sparklers are hardly fireworks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

sparklers are hardly fireworks

as far as fireworks go, last night's draft was more like sparklers. those boring things you grow out of by the time you're 10 and can move on to firecrackers. the thing about sparklers and even firecrackers is that they often proceed actual fireworks. you know, the kids running around in the yard with their sparklers, a few firecrackers going off here and there, while you wait for the actual fireworks to begin. maybe that's what we saw last night. i sure hope so. anything else would make this promised fireworks display a major disappointment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: sparklers are hardly fireworks

I like the James Young pick but Randle was there at 6. He can play below the rim and has touch. Smart reminds me of AB. This might mean Rondo, AB and Green are gone. The funny thing is there were reports on this site that Rondo was going to be traded if the Love deal didn't happen. Today Ainge is still saying Rondo won't be traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i think, and this is just my opinion, that there is still some hope on the part of ainge and ownership that they can get a vet this summer to pair with rondo. that's the only reason rondo was not shipped out IMO. if that doesn't pan out, rondo will be gone. bass too. maybe green. guess we'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No shooter, no scorer, no big, just two complementary parts on a good team, but not stars

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i think young is/will be a shooter at the 2/3. smart will play the point once rondo is gone. AB will probably stay and play the 2. we're pretty good at the 4. but we lack a center, as we all know. and you're right-besides rondo, who may or may not be staying, we have no star, just complimentarily pieces.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to billge's comment:

No shooter, no scorer, no big, just two complementary parts on a good team, but not stars

Both Smart and Young are better shooters than Rondo and/or Bradley.  They will comprise a great future backcourt for the Celtics.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to billge's comment:

Both Smart and Young are better shooters than Rondo and/or Bradley.  They will comprise a great future backcourt for the Celtics.

+1

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

It takes two teams to make a trade.

If the Wolves trade Kevin Love to Boston now or later, the Wolves owner would lose face because the Celtics had a better offer before the draft.

What will the Celts offer the Wolves now?

Sully or Oly and the picks from Brooklyn?

HAHAHA

The Celtics traded to get KO so they must have seen something in him they liked. Sully was a lottery pick if he doesn't have the back issues. KO has length and Sully is a bull below the rim. I say F Love and let them prosper in the Celtics system for a few more years at least and see what happens!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to 003323344's comment:

The Celtics traded to get KO so they must have seen something in him they liked. Sully was a lottery pick if he doesn't have the back issues. KO has length and Sully is a bull below the rim. I say F Love and let them prosper in the Celtics system for a few more years at least and see what happens!

I totally agree!

Any word on Colt Iverson?  Will he be around this summer or in the fall?  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I like the James Young pick but Randle was there at 6"

You don't know if Randle is better than Smart. Nobody does. 

If Embid was there at six, Ainge takes him. It's hard to say definitively anyone on the board was better than Smart. 

As for the fireworks analogy, I never really believed that, sort of surprised that fans got suckered by that. 

We didn't have the top caliber assets other teams wanted, and there was very little trading to begin with. 

the Lebron and Carmelo dominoes have to fall first.

Sections
Shortcuts