Sorting Through The Trade Rumors!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Sorting Through The Trade Rumors!

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

The bottom line is who are the Cs going to add (without trading any of the big 3) that will take them deep into the playoffs or win a title? Milsap maybe but I dont think we have the pieces to get him and other teams can probably offer more..... So if you cant get an impact player that gives the Cs a real shot at a title than what is the point in keeping this team together and not trying to look to the future.  

Bingo!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to JG9000's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We need to start Green at the 2 and call up Downs to back up Pierce.

i agree with Kirk. we don't ned to over react here. we have a good core. a couple of moves at league minimum and go from there. we will get more leverage if we wait till summer to make larger scale deals.

Question, in a seven game series against the Heat or the Knicks, who defends Bosh and or Amare, when KG goes to the bench? 

The C's have a deficiency that a d-league player can not help them over come! BB can not defend skilled PFs!

For the Knicks and or the Heat, it is game, set, and series! 

Wilcox, Bass, and Collins....18 hard fouls.

Except that Bass is foul prone, Collins is slower than glue, and Wilcox can't stay healthy...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Dan Woike: To borrow a phrase from my former baseball colleagues, "hearing" that there's not much to Bledsoe-Milsap talk. Situations are fluid, though Twitter @DanWoikeSports

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

7-hours ago:

KG says he understand the business and Ainge's job

KG via ESPN:

Danny, since Day 1, even when Ray (Allen) was here, the first day we got there he always told us he would do whatever he had to do to make the team better. He wouldn't put guys above the team. That was the foundation and we all understood that, never had a problem with it. I've always told him where I was as far as being a Celtic. My expectations were not to come back to be traded. We both understand that, but this is a business and you have to understand that.

"It's my preference (that) I will retire a Celtic and be buried in green and that's where it stands. As far as the organization, where they feel they want to go, their visions for the future, I can't speak on that. You have to ask them that. For right now, this is what it is. If it changes, I'll have to deal with that."

It's a bit odd that Kevin Garnett talks about the business of the NBA and that since day 1 that Danny let the Big 3 know he would do what's in the best interest of the team and not any individual player. I mean Garnett has nothing to worry about. He has a no-trade clause. His future is 100% up to him. It's still good to see that Garnett respects the position Ainge is in. The NBA is a business. Players try to maximize the dollars they can make in their careers (The Big Ticket has made more than any player in history). 

Teams know that winning brings in the dollars. They can't get too sentimental. I'm sure Ainge is well aware that many fans want KG and Pierce to retire as Celtics. And he's aware that trading them would bring a tremendous amount of heat on him. But he's also well aware than in a couple years (when they are gone) if the team isn't doing well, fan interest will wane. Ticket sales will go down. The value of the franchise will go down. See, you can't beat father time. There will be a time soon when KG and Pierce are retired. It's Ainge's job to worry about that team as well. 

I still believe that it will be too complicated for Ainge to pull off these deals and that next weekend Pierce and KG are still Celtics. Fans will be happy and Ainge will say he never seriously tried to shop them. But if something does happen, the principles will all understand why. They've been around long enough to understand the business.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Interesting thoughts on EB trade scenarios:

Bledsoe for Josh Smith: "No thanks." Smith is positionally redundant with Griffin (even moreso than Millsap) and is a terrible perimeter shooter which is one need the Clippers would like to address in any deal. He's also a free agent this summer currently making $13M.

Bledsoe for Paul Pierce: "I'm listening." Pierce can play either wing position, which is one place where the Clippers may be deep, but they could clearly use an upgrade. TheCeltics would want a lot for Pierce and the Clippers would have luxury tax issues looming with Pierce/Griffin/Paul making something in the neighborhood of $47M next season, but you have to listen.

Bledsoe for Kevin Garnett: "I'm listening." I've already posted my take on this deal. KG's no trade clause is a major complicating factor, but he's a great complement to Griffin in the front court, and tremendous defender and a winner. Clearly the Clippers are at least listening on this one.

Bledsoe for Rajon Rondo: "No thanks." The Clippers already have a point guard, which is why Bledsoe is available.

