent quality wins. So many people reference eras of mediocre or bad Celtic teams when FA didn't exist when making the case to blow it up for the future. It doesn't require as much effort to rebuild a quality team as it use to, particularly for big market teams. Stick with this team and don't underestimate Doc's ability as a coach and the amount of time it would take to transition new players with significant roles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to user_3952186's comment:

+1

I don't understand why people do not think this is a championship caliber team. The current team is now fully understanding and embracing their roles to be a very good team, demonstrated by recent quality wins. So many people reference eras of mediocre or bad Celtic teams when FA didn't exist when making the case to blow it up for the future. It doesn't require as much effort to rebuild a quality team as it use to, particularly for big market teams. Stick with this team and don't underestimate Doc's ability as a coach and the amount of time it would take to transition new players with significant roles.

Healthy this team had a shot! Unfortunately multiple injuries have taken that opportunity away! 

If you are Miami or NY in a 7-game series with the C's, all you have to do is bring Bosh and or  Amare in to the game when KG goes to the bench! 

BB can not defend big athletic PFs who like to score in the paint! 

How do you over come that glaring deficiency? 

Now, if DA can pull off a miracle and trade RR for a piece and or pieces, then maybe the C's have a chance. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We will sign a couple of guys to the minimum....that's it.

Agree. Danny may be masterful in the offseason (including this past year) but he's still gun shy when making in-season deals after the Perk trade blew up in his face.

But what bothers me more is that I think he's starting to belive his own b.s. for justifying not doing a major deal when he says during the broadcast the other day that he owes it to two HOF's in PP and KG to get some bodies.  

His logic is way off and probably why we're going to be a middle of the road team for the next several years because at this stage in their career they should be complimentary pieces not the foundation to build another championship run around!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

We will sign a couple of guys to the minimum....that's it.

Agree. Danny may be masterful in the offseason (including this past year) but he's still gun shy when making in-season deals after the Perk trade blew up in his face.

But what bothers me more is that I think he's starting to belive his own b.s. for justifying not doing a major deal when he says during the broadcast the other day that he owes it to two HOF's in PP and KG to get some bodies.  

His logic is way off and probably why we're going to be a middle of the road team for the next several years because at this stage in their career they should be complimentary pieces not the foundation to build another championship run around!

+ 1 the C's made the same mistake with the last big 3! Watching Bird's skills and athletic abilities decline was painful, to say the least! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

+1

So your saying this Celtics team is a championship caliber team? So this current Celtics team can go into the playoffs and possibly beat the Pacers/Knicks/Heat on the road and then beat the Thunder or the Spurs on the road in the finals? Wow. I hope your right on that one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hopefully Danny is artfully cutting through all the bull and approaching some of these teams with who have delayed hoping for better offers.  I bet no big trades as who would gamble for Josh Smith and Dwight with no guarantees of signing them.  Danny is hopefully going to reel in Dalembert, Gortat, Milsap. or Ilyasova.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Hopefully Danny is artfully cutting through all the bull and approaching some of these teams with who have delayed hoping for better offers.  I bet no big trades as who would gamble for Josh Smith and Dwight with no guarantees of signing them.  Danny is hopefully going to reel in Dalembert, Gortat, Milsap. or Ilyasova.  

Any one of those 4 guys would fill the gaping hole on the Cs front line. The question is, what will it take to get them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

+1

Healthy this team had a shot! Unfortunately multiple injuries have taken that opportunity away! 

If you are Miami or NY in a 7-game series with the C's, all you have to do is bring Bosh and or  Amare in to the game when KG goes to the bench! 

BB can not defend big athletic PFs who like to score in the paint! 

How do you over come that glaring deficiency? 

Now, if DA can pull off a miracle and trade RR for a piece and or pieces, then maybe the C's have a chance. 

========================================

I agree with you that once KG goes out, other teams' PFs dominate !!!

Consider trading RR for even an average PG but get a Center like Cousins or Gortat. Get JJ Redick too & maybe give up Bass, Sully and a draft pick & keep KG & PP. Otherwise I recommend the following with KG and PP.

I am a Celtic fan since the Cousy-Sharman days so really enjoyed our dominance in the Bird-Parish-McHale days.

Ok, first of all..the NBA is a business. But I agree that loyalty to a team is vital to maintain esprit de corps. KG says he bleeds "Green". Please keep in mind that he is not a home grown player like Larry Bird,12 years, and PP too with 15 years all with the "C"s. KG's best years, because he was younger were the 10 or so with Minn but he never won a title. He's only had 5 years with us but did get a ring.

