S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7

In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7:
    Pietres, with all due respect, would have trouble hitting the Atlantic from the No Name Restaurant Loft

Posted by Sveltics

he has been HORRIBLE..and a poor decision maker..Sasha plays smarter..

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray was 4-11 with 3 rebs, 6 fouls, no blocks, no steals, and no assists in 25 minutes. And he played terrible defense. Doc Rivers is an idiot.
    Posted by Kirk6

If Ray starts and we win by a big margin, will you say Doc is brilliant?

Be consistent now.

I say start Ray but the real factor isn't Ray's play.  Its our ability to run, hit shots, and eliminate turnovers.

Here's what Doc had to say:

“Offensively we played random basketball. We never really established Kevin in the post. Our spacing was horrendous. They really clogged the paint up, but we hurt ourselves with pace. We walked the ball up the floor and we have to get [Rajon] Rondo running."

KG didn't agree.  Here's what KG had to say:

"“We missed shots we usually make,’’ said Garnett. “I don’t think we were in rhythm.  They were aggressive, but for the most part it was nothing we haven’t seen for six games. Now we’re going home. The crowd will be into it. We’ve been here before.’’

So, what's the big factor:  Just hit some shots; Rondo needs to stop that walking the ball up court and play faster; or get Ray off the court?   I say its not about Ray but about TO's and hitting shots and Rondo pushing for more shots in the paint.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have a better idea. Get Pavlovic in  there to bang around some Philly guys and see if he can get hot shooting as well. A sacrificial lamb like Sasha could get along done even if ejected.  Sasha's toughness is needed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Why you all think that Pavlvic would solve the outside shooting?  Pavlvic already played approximately 10 years in NBA and his career 3 point shooting is around 35% compare to Allen = 40%.  And this year Allen is 45% while Pavlvic is 29%.  Meaning Pavlvic is having a career low shooting on the threes during the regular season.  So you all think he would suddenly will shoot a whole alot better than Allen? Last nite, the defense was not the problem, it was the offense.  Like Rondo mentioned in his media interview saying, " we are fine with defense, but we totally stunk on offense".  I agree with him!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

S.Pavlovic made a 3pt. shot in the last minute of Game 5. His only shot in that game. A coach can always use that to motivate his player in the next game. But lo and behold, with all our shooters clanking iron in Game 6, Doc Rivers still failed to consider brininging in Sasha at any time to adress the struggles of our shooters.

S.Pavlovic - DNP -- COACH'S DECISION, Game 7

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7 : If Ray starts and we win by a big margin, will you say Doc is brilliant? Be consistent now. I say start Ray but the real factor isn't Ray's play.  Its our ability to run, hit shots, and eliminate turnovers. Here's what Doc had to say: “Offensively we played random basketball. We never really established Kevin in the post. Our spacing was horrendous. They really clogged the paint up, but we hurt ourselves with pace. We walked the ball up the floor and we have to get [Rajon] Rondo running." KG didn't agree.  Here's what KG had to say: " “We missed shots we usually make,’’ said Garnett. “I don’t think we were in rhythm.   They were aggressive, but for the most part it was nothing we haven’t seen for six games. Now we’re going home. The crowd will be into it. We’ve been here before.’’ So, what's the big factor:  Just hit some shots; Rondo needs to stop that walking the ball up court and play faster; or get Ray off the court?   I say its not about Ray but about TO's and hitting shots and Rondo pushing for more shots in the paint.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

You're missing the point. Yes, the Celtics can still win, and with a big margin, even with an injured Ray Allen starting and logging heavy minutes. And yes, R.Allen can even suddenly start hitting those 3-balls. That is how the game of basketball is.

But we have to increase our chances of winning. In doing so, in my opinion, the S.Pavlovic move over R.Allen will do the trick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Ray is in there to help the offense, but his shot is not reliable,and he really gets beat on the dribble penetration; all due to injury. Pietrus, Marquis and Pav are not consistent, to say the least. Almost makes you think play the rookie and hope he is a solution for game 7 and beyond.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think it is not at all about hitting the 3 point shots, it is about having overall better play at SG especially on the defensive end.  Since Ray is such a question mark on offense right now, it might be better to play more of other available players like Sasha.  We can try to insert Ray in but if he has not much like he has been doing the last 3-4 games then Doc should have the courage to switch and try to find a hot hand, or at least a hotter hand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Unless Sasha got hot offensively I don't see the big advantage. Sasha can't deal with the 76er guards off the dribble any better than Allen is on the bad ankles. Ray on the offensive end creates a certain amount of spacing because the 76ers aren't going to risk leaving him alone by cheating off of him.

Part of the problem with Game 6 in fact may have been that once Allen got into early foul trouble, without Bradley the C's had few answers at the 2 guard.

It is a game of small adjustments and I would think that Doc will try and adjust to close the driving lanes more in Game 7. It will be a team defensive adjustment

Whether a depleted C's squad, whether it is Ray Allen on bad ankles, Pavlovic or Peitrus can hold off a young, athletic well coached 76er team or not is a question. But every game in the playoffs this year is IMO bonus time. The C's with their age and injuries have been over achievers and one of the most entertaining of Pierce-Garnett-Allen-Rondo era.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have been watching Sasha closely this year.  He can make plays all over the court.  Blocking shots, rebounding, and playing tough we need this even if Philly guards get by him a few times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
     I doubt that SP will start. But, IMO, currently he's better on defense than RA.
    I don't know how RA feels tomorrow but if he's at the same level as in the game 5, Doc probably rotate MP, MD and SP for 2 and 3. I doubt that he's going to use EM unless RA and MP are in foul trouble.
    Speaking about EM. I heard that KD is sick, so Doc may have no choice but using him to give RR a breather.

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hi,  I doubt that SP will start. But, IMO, currently he's better on defense than RA. I don't know how RA feels tomorrow but if he's at the same level as in the game 5, Doc probably rotate MP, MD and SP for 2 and 3. I doubt that he's going to use EM unless RA and MP are in foul trouble. Speaking about EM. I heard that KD is sick, so Doc may have no choice but using him to give RR a breather. AK
    Posted by sinus007

I just want to see him get in there.  He is tough and so is Pietrus.  Tough mindedness really upsets finesse which is what the Philly backcourt thrives on.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7 : Exactly. Pavlovic is a very talented player, and he's healthy.
    Posted by Kirk6

I'm with you.  Sasha and Pietrus will make the sixers think twice about driving even if they get by a few times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to "Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7":
    In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7 : I'm with you.  Sasha and Pietrus will make the sixers think twice about driving even if they get by a few times. Posted by concord27
    Pavlovic is healthy. And has shown good defensive grit in the limited opportunities given to him back in the regular season.

Sections
Shortcuts