Spurs Big Three play Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Spurs Big Three play Tonight

JO practiced today and from what I hear he went hard most of the time.  With the big three feeling the heat to play as they should, this should help, Oneal is the Celtics best shot blocker and his experience should allow him to make a good contribution right off the bat.  Basketball people will be able appreciate his efforts but this blog at times makes me wonder why I bother.  Rebels and others , where are you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Some meat added to the heap

Oh I'm in the minority who knew once he had his surgery that he would be able to contribute.  I'm glad to hear he had a good practice!  It's just a matter of time before that carries over to the games!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

He has a ton of talent, still. I was one who thought he was cooked. I'd be happy to admit I was wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Some meat added to the heap:
    [QUOTE]Oh I'm in the minority who knew once he had his surgery that he would be able to contribute.  I'm glad to hear he had a good practice!  It's just a matter of time before that carries over to the games!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  And now is the perfect time for him to get better.  I thought they would be able to rotate the O'Neals. But Shaq has been out longer than I thought.  I have not yet given up on the #1 seed in the East, or a better record than the lakers!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Great news to have JO back! Now all we need is Shaq, and we are set.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some meat added to the heap : Agreed.  And now is the perfect time for him to get better.  I thought they would be able to rotate the O'Neals. But Shaq has been out longer than I thought.  I have not yet given up on the #1 seed in the East, or a better record than the lakers!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
        Good attitude Hedley. The Bulls are well within reach and the C's have a game against them in a week or two. Hopefully Shaq will be back a few games before that game. It could be for the Eastern Conference #1 spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

When healthy jo is a good big to have off the bench, if we can get 10-15 minutes a game out of him he will be a lift defensively, hes a very good weakside shot blocker and good rebounder.  We need any bigs we can get right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I've never badmouthed JO on this board, although I've had my doubts as to whether he'd be able to contribute on a regular basis and did factor him in some trades earlier on in the year.
    Having fessed up, I'm glad to see him practicing with the team and hope that knee doesn't swell on him for the rest of the year.
    Certainly, we need him in the lineup for D & boards.  Any scoring would be a bonus.
    Hope this is the start of good news coming our way as far as our roster getting healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wafe had a good pratice too, so atleast we have a guy on the bench now besides Green who can drive to the hole and get some easy buckets...  Is Murphy obsolete now?  Remember up until a couple years ago, JON has been strictly a PF and can still backup K.G. too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytroll. Show kytroll's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I'm in the minority who knew once he had his surgery that he would be able to contribute.  I'm glad to hear he had a good practice!  It's just a matter of time before that carries over to the games!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Not only do you have really nice hair, you are the perfect Celtic fan. JO wasn't that bad earlier this year. Before that he was very good for Miami until the playoffs. He's only 32. I don't think he has more than a couple months to a couple years left in his knees, but it's sounding like he has at least enough left to make a profound difference this year when it matters most. Maybe JO's knees can succeed where Sheed's back couldn't. Let us all pray for JO's knees.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im glad JON is back...if for no other reason than we need a big body out there.

The time JON has played for the C's hasnt been all that great. Hes had a few decent games but for the most part hes been very slow moving and out of synch.

On the bright side, his injury could have been the reason he wasnt looking so hot., Sounds like he did well in practice, no swelling or pain and is in pretty good shape. 

Would be nice to see him contributing, we can really use it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I said all along JO was an insurance policy.  What I didn't know is that Shaq would miss more than half the season and Perk would be traded.  So now he's become more important than I ever envisioned he would.  

JO played ok in stretches earlier in the season.  For the C's to have any chance to get out of the east, they will need Shaq and JO to give them solid minutes.  I'll try to be optimistic, but something tells me that we can only realistically expect so much from these guys.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

The  Celts  will  be  in  good  shape  if  they  can  get  20  good  minutes  from  Shaq, about  18  productive  minutes  from  JO  and  Krstic  gives  us  10  good  minutes.  Also  a  plus  will  be  Wafer  returning  and  DW  healing  from  his  minor  injuries.  And  if  Rondo  can  return  to  playing  as  he  did  in  the  beginning  of  the  season, the  Celts  will  be  very  difficult  to  beat.  Also, with  players  returning  to  the  lineup, I  expect  Doc  to  start  giving  the  Big  3  some  much  deserved  rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

glad to see JO back. everyone was so quick to put him down when he had clean up surgery...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Everybody keep their fingers crossed.  We have a serious O'Neal shortage and we may be 50% back.
    Concerning the other half of the Big Equation, nobody knows.  It seems his achilles tendon has its own timetable at this point.

...whether he (Shaq) returns for a regular-season game or waits until the playoffs is anyone’s guess.

“I don’t have any idea,” Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said after watching the workout by O’Neal, who is attempting to recover from a sore right Achilles tendon. “It could be a week or two weeks.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_0331shaq_still_stay-at-home_guy/

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

JO said he wanted to have extended minutes

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Spurs Big Three play Tonight

WHEE reports that the big three for the spurs will all play the Celtics tonight

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Play better against good teams

I hope that they do paly, we play better against good teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Spurs Big Three play Tonight

Top team brought out our best

Sections
Shortcuts