Bledsoe for Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis: "No thanks." Jennings and Ellis are just as redundant with Chris Paul as Bledsoe is, maybe more so. While Ellis isn't a point guard, he's not big and needs the ball in his hands, both of which make him a bad fit with Paul. No reason to pursue this discussion.

Bledsoe for Millsap: "No thanks." I might actually pause a bit before saying no on this one, but it just doesn't make sense beyond this season. If you truly believe this deal wins you a championship in June, then you do it, but I just don't think that's the case, and the deal makes no sense past June with Millsap heading into free agency.

Bledsoe for Andrea Bargnani: "I'm listening." OK, now before you freak out, I'm only listening a little. Remember, this exercise is about whether the basic swap makes any sense for the Clippers, first and foremost at a basketball level. A big who can shoot is exactly the complement to Griffin that the Clippers would love to add. But Bargs' contract is a disaster, and I'm only listening to Toronto to see how they will sweeten the pot to convince me to take on that cap anchor. I don't think it's possible, but I'm willing to listen to what they can do, because on the court, this trade could actually work.

Bledsoe for Ben Gordon: "I'm listening." Similar to the Bargnani situation, Gordon's nightmarish contract probably can't be overcome, no matter what else Charlotte is willing to do here. But Gordon is also a career 40% three point shooter who is probably the new Juwan Howard -- not worth his contract, but not nearly as bad as people think when they overreact to his contract. Still, he'd be best as a backcourt scorer off the bench which the Clippers already have, so on second thought, "no thanks."

Bledsoe for Dwight Howard: "I'm listening." You'd have to listen, but there's really no way this is happening.

Bledsoe for Iman Shumpert: "I'm listening." This is the rare trade on this list that would actually stand as is, one for one. The Knicks would have to give me something else, but I'd have the discussion.

Bledsoe for J.J. Redick: "I'm listening." Redick would be a good (great?) fit as a starting shooting guard for the Clippers. Bledsoe has a lot of trade value and Orlando would probably have to sweeten the pot some, but I'd certainly take the phone call.

Bledsoe for Danny Granger: "I'm listening." Granger's a small forward who was an All Star in 2009. You'd have to listen, though I don't think you could make it work.

Bledsoe for Carlos Boozer: "No thanks." Bad contract, same position as Griffin, no chance.

Bledsoe for J.J. Hickson: "No thanks." Clippers are looking for more in return, and Hickson doesn't address any significant need.

Bledsoe for Al Jefferson: "I'm listening." Even though I'm listening, I'm not really. I love Big Al's game, but he's a free agent this summer, and he's only a decent fit with Griffin. Yes, he can make an 18 footer, but he's really a post up center, not a floor spreader.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Coincidence?

In what is probably just a coincidental twist, Garnett was seated next to the Clippers Chris Paul and Blake Griffin during Saturday's media event. I think people are just talking, Paul said. At the end of the day, who wouldn't want to have Kevin Garnett on their team? I talk about that guy all day, every day, his intensity to the game and how he plays the game. He's a special player. That's a guy right there that I looked up to for a long time.€

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I hope this deal come through...its best for all parties..I.Love KG.

But it is painfull to watch this great warrior get schooled by youngsters with more athletic abilities and half the heart. Same with PP..and it is happening with more frequency..

The lakers just beat us to that time frame. Do we need to go one and done to prove this?

How did that turn out for them? They are just a year or two ahead of us in the aging team race.

I don't believe KG and Pierce can survive the whole season and playoffs intact.

Of course, with their heart, I know  they will battle to the bitter end. Just as they did last year.

But with all the injuries, and the time it takes to bring in newbies and expect them to perform is going to make it  a very difficult second half. (We may end up missing the playoffs anyway.)

It is because of injuries that they did not win at least another title. To expect them to do it at this stage, is not realistic. I hope to be proven wrong, but lets be real. If i am proven wrong, i will start a thread at the end of the season.

Do we want to be a middle of the road team with young talent and pics, to go after free agents,  or one with a couple of aging all stars under contract. That is really the only question to be answered.

