S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7

The bold move would be....

to tweak a little our starting lineup and have Sasha Pavlovic start in place of Ray Allen for Game 7. Elimination games sometime need an element of surprise and excitement to rev up the players and fans.

The acceptable move would be...

to give Sasha more minutes than Ray in Game 7.

Should it be a close game in the closing minutes in Game 7, the wise move would be...

sit down Ray Allen on our defensive sets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7

Agree, but ball's in Doc's court and starting Ray is somewhat of a reflex action with him.
    I'll oneup you.  Sasha starts and Moore's his backup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7:
    [QUOTE]Agree, but ball's in Doc's court and starting Ray is somewhat of a reflex action with him. I'll oneup you.  Sasha starts and Moore's his backup.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I second this. Moore should be getting more minutes. He has already proven he can score, defend, and play point. Doc needs to play him in game 7.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

On a comical note, who would you rather start on Game 7? Ray Allen or Doc Rivers? :)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]On a comical note, who would you rather start on Game 7? Ray Allen or Doc Rivers? :)
    Posted by great-1957[/QUOTE]
    You have Doc playing in sneakers or his wingtips?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7 : You have Doc playing in sneakers or his wingtips?

"Gym shoes", as Doc always call it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7 : "Gym shoes", as Doc always call it.
    Posted by great-1957[/QUOTE]
    I'm in my 50's.
    I'll go with Ray.
    Youth and injury over Age and health.
    Bet Ray would be happy to hear someone calling him young.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: S.Pavlovic over R.Allen for Game 7 : I'm in my 50's. I'll go with Ray. Youth and injury over Age and health. Bet Ray would be happy to hear someone calling him young.

Doc is still young for a coach at 50. I hope that makes you feel young too. But this series has gotten old.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I wouldn't start Pavlovic. He's slow and has looked aimless the few times that Doc has played him lately. I think he's more a has-been than Ray. If Doc is going to gamble on a bench player, I think it should be E'Twaun Moore. He can score and is young and athletic. He can keep pace with the young 76'ers guards better than Pavlovic or Daniels can. He's probably the only one left on the bench that can keep up with Rondo. I say start Ray, but let Moore come off the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't start Pavlovic. He's slow and has looked aimless the few times that Doc has played him lately. I think he's more a has-been than Ray. If Doc is going to gamble on a bench player, I think it should be E'Twaun Moore. He can score and is young and athletic. He can keep pace with the young 76'ers guards better than Pavlovic or Daniels can. He's probably the only one left on the bench that can keep up with Rondo. I say start Ray, but let Moore come off the bench.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

whoever Doc plucks from his bench will be his decision. should sasha or moore perform brilliance in the court, it will be on him, a genius act as the pundits will call it.

but should he fail on his personnel decisions come Game 7, he will be remembered to have lost this series due to his stubbornness and mulish loyalty to Ray Allen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc isnt going to do this... Hes stuck in script.. Lets just hope BRadley gives it a go.. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why everyone keep bashing on Allen?  Did you know that there were only 5 points came from the bench compare to 28 points from the Philly bench?  I know the Philly bench had more playing time.  But if you watch Hollin, Steamsma, Drooling, etc.  They all played so awful on the half court offense.  They looked so lost!!!  How many times did you see Drooling trying to drive to the basket?  None.  How many times Rondo made an ally loop pass to either Stiemsma or Hollin, probably like four times.  All couldnt catch the ball.  All bench players stunk last nite.

So therefore, Doc is going to continue playing Allen.  Bench players had many chance in the series, and none on them were a factor for any game!!

Quit bashing Allen.  If you think Allen shot poorly, that is because he went 1-5.  Remember he went 3 for 6 for 2 point FG.  Maybe he should try shooting short jumpers more often.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I was shocked that Pavlovic did not get in a the end of last night's game. Marquis can play in spots but offensively he is very unlikely to be aggressive.

Sasha is a tough player and the game had gotten very physical.  Obviously Doc does not have enough confidence in him.

This seventh game is going to be very hard to win,  I wonder if most here understand how difficult it will be especially if Philly comes out shooting well.

