Spurs on Lifesupport

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Spurs on Lifesupport

Who watched game 5?
    The Spurs willed themselves to this win at the end of regulation.  Don't know
    if they can pull this series out, but if they do, they will be gassed against the Thunder. 
    I'll be surprised if the make it to the Division Finals.
    Old teams need more rest.
    Glad we got the week off.
    Subscribed to NBA tv.  Great to have when out of the States.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Spurs on Lifesupport

How did they "WILL" themselves to this win? What exactly does that mean, anyway...

I saw the end of regulation (half asleep) but Ginobli's baseline heave had nothing to do with "will", it had to do with pure luck, as he admitted post game.  Ginobli is maybe my favorite player thats not a Celtic but that was a prayer he chucked up..

Neals tying 3, well he deserved it... got open and took a good shot.

Dont forget the 07 Celtics were pushed to the limit their title year... Two 7 games series to start the playoffs... followed by two 6 game series..

Even last year, lots of long series...

I dont think the SPurs will suffer much because of long series, but they are in a bad match up for them... will be tough to come back from 1-3, now 2-3..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I don't see the Spurs winning this series, but I suppose anything is possible. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs on Lifesupport:
    How did they "WILL" themselves to this win? What exactly does that mean, anyway... I saw the end of regulation (half asleep) but Ginobli's baseline heave had nothing to do with "will", it had to do with pure luck, as he admitted post game.  Ginobli is maybe my favorite player thats not a Celtic but that was a prayer he chucked up.. Neals tying 3, well he deserved it... got open and took a good shot. Dont forget the 07 Celtics were pushed to the limit their title year... Two 7 games series to start the playoffs... followed by two 6 game series.. Even last year, lots of long series... I dont think the SPurs will suffer much because of long series, but they are in a bad match up for them... will be tough to come back from 1-3, now 2-3..
    Posted by Karllost

And the cycle goes on...... bad teams get really good draft picks and rise, good teams get c rap from the draft and can win for a long time with some very good players but the cycle comes to an end at some point, so the Spurs win for a long time - get c rap from the draft and eventually fail, the Grizz keep adding players at the top of the draft and drum roll please.... rise to the top........  Conley, Gay, Mayo are top 10 picks - they have added some nice players and eventually they could go up against Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Collison plus a few other players........

Bad teams get great players, good teams get c rap....... and the cycle continues................so the Spurs are pretty much near the end.........  Pop will very soon forget how to coach.... remember when Shaq was in Miami but needed surgery and Pat Riley decided to have surgery at the same time because his team was going to lose about 20 straight games?  No sense in adding those losses to Riley's record so a good time to have surgery........

One amazing stat, Jackson is going for his 4th (fourff) 3 peat (which he will not get)... he would never being going for his 4th 3peat had Michael not been suspended.... da Bulls would have won 8 in a row had Michael not decided to play baseball.... lmao.... 4 3peats...... or an 8peat and 2 3peats...............  byebye Phils with all your I can only win if I have 3 of the best players in the league............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs on Lifesupport : And the cycle goes on...... bad teams get really good draft picks and rise, good teams get c rap from the draft and can win for a long time with some very good players but the cycle comes to an end at some point, so the Spurs win for a long time - get c rap from the draft and eventually fail, the Grizz keep adding players at the top of the draft and drum roll please.... rise to the top........  Conley, Gay, Mayo are top 10 picks - they have added some nice players and eventually they could go up against Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Collison plus a few other players........ Bad teams get great players, good teams get c rap....... and the cycle continues................so the Spurs are pretty much near the end.........  Pop will very soon forget how to coach.... remember when Shaq was in Miami but needed surgery and Pat Riley decided to have surgery at the same time because his team was going to lose about 20 straight games?  No sense in adding those losses to Riley's record so a good time to have surgery........ One amazing stat, Jackson is going for his 4th (fourff) 3 peat (which he will not get)... he would never being going for his 4th 3peat had Michael not been suspended.... da Bulls would have won 8 in a row had Michael not decided to play baseball.... lmao.... 4 3peats...... or an 8peat and 2 3peats...............  byebye Phils with all your I can only win if I have 3 of the best players in the league............
    Posted by TheDUDDER

What happened to the 30 point win you predicted for the Heat - you don't know jack!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Breaktime, I watched the game.  Exciting game that Game 5.  Truly great game.  

Karl, Ginobli may have had some luck but you have to admit that it wasn't a total heave.  He squared up and shot it with great spin and a nice arc.  Ask him if he was trying to make it and if he shot it with a high arc and spin toward the basket.  Its not total luck then.  Players say these things like "I was lucky" but some of that is humility. Some of that has to do with athletic ability to get the shot off and mental focus to know that he had to have an open spot to shoot.  We gotta give him some credit on that.

The "will" was continuing the fight through the bad things, playing good D, executing the play Pop called to get the quick 2 (Ginobli back door with a pass from Duncan), and Gary Neal executing the play to get a nice open 3.  All of those are "will to win", right???  And Parker's performance in OT....THAT was impressive.   He scored almost every point for them and shot something like 4 for 5 or 5 for 6.  Great Great Great game. 

