Sorting Through The Trade Rumors!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Sorting Through The Trade Rumors!

This rumor will not go away:

The Clippers are pushing hard for Kevin Garnett, and although Garnett ultimately has veto power in any deal, Chris Paul may wield nearly as much power in the negotiations.

Trade rumors continue to swirl around Kevin Garnett and the Boston Celtics, with the Los Angeles Clippers being the primary suitor for the big man. And although Garnett ultimately has the right to veto any deal due to his no-trade clause, there's another man who has nearly as much power in these negotiations: Chris Paul.

As Jeff Clark over at CelticsBlog notes, Paul has leverage with the Clippers thanks to his impending free agent situation. So at the moment, what Paul wants, Paul gets, or at least the Clippers try to get it for him. Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski essentially said as much in his latest column:

"If Chris wants Vinny [Del Negro], he'll be the coach," one source tied to the Clippers and Paul said. "If Chris wants [Kevin Garnett], they'll push harder for it."

Paul has nothing but respect for Garnett and admits that he looked up to the veteran for a long time. That certainly sounds like a guy who would not mind if his team went out and tried to acquire said veteran big man. Whether Paul will pressure the Clippers to do so is another thing, but the point is, he could.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Celtics on verge of signing a guard to 10-day contract? Chuck - Red's Army February 18, 2013 Celtics News, Rumors No Comments 

The Herald's Mark Murphy offers this update on the Celtics need for a guard:

The Celtics are reportedly on the verge of signing a guard to a 10-day contract a hedge in case a more desirable player is available in another two weeks though management was still sifting through possibilities.

Shelvin Mack, the Maine Red Claws point guard, remained with his team on its road trip. Jannero Pargo, the 32-year-old whose second 10-day contract with the Atlanta Hawks expired last week, also hadn't been contacted.

Both guards are smallish, and a bad fit if either was asked to play next to Jason TerryLeandro Barbosa, among other things, gave the Celtics some good backcourt size.

The team will conduct an afternoon practice today in Denver in preparation for tomorrow night's game against the Nuggets.

I'm unsure what report Murphy refers to in his article.

As for the Clippers alleged interest in Kevin Garnett, NBA.com's Scott Howard Cooper says:

Despite the speculation, latest is that the Clips do not have anything going on the trade front. Certainly nothing major of the KG variety.

Stay tuned...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Chris Mannix on D&C: Kevin Garnett to the Clippers has legs 
    Click here to download
      Mon, 18 Feb 2013 |

Chris Mannix, SI.com, says the trade rumor sending Kevin Garnett to the Clippers in exchange for Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan has weight. Chris also doesn't expect the Rajon Rondo-Dwight Howard trade talks to develop into anything more than just rumors.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Chris Mannix on D&C: Kevin Garnett to the Clippers has legs 
    Click here to download
      Mon, 18 Feb 2013 |

Chris Mannix, SI.com, says the trade rumor sending Kevin Garnett to the Clippers in exchange for Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan has weight. Chris also doesn't expect the Rajon Rondo-Dwight Howard trade talks to develop into anything more than just rumors.

If Ainge goes that route then he better make sure the Celts get something for Paul Pierce.

I agree Fierce! Mannix does make some great points, as to why this deal would be good for both the C's and Clips! He is definately a legit news source!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I agree Fierce! Mannix does make some great points, as to why this deal would be good for both the C's and Clips! He is definately a legit news source!

Maybe it's true that the Celts and Clips are discussing a KG deal, but will Ainge pull the trigger?

That's the question!

A tell tale sign of whether or not this trade takes place, will be KG's particpation, or lack there-of, in the Cs practice later today, in Denver!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Latest On Josh Smith February 17 at 10:07am CST By Chuck Myron

10:07am: The Suns aren't among the teams making a play for Smith, as Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News writes at the end of his league-wide roundup. They, like other teams, are wary of giving Smith a max deal in the summer, according to Lawrence.

9:00am: The Bucks, Nets, Celtics, 76ers and Wizards are among the many involved in talks for Hawks forward Josh Smith, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Other teams are engaged as well, and there's a strong belief that Smith will be on the move before Thursday's trade deadline, according to Wojnarowski. Smith will be an unrestricted free agent at season's end, and he believes he's deserving of a maximum-salary contract. It appears as though the Hawks are unwilling to meet that demand, and that has apparently sparked interest in a deal.