Let Lebrains/ Durant have this year and maybe next year too. Once MJ got going, there was no stopping him.

Bite the bullet and tweak the team for the long haul.

Having said that, I konw  Danny will only make a deal

if it helps the team and franchise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

1-hour ago - SB Nation:

If you needed any more tea leaves to read, here's a key thing to consider. Everything, ...everything in Clipperland is tied to Chris Paul. He's got the leverage of his impending free agency to hold over the team. Everyone pretty much assumes that he's staying, but he's got that carrot and he's going to use it if he can. Management might be split on what the best options are going forward, but they all have to bow down to what Chris Paul thinks.

Per the Oracle Wojo:

Chris Paul doesn't need Dwight Howard now – or in the future - Yahoo! Sports

"If Chris wants Vinny [Del Negro], he'll be the coach," one source tied to the Clippers and Paul said. "If Chris wants [Kevin Garnett], they'll push harder for it."

Indeed, the Clippers are genuine contenders this season. They're deep and talented, and Paul makes everything go now. And if the Clippers were to get Garnett to spread the floor, several league GMs and coaches believe the move could transform Los Angeles into a bigger threat to the Miami Heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

So, does Chris Paul want Kevin Garnett? Read for yourself.

Garnett's legacy lives on through young NBA stars

"KG is one of those guys that's once in a lifetime," said Clippers guard Chris Paul. "I'll never forget the first two or three times I played against KG when I came into the league. We both got techs every game just because of the intensity. He'd say something to me, and I wasn't going to back down. He's one of those guys that I genuinely appreciate and always said this, I'd love to have KG on my team. He's focused and I love that about him."

Chris Paul, Blake Griffin would welcome Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles Clippers - ESPN Los Angeles

"I think people are just talking," Paul said. "At the end of the day, who wouldn't want to have Kevin Garnett on their team? I talk about that guy all day, every day, his intensity to the game and how he plays the game. He's a special player. That's a guy right there that I looked up to for a long time. Me and Chauncey (Billups) are really close and he and Chauncey are really close and everything I know about him is that he's a very loyal guy."

Now, logically you are thinking "Well, they can want him all they want, but that doesn't mean the Celtics will deal him." Very true. You are wise and bright readers. What it boils down to is price. (Because as we discussed before, if the Celtics really wanted to make a deal, they could probably convince KG to waive his no-trade clause) What price are the Clippers willing to pay for Garnett? At what price would Danny be willing to pull the trigger and sell the idea to Kevin?

Trade talks aren't usually a "take it or leave it" process. They start with lowball offers and go from there.

Kevin Garnett trade rumors: Celtics, Clippers continue to discuss deal for big man - NBA - Sporting News

More than two weeks ago, the Clippers’ proposal centered around Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler for Garnett, but, as reported by Yahoo! Sports on Friday, the Clippers have upped the deal to include Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan. A source told SN that the original offer was a "starting point," and the Clippers have always been willing to increase their bid.

How much are they willing to increase their bid? If they add in a first round draft pick will that be enough to swing the deal? If there really wasn't any chance that Ainge would make a deal with the Clippers, then why would he be talking to them (reportedly) over the course of several weeks? Just to be polite?

I'm not a huge fan of any of this any more than most of you. But there's smoke here and I'm very much obliged to point it out. Because there very well may be fire there. And if there's fire, there may be a fire sale. So stay tuned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Yahoo Sports:

"If Chris wants Vinny [Del Negro], he'll be the coach," one source tied to the Clippers and Paul said. "If Chris wants [Kevin Garnett], they'll push harder for it."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

OKC needs another scorer:

Without James Harden, the Oklahoma City Thunder are more vulnerable in the Western Conference now. As one West GM said, "You can load up on Durant and Westbrook in a way that you couldn't do with Harden there."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Time is running out for DA to make BIG moves! Let's see what transpires today, post All Star festivities! 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

OKC needs another scorer:

Without James Harden, the Oklahoma City Thunder are more vulnerable in the Western Conference now. As one West GM said, "You can load up on Durant and Westbrook in a way that you couldn't do with Harden there."

