Speed Up the Process!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Speed Up the Process!!!

I don't care at who's expense it is,  give Sullinger 30 mintues a game.  It obvious he has game.  He is our best rebounder IMO.  He will struggle , just like now he struggles at times.  Don't care,  the more he plays the sooner he figures out how to play.  He is a intelligent player so he will learn what he needs to do and how to be successful against guys with more ability. The number one thing is he works hard.  Maybe even as hard as KG.  His positives will outweight his negatives I believe.  I already see so many young guys that are being successful in the pro leauge.  I don't see a reason why Sully can't do that as well.

Go to ripping.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Speed Up the Process!!!

Doc figured it out when necessity dictated.

RA went down and forced doc's hand.

So who has to go down now for Sully to get PT?

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sully is a weapon but not the big man that can spell Garnett or play alongside Garnett.  This is the problem. The Bucks clogged the middle and we could not respond.  We are loaded everywhere but upfront.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The rebounds were 46 for the Bucks and 36 for the Celtics.  The Celtics missed a ton of shots and still could not rebound.  This points to my previous post above concerning a big man.  Wilcox could help a lot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully is a weapon but not the big man that can spell Garnett or play alongside Garnett.  This is the problem. The Bucks clogged the middle and we could not respond.  We are loaded everywhere but upfront.

[/QUOTE]
    You may be right.  If we continue to struggle, Ainge may indeed trade for another big man.  Not sure when this will happen, but it is definitely a possibility.  Speaking of big men, it was nice to see fans in NY chanting Rasheed towards the end of the game.   It is nice to see him back in the NBA.  I have always been a fan of his. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I also like what im seein from sully, but I think people are over looking bbass, hes a very consistent offensive player and his defense is very underrated. 

Synergy stats show, bbass as one of the best defenders in the league Bass is viewed as a stretch-4, a big who can shoot and stretch defenses because of it. But, according to Synergy Sports, Brandon Bass gave up 0.69 points per possession last season, good for 16th in the league. He was 14th in the league in isolation plays (0.58 PPP), 7th in post plays (0.56 PPP) and second in pick and rolls where his man got the ball (0.58 PPP)

I know many dont buy into stats, but its hard to argue when in every defensive category (iso,post,pick and rolls) hes rated very highly. Thats not a coincedence. The only weakness in bbass game is rebounding and shot blocking, and even there he is still adequate (avgd 6.2 rpg and 1 bpg). Hes an exceptional positional defender and a great perimeter shooter. 

I think yesterdays split is where it should be 28-30 minutes for bbass and around 18-20 minutes for sully.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sully is not a backup Center... he deserves more mins alongside KG than Bass... but not alongside Bass or Green as a 5

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Bass isn't making the choice any easier for Doc as he has played well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

We have the bigs.  Why not slide Garnett back to his natural spot at 4 and start Darko at 5.  Then Green at small forward and Pierce at 2 Guard.  Bass spells Garnett.  Sully next off the bench and Pierce plays a few less minutes so Lee and Terry see some action.  I didn't get a chance to see Darko play any defense in the preseason.  Can he do it?

I dunno, seems reasonable to me if Darko can rotate and move his feet.

Go huge at first then tweak down to smaller lineups.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I don't think there are any easy answers at this point.  But I too would like to see Sully get some more minutes. 

The problem is that except for Bass (& I agree with Gman on this) and sometimes KG, no one is really playig their game.  Certainly not JET:  you saw him excell in garbage time last night--that's how he should be playing when it counts.

Rondo needs to forget about his stat line and get everyone else involved--think pass first score later, do what the game calls for and what the team needs--that's what leading is all about.

I hope these problems don't settle in but get addressed and corerected straight away, or we'll be in trouble with a capital T.

Ya can't look at much can ya, Man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Looks like they listened to you!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully is not a backup Center... he deserves more mins alongside KG than Bass... but not alongside Bass or Green as a 5

[/QUOTE]
    yes..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

ESPN's box scores say we have played 5 PF's, 3 SG's, 1 SF and 1 PG tonight...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

The lasting impression I will take away from this game will be that of Rondo late in the 4th with a dwindling lead making a lazy, lethargic, cross-court pass that was easily stolen.

If that's the tone that's going to be set by the player expected to set the tone then we're going to get a tone-deaf game from this Celtic's  team.

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Yes Bass can stretch the floor but so can KG. I dont like having both a center and pf looking to stretch the floor at the same time, except in maybe a game time situation. Sullinger provides a low post game and rebounding, this is why i feel he should start along side Kg and have bass come off the bench. Sometimes this team gets jump shot happy and takes way too many of them, we need someone who doesnt mind putting their back to the basket. KG can but doesnt always likes to, especially when he is fatigued.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

I knew it would come eventually, but lets just hope it lasts. I hope Doc has faith and that he doesnt send him back to the bench for weeks after struggling on defense in one game.

19. This post has been removed.