The Nets were reportedly making a strong push for Smith as recently as a week ago, but it's clear they have competition. The Hawks seem to be in a position of strength, with multiple teams going after a player who's likely the best player on the trading block as the deadline approaches. Atlanta, with less than $18.5MM in firm commitments for next season, looks like it's set up to have the cap room to add a pair of maximum-salary players this summer. Dwight Howard is an Atlanta native, so the Hawks could be a viable option if he elects not to re-sign with the Lakers. When I examined Smith's trade candidacy a couple of weeks ago, I predicted Hawks GM Danny Ferry would hold on to Smith in hopes that he might want to recruit Howard, the best man in his wedding, back to Georgia. Even if that doesn't happen, and Smith signs elsewhere, the Hawks would at least have a ton of cap room to play with.

Marc Stein of ESPN.com reported a week ago that the Hawks are looking for "a quality young center" in return for Smith. That's an asset the Celtics don't possess, and I'm not sure either the Nets or Hawks would have interest in including Brook Lopez in a Smith deal. Larry Sanders of the Bucks, Kevin Seraphin of the Wizards and Spencer Hawes of the Sixers are young centers who've shown promise, but perhaps not enough to entice Ferry and the Hawks.

Smith is making $13.2MM in the final season of his deal, which includes a 15% trade kicker. Since he signed his contract under the old CBA, the team that acquires him in a trade must pay the extra money. If Smith is traded at Thursday's deadline, the kicker would amount to approximately $1.3MM, or 15% of the prorated amount remaining on his salary this season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am guessing Blog-Blop will choke on his morning muffin when he reads this! To funny!!

Phoenix Suns reserve center Jermaine O'Neal is having one of his best seasons in years, and would definitely be of value to a team trying to make a playoff push, One such team is the Los Angeles Lakers, but Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic says it's highly unlikely that the Suns would trade O'Neal to the Lakers.

Quite simply, the Suns cannot afford to help the Lakers in any way, because they own the Lakers' first-round draft pick this season thanks to the Steve Nash sign-and-trade deal. That pick is currently unprotected, so if Los Angeles misses the playoffs, Phoenix would add a second lottery pick to the one they will already have themselves. For a team that's in serious need of a rebuild, having those two lottery picks is huge.

Thanks Mitch!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Would Kevin Garnett put the Clippers over the top?

By Tom Ziller on Feb 18, 10:00a 1

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports

The Hook looks at a potential Kevin Garnett trade to the Clippers in terms of what would be gained and lost for L.A. Plus, the All-Star Game's best line and more.

The tick tock will determine whether Kevin Garnett gets traded to the L.A. Clippers by Thursday's NBA trade deadline. It'll take the Clippers' braintrust convincing Danny Ainge to pursue such a deal, and it'll take someone -- Ainge, Chris Paul, Vinny Del Negro, Blake Griffin, a Google Map readout showing the distance between Staples Center and Malibu -- to convince KG to waive his no-trade clause.

But what determines whether such a trade would be worth it for the Clippers depends on how much the Ticket can improve L.A. within the next couple of years.

Right now, the Clippers are No. 3 in the West. They trail San Antonio by four games and the Thunder by 1.5 games. A path to the Finals would almost certainly go through Oklahoma City at some point, and also possibly through S.A. To beat either team will require not just the strong offense we've come to expect from Chris Paul's teams, but really good defense. OKC and S.A. are No. 1 and No. 5 in offense in the NBA, respectively. Any defense would be tested when facing that. In particular, the Thunder have the best offense since the 2009-10 Suns. It's a powerful beast led by the most aggressive creator in the league (Russell Westbrook) and the purest scorer of his generation (Kevin Durant). Even great defense have real trouble slowing the Thunder. And many would hesitate to call L.A.'s defense great. That's where K.G. comes in.

But note that the Clips' defense has actually been really good these season. It ranks No. 7 in the league, barely lagging the team's No. 6 offense. According to NBA.com/stats, L.A.'s defense has been particularly good after a day of rest, giving up 98.1 points per 100 possessions as opposed to 105 on the second game of a back-to-back. There will be no back-to-backs in the playoffs. As it the case with most teams, the bench's defense has better numbers than do the starters -- a lot of that likely has to do with the competition.

Jordan, the center that Garnett would replace, is known as a defender, but has struggled since signing a massive contract before the 2011-12 season. This year, the Clippers' defense is seven points per 100 possessions better when DAJ is on the bench. The number is similar for fellow starter Blake Griffin, but Blake offers something other than defense when on the court: elite offense. If Jordan isn't helping the defense when on the court, he's not doing much.