OKC is a Paul Pierce away from beating the Heat in the Finals.

You proposed this trade weeks ago! If DA has BIG moves in mind, this is the most logical place for Peirce to go! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

But I don't think Pierce is going to be traded after how well the Celts played in the last 3 weeks.

I think there is a 50-50 chance BIG moves are made! If the C's were dealing with just one major injury, I would say no chance. BUT they are dealing with 3-major injuries! 

The other factor to consider is this summer, if DA knows he is going to exercise the team option on Peirce, which may lead to KGs retirement, then the question becomes why not make trades now, versus 4-months from now, and get some assests in return! 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

But I don't think Pierce is going to be traded after how well the Celts played in the last 3 weeks.

I think there is a 50-50 chance BIG moves are made! If the C's were dealing with just one major injury, I would say no chance. BUT they are dealing with 3-major injuries! 

The other factor to consider is this summer, if DA knows he is going to exercise the team option on Peirce, which may lead to KGs retirement, then the question becomes why not make trades now, versus 4-months from now, and get some assests in return! 

Here's the thing, Sully and Barbosa are really not major pieces. Sure Sully's the Celts' best rebounder, but in the playoffs he's not going to get a lot of playing time because he will get into foul trouble almost every game. Barbosa was not playing a lot when Rondo was healthy. So Rondo is the only major loss for the Celtics. 

The Celts' best 5 players are KG, Green, Pierce, Bradley, and Terry. Sully and Barbosa were not guys who were in the game in the last 5 mins of the 4th qtr. As long as Ainge finds an upgrade over Bass, the Celts will be in the hunt.

And don't worry about Pierce's contract, the Celts can trade him on draft night. The Celts have until June 30, 2013 to decide if they keep Pierce or not. 

If Pierce gets traded on draft night, then the team that got Pierce will be the one to decide if they keep Pierce or not.

The head ache for DA, because of his age Pierce's value will likely decline after this season.

Trading him this summer is still possible, but the "get" will not be as much!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Despite looking like a team with all the pieces in place to be a force in the West for more than just this season, DeAndre Jordan not getting along with head coach Vinny Del Negro is forcing the Los Angeles Clippers to look for a trading partner to take their center, with the Boston Celtics and Kevin Garnett often mentioned but unlikely to happen.

The Clippers are having conversations with the Celtics regarding the matter, but Garnett still has his no-trade clause in the contract, and the official word is that the Boston Celtics aren't talking to anyone or considering any trades at the moment, especially after doing so well despite the injuries in recent weeks.

Jordan has quite a hefty contract, owed $22 million for the next couple of seasons. Chris Paul is hitting free agency this summer, and with Del Negro not quite pleased with his starting center's development, or lack thereof, he has told the front office to find a trading partner for Jordan, although with his contract, it might not be easy if the Garnett option those not materialize.

What's so wrong with Jordan? Despite early season positive signs, the Clippers aren't happy with Jordan's commitment on defense on certain plays, still making too many mistakes, relying too much on his athleticism and blocking ability to cover for bad positioning and decisions at times. Same goes for his offense, which remains based on his ability to score points right near or above the rim. His minutes have dropped to 24.6 per game this season (over 27 minutes last year), while his field goal percentage has dropped to 59.9% and his free throw shooting (42.9%) continues to be atrocious.

Jordan is a more efficient player when it comes to his production per minutes, averaging 13.9 points per 36 minutes on the floor, but the rift between him and Del Negro and the ongoing problems and difference between what Jordan brings to the table when compared with the Clippers expect of him are leading them to look for a player to fill his shoes via trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Allot of smoke here!

Make no mistake: The Clippers conduct business in complete concert with Paul's intelligence and desires. Within the organization and Paul's inner-circle, there's an understanding that he's staying a Clipper, but committing now costs him leverage – and perhaps could allow one of the league's all-time cheap franchises to get away with a half-hearted pursuit at contention. Yahoo! Sports Los Angeles Clippers, Free Agency, Chris Paul | share

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Boston Celtics trade rumors: Could Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce really get moved?

