Source: Vinnie Del Negro could fill need

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Source: Vinnie Del Negro could fill need

I'd be fine with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I wouldn't mind Del Negro. This could end up being the Boston Clippers and the LA Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Whenever I see Vinnie Del Negro - all I can see is a genetic cross between Mitch Albom and Luke Wilson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The coach that will replace Doc Rivers will immediately here chants of "we want Doc" the moment the Celts go on a 7-game losing streak. 

What will they be saying if Doc is the coach and the Cs go on a 7 game losing streak? If the team stands pat, then expect many losing streaks. Time for change. Why are so many afraid to embrace change. Obviously it seems Doc is not even sure he wants to remain, so maybe change is best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Ew

Why would danny want the del negro? Wasn't he evaluated as not good enough to get the Clipps where they needed to go? If C. Paul had issues with him, do you think Rondo will be all happy-go-lucky?

I say bring back an ex-Celtic or go with Shaw. Del Negro? Really??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Brian Shaw

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

The coach that will replace Doc Rivers will immediately here chants of "we want Doc" the moment the Celts go on a 7-game losing streak. 

What will they be saying if Doc is the coach and the Cs go on a 7 game losing streak? If the team stands pat, then expect many losing streaks. Time for change. Why are so many afraid to embrace change. Obviously it seems Doc is not even sure he wants to remain, so maybe change is best.

I'm not afraid of change. But having a new coach means the Celts are really, really going to start from the bottom up. Which means Rondo must go also.

The Celts were always good defensively because Doc only plays players who play defense. With a new coach, the Celts will be run differently. It's going to be a new system, different defensive schemes and offensive plays. In other words, the Celts will have a new identity.

Del Negro is a good coach, but he's nothing special. At least with Doc, players love to play for him.

AGREE, BUT if you're starting over why not go out and take a chance on someone new who has a lot of potential and not somebody who was fired from what was once of the biggest joke of a franchise in the league...

Why not take a chance. Doc's system worked because of Doc, but also because defensive wins championships and two way players need to dominate your roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If the Clips want Doc then DA should let them have him IF they trade us Jordon and Bledsoe for Terry,Crawford,T Williams. They give us 2 firsts for doc and then they can have him.

I would rather have Brian Shaw or George Karl than Del Negro

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Also even if KG waives his no trade clause we trade him to New Orleans for Ryan Anderson and Grevis Vasquez. If they show no loyalty and want to do what they Fugg them we do what we want. I maybe wrong if he waives his no trade he waives it he can't just waive it to be traded to certain teams.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I'm not afraid of change. But having a new coach means the Celts are really, really going to start from the bottom up. Which means Rondo must go also.

The Celts were always good defensively because Doc only plays players who play defense. With a new coach, the Celts will be run differently. It's going to be a new system, different defensive schemes and offensive plays. In other words, the Celts will have a new identity.

Del Negro is a good coach, but he's nothing special. At least with Doc, players love to play for him.

players love to play for him........That is part of the problem and not always true I am sure. I am sure the many players who never get to play don't necessarily love Doc. Doc plays only his favorites. That is a problem, especially with the older team he had the past few yrs.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

players love to play for him........That is part of the problem and not always true I am sure. I am sure the many players who never get to play don't necessarily love Doc. Doc plays only his favorites. That is a problem, especially with the older team he had the past few yrs.  

You're speculating.

The mere fact that teams are asking permission to talk to Doc means Doc is not just an ordinary coach.

You are also speculating as well then by stating players love to play for Doc.

Maybe they are talking to Doc so they can also obtain KG and PP services. You make Doc out to be this top notch coach. Is he a good coach, sure, maybe. He won a championship. But he should have won at least another if not a 3rd with the talent he had. And just how many teams are wanting to talk to him again? Clips?

Lots of strange coaching changes this season. Even by winning teams. Very strange offseason indeed. I think Docs time is up. He had his run. Time to move on. Simple.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

If the Clips want Doc then DA should let them have him IF they trade us Jordon and Bledsoe for Terry,Crawford,T Williams. They give us 2 firsts for doc and then they can have him.

I would rather have Brian Shaw or George Karl than Del Negro

No Brain Shaw.He hates the celtics.Reseach and fiand out what he did to the celtics after the celtics drafted him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

You are also speculating as well then by stating players love to play for Doc.

Maybe they are talking to Doc so they can also obtain KG and PP services. You make Doc out to be this top notch coach. Is he a good coach, sure, maybe. He won a championship. But he should have won at least another if not a 3rd with the talent he had. And just how many teams are wanting to talk to him again? Clips?

Lots of strange coaching changes this season. Even by winning teams. Very strange offseason indeed. I think Docs time is up. He had his run. Time to move on. Simple.

I'm not speculating. There are actual articles saying players love to play for Doc.

Just google it and you'll see.

Generic statement I guess. I am sure some love to and some don't. PP and KG love to play for Doc, that is obvious. But what about the ones who never see any court time?

Doc, if anything, was forced to see some of the talent he had riding the pine due to injuries and no other reason.

You make it seem like players were lined up at the door to play for Doc, if so, then where were they?  The Cs would have been a bit more competitive and won more championships under his reign if that were the case.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Generic statement I guess. I am sure some love to and some don't. PP and KG love to play for Doc, that is obvious. But what about the ones who never see any court time?

Doc, if anything, was forced to see some of the talent he had riding the pine due to injuries and no other reason.

You make it seem like players were lined up at the door to play for Doc, if so, then where were they?  The Cs would have been a bit more competitive and won more championships under his reign if that were the case.

You're forgetting that since KG and Ray came to Boston, the Celts only had the MLE to offer. Just because players want to play for Doc, it doesn't mean the players would sacrifice money just to play for Doc.

so they want to play for doc, but only for a lot of money. got it. lol ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Couldn't get a better coach to start tanking. 

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.” -Magic Johnson

"That kid, is unbelievable." -Larry Bird On Rajon Rondo.

"β€œHe is the whole package” - Bob Cousey on Rondo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The Celtics have a coach - they need Del Negro as a shooting guard; the SGs here now can't shoot.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Finding a coach won't be a problem.  Everybody is hiring assistant-coaches or Jason Kidd to avoid paying experienced coaches a lot of money. 

There are a lot of decent coaches looking for job.  Even Miami can win with an average coach. 

Finding the next superstar on the court won't be as easy. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Finding a coach won't be a problem.  Everybody is hiring assistant-coaches or Jason Kidd to avoid paying experienced coaches a lot of money. 

There are a lot of decent coaches looking for job.  Even Miami can win with an average coach. 

Finding the next superstar on the court won't be as easy. 

+1

Sections
Shortcuts