Meanwhile in Boston, the Celtics are nine points per 100 possessions better on defense when KG is in the game. The Boston defense is night and day: beyond elite with KG, worse than average without him. And he plays enough to have made it the top defense in the league. But the proposed trade isn't just Jordan for KJ: Eric Bledsoe would go back to the Celtics, too. And Bledsoe has had a positive defensive impact on the Clips, though that could be the bench role talking. The popular wisdom is that if Chauncey Billups is productive, Bledsoe is less important this season. But after only 100-odd minutes, it's not remotely clear that Billups is going to be able to play a major role. That's a dice roll for the Clippers. If they shoot craps, we're going to see more Jamal Crawford handling the ball or Willie Green in action than most folks want.

I don't know whether Garnett can help the Clippers stop the Thunder, because I don't know if the Thunder can be stopped by anyone. But it's clear that if Billups can play well enough to keep Green's minutes limited and Crawford's focus on playing off the ball, Garnett would represent a massive improvement for L.A.'s defense and likely also its offense. If the goal is to gun for the top right now, few realistic trades would be more helpful than this one

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Gary Washburn: NBA source tells Globe the #celtics are strongly considering signing former New Jersey Net swingman Terrence Williams to 10-day contract Twitter @GwashNBAGlobe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Terrence Williams - Guard-Forward

2012-13 Preseason Statistics

PPG 2.5
    RPG 4.00
    APG 3.5
    EFF + 5.00

Born: Jun 28, 1987 Height: 6-6 / 1.98 Weight: 220 lbs. / 99.8 kg. Prior to NBA / Country:
    Louisville / USA Years Pro: 3

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

T. Williams:

This would be a very good pickup if it goes through. The former Net has career averages of 11.1 points and 4.4 rebounds. The 6'6'' Williams has the ability to play the shooting guard and the small forward positions, similar to our Courtney Lee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

T. Williams:

This would be a very good pickup if it goes through. The former Net has career averages of 11.1 points and 4.4 rebounds. The 6'6'' Williams has the ability to play the shooting guard and the small forward positions, similar to our Courtney Lee.

Check out his points per game for his career on Wikipedia it is nowhere near 11 points. Really how excited can we get about this type of move.  My sense is after four seasons he is like Von Wafer although Von Wafer stats were better.  What do I know? We need a big man, that's what I know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

T. Williams:

Check out his points per game for his career on Wikipedia it is nowhere near 11 points. Really how excited can we get about this type of move.  My sense is after four seasons he is like Von Wafer although Von Wafer stats were better.  What do I know? We need a big man, that's what I know.

I agree! The kid will fill the role of practice player and someone for Melo to talk to, at the end of Cs bench!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

T. Williams:

I just checked TWill as he is called has averaged 7.6 points a game.  He has played a grand total of 51 games in three years. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Gary Washburn: NBA source adds Williams to #celtics is nearly done. He is waiting for clearance letter from Chinese team and headed to Denver to join team Twitter @GwashNBAGlobe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Maybe it's true that the Celts and Clips are discussing a KG deal, but will Ainge pull the trigger?

That's the question!

I threw this out there - and it's WAY out there, I admit.  Suppose we pull the trigger on KG for Bledsoe and Jordan.  Next up is Pierce............who needs a small forward for a playoff push?  Who is looking to trim salary (always), wants to stay competitve AND has floated this name out there"

WAY out there....................Pierce to Utah, Jefferson to POR, Aldridge to BOS.  We would have to sweeten the pot with a pick or two..............go ahead....rip away!!!  POR is entertaining offers for LA........could they do better than Big Al????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

That's the question!

I threw this out there - and it's WAY out there, I admit.  Suppose we pull the trigger on KG for Bledsoe and Jordan.  Next up is Pierce............who needs a small forward for a playoff push?  Who is looking to trim salary (always), wants to stay competitve AND has floated this name out there"

WAY out there....................Pierce to Utah, Jefferson to POR, Aldridge to BOS.  We would have to sweeten the pot with a pick or two..............go ahead....rip away!!!  POR is entertaining offers for LA........could they do better than Big Al????

Interesting proposal! DA has to answer the question, can the Cs as presently constructed compete for an NBA championship?

I certainly think the current players would give it EVERYTHING they have! I do not think they have enough to beat the Heat and or Knicks in a 7-game series.

If RR was healthy, I would say ROLL C's ROLL, but injuries have really hurt this teams chances in the playoffs this season!

DA is between a rock and a "no-trade-clause" His actions or inaction over the next few days will contribute to the definiation of his legacy as GM, with this team!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Most of the aforementioned posts are about trading KG & PP.

Is trading Rondo no longer a possibilty and I know he's injured so would be considered an asset next season sort of like Carl Crawford going to the Dodgers while he recovered from sugery.