By Trevor Zickgraf on Feb 18, 9:00a +

Streeter Lecka

Rumors started swirling that Kevin Garnett could be on the move, but would the Celtics really move him or Paul Pierce? Will Garnett back off his claim that he won't waive his no-trade clause?

The Boston Celtics' new Big Three era didn't get off to the start the team had hoped for this season, as they struggled to get to .500 before point guard Rajon Rondo went down with a torn ACL. Now, the question is whether general manager Danny Ainge will let the team ride out its current hot streak or if he'll look to move Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett before Thursday's trade deadline.

The Celtics' Outlook

Currently, the Celtics are 28-24, good for seventh in the Eastern Conference. They've also won eight of their last 10 games. That's the good news. The bad news is they now set out on a Western Conference road trip that has them playing five games in seven nights. They'll see two playoff teams on the trip, the Denver Nuggets and Utah Jazz, while facing two others fighting for a playoff spot, the Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Lakers.

They also have injury problems that continue to build. In the last month, the team has lost Jared Sullinger, Rondo and Leandro Barbosa to season-ending injuries. It's tough to see them falling out of playoff position, since they're 5.5 games ahead of the ninth-place Philadelphia 76ers, who have their own injury problems.

The question for Ainge, head coach Doc Rivers and the rest of the Celtics' front office is whether now is the time to act on rumored deals, like Kevin Garnett to the Los Angeles Clippers, or make one last push in an Eastern Conference that is a complete toss-up outside of the Miami Heat.

"I Bleed Green"

Given their current injury situation, it seems possible the Celtics will make a swap, but the larger question is whether Pierce or Garnett will be on the move. Recently, talks have centered around Garnett, including a deal with the Clippers that would involve guard Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan or Caron Butler.

Last week Garnett told reporters, including Mark Murphy of the Boston Herald, that he wanted to remain a Celtic for the rest of his career. Saturday, Yahoo! Sports Marc Spears wrote that Garnett said he wouldn't waive his no-trade clause before Thursday's deadline, even for a move to Los Angeles, close to his Malibu home. Spears also wrote that a source close to the situation said the Clippers think Garnett would change his mind if the trade came to fruition.

CELTICS BLOG: An Open Letter to Danny Ainge: Don't Trade KG

A Pierce rumor hasn't popped up since before the Rudy Gay trade to Toronto went through, but that doesn't mean the Celtics wouldn't look to move him if Garnett was traded. Another rumor that has surfaced is that Boston would love to bring in Josh Smith. Pairing Smith next to Garnett would be ideal, but it seem unlikely Atlanta Hawks general manager Danny Ferry would take back Green and Bass' long term salary.

Possible Outcomes

Despite the rumors, it's difficult to see Garnett or Pierce moving. Garnett is ultimately the decision-maker on whether he leaves, and trading Pierce seems like it would be a tough sell to the Celtic faithful. A more likely scenario is Boston bringing in one more piece, probably in the frontcourt, then can help them make another playoff run despite Rondo's absence.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Celtics are reportedly on the verge of signing a guard to a 10-day contract a hedge in case a more desirable player is available in another two weeks though management was still sifting through possibilities. Shelvin Mack, the Maine Red Claws point guard, remained with his team on its road trip. Jannero Pargo, the 32-year-old whose second 10-day contract with the Atlanta Hawks expired last week, also hadn't been contacted. Boston Herald

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Nah, no big trades. Change is a week or two away. Couple guys will be added. We need about 10-15 minutes of releif play up front and 5 -10 minutes of releif play in the back court.  Those type of minutes don't rguire an all star, just a competent backup. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Nah, no big trades. Change is a week or two away. Couple guys will be added. We need about 10-15 minutes of releif play up front and 5 -10 minutes of releif play in the back court.  Those type of minutes don't rguire an all star, just a competent backup. 

If the report above is accurate, then it appears that is the direction the Cs will take. Add a few D-League players to finish out the season.