SOURCE: CELTS pushing for Sterling to stay while "selflessly" advocating all CLIPs players become free agents!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

SOURCE: CELTS pushing for Sterling to stay while "selflessly" advocating all CLIPs players become free agents!

love these games of moral indignation mixed in with serious self-interest. like markie jackson pushing for clips fans not to show up at all as they go in to a flat fan free zone to beat up on the clippies. yep right.. doc wants every fan to show up loud and proud perhaps just in black to intimidate the refs.. perhaps for some irony, ONLY black fans all in black should b allowed in.. what message would that send?

anywho, if ur ainge i would go for that.. knowing that anything keeping sterling in place means major losses in free agency to clips. also drag out the magic thing til after mandated the free agency period, then have the celts move in on cp3 and blakey.. for all u jabros who dont want doc back, if cp3, jordan and blakey made it clear they would only come to bawston if doc came in tow, u tellin me that wyc and ainge wont b cleaning out braddy's office themselves within seconds?

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: SOURCE: CELTS pushing for Sterling to stay while

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

love these games of moral indignation mixed in with serious self-interest. like markie jackson pushing for clips fans not to show up at all as they go in to a flat fan free zone to beat up on the clippies. yep right.. doc wants every fan to show up loud and proud perhaps just in black to intimidate the refs.. perhaps for some irony, ONLY black fans all in black should b allowed in.. what message would that send?

anywho, if ur ainge i would go for that.. knowing that anything keeping sterling in place means major losses in free agency to clips. also drag out the magic thing til after mandated the free agency period, then have the celts move in on cp3 and blakey.. for all u jabros who dont want doc back, if cp3, jordan and blakey made it clear they would only come to bawston if doc came in tow, u tellin me that wyc and ainge wont b cleaning out braddy's office themselves within seconds?

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

[/QUOTE]

ain't never going to happen 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

NEWSBREAK!!!:

A couple of million fine and a lifetime ban. Tisk...tisk!

Chump change.. and Sterling is still team owner.

Little the league can do beyond this show of moral outrage without an ugly lawsuit that they will lose.

At some point, Sterling may sell the team and make another fortune in the process.

Or he may not.

Sterling may be a racist, one among many within the billionaire class... but he isn't dumb...

And like a resourceful cat, he will land on his feet.

He can cause the NBA a lot more trouble than they can cause him... and he's got very deep pockets.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NEWSBREAK!!!:

Little the league can do beyond this show of moral outrage without an ugly lawsuit that they will lose.

At some point, Sterling may sell the team and make another fortune in the process.

Or he may not.

Sterling may be a racist, one among many within the billionaire class... but he isn't dumb...

He can cause the NBA a lot more trouble than they can cause him... and he's got very deep pockets.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

They are saying on ESPN that a force of sale can be done with the league owners voting

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Except all those new free agents would move across town to the Lakers.  You really want that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Need 3/4ths of the owners to vote, and he has to sell.  Cuban has said no, GSW owner has said yes......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Donald Sterling has also been awarded a lifetime NAACP award. go figure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Donald Sterling has also been awarded a lifetime NAACP award. go figure

[/QUOTE]

He's got lots  of money.

He gives money  to organizations  that  flatter him.

This isn't rocket  science.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

only billionaires are racist? ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NEWSBREAK!!!:

Or he may not.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

They are saying on ESPN that a force of sale can be done with the league owners voting

[/QUOTE]
    no different than with any franchise.. mcdonalds can force a franchisee to sell if he's a jabro in words and in deed in terms of not selling. nba just needs enough owners to go along

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

only billionaires are racist? ;)

[/QUOTE]

no higher standard when u r one. as blacks get to that level, they 2 will b increasingly caught up in these things. when ur a jabro, can get away with mo. is what it is!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie you're right about Jackson's self-interested public comments but your Celts "source" is full of BS. 

The Celts took a very public stand condemning Sterling:

http://nesn.com/2014/04/celtics-alleged-donald-sterling-tape-goes-against-everything-we-stand-for/

I will bet you any amount of money that the Celts vote with the other owners to kick Sterling out, which will immediately make your source look like an idiot, and you even more so for repeating this baseless unproven crud here. 

You can count on me resurfacing this thread when the vote happens. Please save your rampant speculation for less important topics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I don't see how this is going to stick.  I think Sterling is a P O S.  But has he treated players or fans differently based on race?  Has he actually done anything?

In my opinion, the only people who can do anything are the players, coaches, advertisers, and fans.  A player can decide they don't want to play for Sterling because they simply don't like him.  Same for a coach.  And Fans can decide not to go to a game for whatever reason.  And advertisers can't be forced to advertise during Clippers games.  But he can't be banned from the NBA because the other owners don't like him.

Fans, players, and coaches , in my opinion, are the only ones who have a say.  Not other owners.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see how this is going to stick.  I think Sterling is a P O S.  But has he treated players or fans differently based on race?  Has he actually done anything?

In my opinion, the only people who can do anything are the players, coaches, advertisers, and fans.  A player can decide they don't want to play for Sterling because they simply don't like him.  Same for a coach.  And Fans can decide not to go to a game for whatever reason.  And advertisers can't be forced to advertise during Clippers games.  But he can't be banned from the NBA because the other owners don't like him.

Fans, players, and coaches , in my opinion, are the only ones who have a say.  Not other owners.

[/QUOTE]

My understanding of this is that the other owners have to vote to force him to sell the team and this already happened.    How long he will fight it is another question?  I can't imagine that he will go without a fight.  Most of the sponsors of the Clippers have already left.  It could turn out to be a very ugly situation for everyone involved. I was delighted by the decision of the commissioner today but it is still could be a while before this situation is resolved. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The guy Sterling is the original smut suckin' crap-dog...but he DID buy the team for 15 million and the current estimated worth is around, what, 650 million?...pretty good return on investment, even counting inflation over all those years...and the NBA has to make sure full value is returned to him or they'll be real trouble with law suits that would tie up the sale and transfer for years...he's going to do just fine...

I'm sure he walks with a bundle just to shut up and walk away...FAST

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Commie you're right about Jackson's self-interested public comments but your Celts "source" is full of BS. 

The Celts took a very public stand condemning Sterling:

http://nesn.com/2014/04/celtics-alleged-donald-sterling-tape-goes-against-everything-we-stand-for/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/04/celtics-alleged-donald-sterling-tape-goes-against-everything-we-stand-for/

I will bet you any amount of money that the Celts vote with the other owners to kick Sterling out, which will immediately make your source look like an idiot, and you even more so for repeating this baseless unproven crud here. 

You can count on me resurfacing this thread when the vote happens. Please save your rampant speculation for less important topics.

[/QUOTE]

did i say anything about the celts not voting for him to go? that vote should be 29-0! its after the vote.. celts have every reason to slow the roll if we can get the universal amnesty provision. these guys have been subjected to a "plantation" mindset, danny says "lets free them"...after we get blake,paul,doc and jordan, u then get the right fit in an owner. u dig dawg?