Here's what we owe KG and PP. Ask them if they wouldn't mind being traded to the Clippers as they'll be able to continue to play together, continue to bash the hated Lakers and these 2 allstars could get another ring together(better chance with Clippers & R. Paul &Blake Griffin I think) and possibly retire together in their local community. I reiterate, ask them !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

We need to start Green at the 2 and call up Downs to back up Pierce.

i agree with Kirk. we don't ned to over react here. we have a good core. a couple of moves at league minimum and go from there. we will get more leverage if we wait till summer to make larger scale deals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

+1

So your saying this Celtics team is a championship caliber team? So this current Celtics team can go into the playoffs and possibly beat the Pacers/Knicks/Heat on the road and then beat the Thunder or the Spurs on the road in the finals? Wow. I hope your right on that one.

I think they have just as much of a chance with this roster as they would if they made a trade - perhaps better. This team is playing outstanding simple, team, defense first basketball and that is what wins championships. This team benefits in the playoffs with the extended schedule and rest in between games. That's why they only need a couple of minor, minutes eating additions to get them to the playoffs. I like their experience and the coaching staff over many teams in the playoffs. This may not be a sexy team, but this is a very good basketball team that fits the system they have in place right now. Why would KG be so adamant on his no trade clause? You think he thinks they don't have a chance?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

i agree with Kirk. we don't ned to over react here. we have a good core. a couple of moves at league minimum and go from there. we will get more leverage if we wait till summer to make larger scale deals.

Question, in a seven game series against the Heat or the Knicks, who defends Bosh and or Amare, when KG goes to the bench? 

The C's have a deficiency that a d-league player can not help them over come! BB can not defend skilled PFs!

For the Knicks and or the Heat, it is game, set, and series! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

Question, in a seven game series against the Heat or the Knicks, who defends Bosh and or Amare, when KG goes to the bench? 

The C's have a deficiency that a d-league player can not help them over come! BB can not defend skilled PFs!

Championships are won as a team, not by individual matchups. Bosh or Amare will not beat the C's singlehandedly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Championships are won as a team, not by individual matchups. Bosh or Amare will not beat the C's singlehandedly.

Good coaching is a key ingredient in the recipe for winning championships! Identifying and exploiting mis-matches is a component of good coaching! 

Bass is exploited almost every game! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

Good coaching is a key ingredient in the recipe for winning championships! Identifying and exploiting mis-matches is a component of good coaching! 

So, Doc is not a good enough coach to combat these? I agree that Bass is not a good matchup but this team is 8-1 based , to some extent, on Doc's coaching prowess. Give the man some credit. He understands where he has disadvantages and advantages.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

So, Doc is not a good enough coach to combat these? I agree that Bass is not a good matchup but this team is 8-1 based , to some extent, on Doc's coaching prowess. Give the man some credit. He understands where he has disadvantages and advantages.

A coach is as good as his personnel! Unfortunately Doc has lost 3-key players in the past 4-weeks! 

Really can't blame the coach or GM for that! 

A seven game series is allot different from a coaching / mismatches perspective! It is much harder to mask weaknesses in a lengthy series! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Here's my trade rumor Boston sends Melo and Barbosas contract and a 2nd to Orlando for Vucevic and DeQuan Jones.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Here's my trade rumor Boston sends Melo and Barbosas contract and a 2nd to Orlando for Vucevic and DeQuan Jones.

Vucevic based on what I have seen would never come that cheap.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com late Saturday that there is a level of mutual interest between the Clippers and Utah Jazz in exploring a deal that would feature Bledsoe as the headliner in a trade package for Jazz forward Paul MillsapESPN.com

Rumors tagsLOS ANGELES CLIPPERSUTAH JAZZTRADEERIC BLEDSOEPAUL MILLSAP  |  SHARE  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Wilcox, Bass, and Collins....18 hard fouls.

Bosh and Amare are both decent free throw shooters!

It is a play (post up Bass) either team could run with a high degree of certainty they would score! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The Celtics are a 7 seed in the East and they only have 12 homes games left versues 18 on the road for the rest of the season. 

They are not a championship contender and they don't have the pieces to make a major trade.

The only thing they could do would be to trade Rondo for 50 cents on the dollar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

The Celtics are a 7 seed in the East and they only have 12 homes games left versues 18 on the road for the rest of the season. 

They are not a championship contender and they don't have the pieces to make a major trade.

The only thing they could do would be to trade Rondo for 50 cents on the dollar.

I agree with ya. I dont understand how people are saying we are championship caliber. I don't know maybe they're seeing something I'm not but all I've seen is an injury plagued 7th seed. Which is why i think they should seriously look at trading Pierce and KG. Hopefully I'm wrong, I just don't get what people see in this team that could possibly give us a chance against the Heat.

Sections
Shortcuts