Ya know...getting rid of Rondo we stop the KG & PP trade rumors and let them retire in Green. We are 8-1 wittout Rondo & we are doing it without winning rebound battles but by playing great defense. Vs. the Bulls last week we got outrebounded 49-39 so they had 10 extra chances but we made them commit 22 turnovers which are extra chances for us(don't know how many we had) but we had to be + as both teams shot 37%.

I think DW and then KG together in the paint and he is the best PF with great accuracy 5-15 feet out would be a great duo like Bynum & Gasol were.

I am not in love with Jordan as a Center as not a Cousins or Gortat even so I too like Rondo for Dwight Howard. He isn't playing well as in Orlando and has been injured but I feel it is because he's not happy in LA LA land and not too many enjoy playing with egomaniac Kobe. If we can be assured of a long term commitment from DH, I'd do it. Nice to get JJ Redick too somehow !!! We get Sully back, a PF but strong rebounder, keep Wicox too a good rebounder and have time to see if Melo develops.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Most of the aforementioned posts are about trading KG & PP.

Is trading Rondo no longer a possibilty and I know he's injured so would be considered an asset next season sort of like Carl Crawford going to the Dodgers while he recovered from sugery.

Ya know...getting rid of Rondo we stop the KG & PP trade rumors and let them retire in Green. We are 8-1 wittout Rondo & we are doing it without winning rebound battles but by playing great defense. Vs. the Bulls last week we got outrebounded 49-39 so they had 10 extra chances but we made them commit 22 turnovers which are extra chances for us(don't know how many we had) but we had to be + as both teams shot 37%.

I think DW and then KG together in the paint and he is the best PF with great accuracy 5-15 feet out would be a great duo like Bynum & Gasol were.

I am not in love with Jordan as a Center as not a Cousins or Gortat even so I too like Rondo for Dwight Howard. He isn't playing well as in Orlando and has been injured but I feel it is because he's not happy in LA LA land and not too many enjoy playing with egomaniac Kobe. If we can be assured of a long term commitment from DH, I'd do it. Nice to get JJ Redick too somehow !!! We get Sully back, a PF but strong rebounder, keep Wicox too a good rebounder and have time to see if Melo develops.

I agree, if DA figures out a way to get a quality big, without giving up any players in the remaining core group, then by all means ROLL Cs ROLL!

I can imagine the concern a GM would have trading for a player that has just undergone major knee surgery. It may take RR all of next season to return to full health!

In addition, trading RR now puts the Cs in a position to get pennys on the dollar, regarding compensation for his services.

Phoenix is a team that first comes to mind. There are no lofty expectations this year or next. Why not trade Gortat and another piece for RR.

The next few days will tell the tale as they say!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Irrespective of my above post of trading Rondo, I am aware that probably the best article describing the Allstar game was about the play of the guards, Paul & Irving, and their importance to the game.

I do not feel Rondo is in their class or ever will be.  If we get Dwight Howard as I say above, bring in Terrence Williams and try too to get JJ Redick. We'd be awesome. Then in the draft get a PG/Sg.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Irrespective of my above post of trading Rondo, I am aware that probably the best article describing the Allstar game was about the play of the guards, Paul & Irving, and their importance to the game.

I do not feel Rondo is in their class or ever will be.  If we get Dwight Howard as I say above, bring in Terrence Williams and try too to get JJ Redick. We'd be awesome. Then in the draft get a PG/Sg.

Bledsoe has Paul and Irving abilities as well! I am certain DA is taking a hard look at possible trades with the Clips, in an attempt to pry this pending star away from them!

With that stated, if the Cs get a quality big and roll-on, it would not be the worst thing ever! Give KG and PP a young star who can carry the team on the offensive OR defensive end, and they may have a shot!

As we both know, T. Williams is not that guy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I am guessing Blog-Blop will choke on his morning muffin when he reads this! To funny!!

Phoenix Suns reserve center Jermaine O'Neal is having one of his best seasons in years, and would definitely be of value to a team trying to make a playoff push, One such team is the Los Angeles Lakers, but Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic says it's highly unlikely that the Suns would trade O'Neal to the Lakers.

Quite simply, the Suns cannot afford to help the Lakers in any way, because they own the Lakers' first-round draft pick this season thanks to the Steve Nash sign-and-trade deal. That pick is currently unprotected, so if Los Angeles misses the playoffs, Phoenix would add a second lottery pick to the one they will already have themselves. For a team that's in serious need of a rebuild, having those two lottery picks is huge.

Thanks Mitch!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...