Odds are against the Spurs and they are in fact on life support (good description), but they need one win in Memphis and the whole complexion of who's the favorite will change.  I'm pulling for the Spurs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Yes, Breaktime, I watched the game.  Exciting game that Game 5.  Truly great game.   Karl, Ginobli may have had some luck but you have to admit that it wasn't a total heave.  He squared up and shot it with great spin and a nice arc.  Ask him if he was trying to make it and if he shot it with a high arc and spin toward the basket.  Its not total luck then.  Players say these things like "I was lucky" but some of that is humility. Some of that has to do with athletic ability to get the shot off and mental focus to know that he had to have an open spot to shoot.  We gotta give him some credit on that. The "will" was continuing the fight through the bad things, playing good D, executing the play Pop called to get the quick 2 (Ginobli back door with a pass from Duncan), and Gary Neal executing the play to get a nice open 3.  All of those are "will to win", right???  And Parker's performance in OT....THAT was impressive.   He scored almost every point for them and shot something like 4 for 5 or 5 for 6.  Great Great Great game.  Odds are against the Spurs and they are in fact on life support (good description), but they need one win in Memphis and the whole complexion of who's the favorite will change.  I'm pulling for the Spurs.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Nah, I dont buy that logic.

Notice much of your description includes the word "execute"..  They executed and got a little luck to boot.' 

Does willing yourself to a win include the opposing team ignoring its coaches instructions to guard outside the 3 line, not inside... and the players dont?

TO me, willing a team to a win is really like a player like Larry, MJ etc taking over a game and doing everything to push his team to victory..  Down 8 with 3 mins to go.. grabbing all the boards, drilling jumpers, defending, stealing .. you know the drill..

Manu said postgame that he didnt even see the rim when he chucked up the shot, that he got lucky. Now give him credit he judged about where the hoop was and threw it up there and it went in. 

I call luck when something takes place that isnt planned, thats not part of your routine, that odds are if you tried it 10 more times in a row it wouldnt work...luck. He gets credit for making it but to suggest luck wasnt more a part than anything... well, I just dont buy it.

ps/ Villanova :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

Thunder will slice through either team considering Rudy Gay is out and Richard Jefferson is a fat slob. KD breaks his 41-pt playoff high....twice

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't know who on either team can match up with durant.  The only guy who's really suited to stop him just went out with the hornets...trevor ariza.  I suppose artest/barnes might do ok if they play the lakers.  Maybe kobe in some spots.

If the c's were to play the thunder in the finals I wouldn't be surprised to see green on him quite a bit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The Spurs wore themselves out in the regular season. Now they are playing like everyone expected them to before the season started.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't know who on either team can match up with durant.  The only guy who's really suited to stop him just went out with the hornets...trevor ariza.  I suppose artest/barnes might do ok if they play the lakers.  Maybe kobe in some spots. If the c's were to play the thunder in the finals I wouldn't be surprised to see green on him quite a bit.
    Posted by cole-ely

Agreed.  Durant is a nightmare!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs on Lifesupport : Nah, I dont buy that logic. Notice much of your description includes the word "execute"..  They executed and got a little luck to boot.'  Does willing yourself to a win include the opposing team ignoring its coaches instructions to guard outside the 3 line, not inside... and the players dont? TO me, willing a team to a win is really like a player like Larry, MJ etc taking over a game and doing everything to push his team to victory..  Down 8 with 3 mins to go.. grabbing all the boards, drilling jumpers, defending, stealing .. you know the drill.. Manu said postgame that he didnt even see the rim when he chucked up the shot, that he got lucky. Now give him credit he judged about where the hoop was and threw it up there and it went in.  I call luck when something takes place that isnt planned, thats not part of your routine, that odds are if you tried it 10 more times in a row it wouldnt work...luck. He gets credit for making it but to suggest luck wasnt more a part than anything... well, I just dont buy it. ps/ Villanova :)
    Posted by Karllost

Read what I said.  I didn't say luck wasn't a part of it but I said it wasn't all luck.  It was him knowing working to find a place to get an open shot and judging where he had to put the ball up.  Parker's performance in the OT was a superior player stepping up an just taking over.  

We'll have to disagree, Karl.  There is always some luck involved, but clearly the Spurs fought through a lot of adversity and a lot of problems to still eek out a win.  That's what they are doing tonight. Memphis is outplaying them, but they fought back and through all of the physical play, they are down 3 at the half.  I don't know if SA will win, but I personally see a LOT of will power going on (its certainly not just "skill" so it has to be will power and fighting through it).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Thunder will slice through either team considering Rudy Gay is out and Richard Jefferson is a fat slob. KD breaks his 41-pt playoff high....twice
    Posted by IanJB

That's right, Jefferson is a punk.  He's the biggest flop in the playoffs.  He has given his team NOTHING!!!!!!!   He's a complete waste out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Stick a fork in them......

Sections
Shortcuts