We dug ourselves a very big hole since game four.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Ray is not himself. He is doing the best he can but injuries are keeping him from playing well. I would give Moore more playing time but bring him off the bench. Start Ray but get him out early if he plays like he did last night. Give Pietrus more time and give Moore a shot. You will need them anyway if we win game 7 for next series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Ray is not himself. He is doing the best he can but injuries are keeping him from playing well. I would give Moore more playing time but bring him off the bench. Start Ray but get him out early if he plays like he did last night. Give Pietrus more time and give Moore a shot. You will need them anyway if we win game 7 for next series.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]
    I agree, Moore is young and with the veteran around him and most importantly Rondo he may be able to make Philly pay if they double Pierce and Garnett.  Rondo has to be more aggressive offensively for him to get open.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]Ray was 4-11 with 3 rebs, 6 fouls, no blocks, no steals, and no assists in 25 minutes. And he played terrible defense. Doc Rivers is an idiot.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Rondo: 4-14, 4 TO's, and only two steals.  Doc is an idiot too.
    Bass: 2-12, only 5 reboounds, no steals, no block.  Doc is an idiot again too

Bench total: 60 plus minutes, only 10 rebounds, only 5 points, zero blocks, no steals, etc.  Doc is an idiot again too.

Oh wait....who should Doc play more?   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Pavlovic seems to be way down the bench at this point, so I really doubt he gets the start but I do think they could use his 3 point shooting.  With Ray struggling so much with his shot, and Pietrus being so inconsistent, Bradley being out, etc.... they are really lacking for shooters, maybe Sasha could help.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why you all think that Pavlvic would solve the outside shooting?  Pavlvic already played approximately 10 years in NBA and his career 3 point shooting is around 35% compare to Allen = 40%.  And this year Allen is 45% while Pavlvic is 29%.  Meaning Pavlvic is having a career low shooting on the threes during the regular season. 

So you all think he would suddenly will shoot a whole alot better than Allen?

Last nite, the defense was not the problem, it was the offense.  Like Rondo mentioned in his media interview saying, " we are fine with defense, but we totally stunk on offense".  I agree with him!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Why you all think that Pavlvic would solve the outside shooting?  Pavlvic already played approximately 10 years in NBA and his career 3 point shooting is around 35% compare to Allen = 40%.  And this year Allen is 45% while Pavlvic is 29%.  Meaning Pavlvic is having a career low shooting on the threes during the regular season.  So you all think he would suddenly will shoot a whole alot better than Allen? Last nite, the defense was not the problem, it was the offense.  Like Rondo mentioned in his media interview saying, " we are fine with defense, but we totally stunk on offense".  I agree with him!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Ray's career numbers and really his numbers from this season are not that relevant now.  It is plain to see that he is not himself right now, he is even struggling from the FT line. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Jo Jo White was at the Hingham Dunkin Donuts the other day...I think he can still stop and pop. BANG!!! (add your own Johny Most voiceover)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Why you all think that Pavlvic would solve the outside shooting?  Pavlvic already played approximately 10 years in NBA and his career 3 point shooting is around 35% compare to Allen = 40%.  And this year Allen is 45% while Pavlvic is 29%.  Meaning Pavlvic is having a career low shooting on the threes during the regular season.  So you all think he would suddenly will shoot a whole alot better than Allen? Last nite, the defense was not the problem, it was the offense.  Like Rondo mentioned in his media interview saying, " we are fine with defense, but we totally stunk on offense".  I agree with him!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    The point is what is Ray shooting now from the three line.  Really are you kidding? Ray is severely injured and can't even set his feet properly under him. There is no arguement that we all would prefer regular season Ray to the present playoffs Ray.  Ray is almost useless the last several games. Moore or Pavlovic have a much better chance unless Ray miraculously recovers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

at least Sasha over pietrus..Pietrus is a 50/50...he can be cold..he can be on fire..but lately, over the past many months, he has been turkey cold

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Pietres, with all due respect, would have trouble hitting the Atlantic from the No Name Restaurant Loft

Sections
Shortcuts