Spurs on the verge of elimination

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Spurs on the verge of elimination

The Grizzlies have the Spurs on the ropes with a 104-86 victory tonight. The Grizzlies have a 3-1 lead.
        Wow, a number 8 seed ousting a nuber 1 seed doesn't happen very often. The last time I recall it happenning was about 3 or 4 years ago when the Warriors ousted Dallas.
          The Spurs played poorly the last month so I'm not surprised. It ain't over til it's over as Yogi Berra says, but it's looking grim in San Antonio.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Spurs on the verge of elimination

Huge win for the Grizz.

It's not over, but having to win 3 in a row to avoid elimination is one of the toughest asks in Basketball. Spurs could do it, but I doubt it.

I like The Spurs but it's good to see a younger team having some success.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Grizz are playing inspired basketball I am happy for them

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I don't like it because I thought this Spurs team though old had a decent shot at beating the Lakers because they would have had home court. And the Lakers always seem to have trouble with Duncan and Parker. I hate to say it but this helps the Lakers get closer to tying us with 17 titles. I don't see anybody in the west beating them now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs on the verge of elimination:
    [QUOTE]I don't like it because I thought this Spurs team though old had a decent shot at beating the Lakers because they would have had home court. And the Lakers always seem to have trouble with Duncan and Parker. I hate to say it but this helps the Lakers get closer to tying us with 17 titles. I don't see anybody in the west beating them now.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Oklahoma City Will Beat Them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs on the verge of elimination : Oklahoma City Will Beat Them.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]
    And if not, the C's will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'm not counting the Spurs out, but as a veteran team, the less rest they get between series (assuming they win the next 3 games), the worse off they're going to be as the playoffs progress.
    Remember last year when we had the Magic down 3-0, and then had to play another 3 games before we advanced to the Finals.  Nobody talks much about how much that series took out of us, but I'm convinced it was just as costly as losing Perk in game 6.
    Six days off before Miami.
    That is going to help us a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What on earth do you mean? The Grizzlies playing like they are will beat the Lakers easily. Nobody wants to play the Grizz not even the Thunder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I want to say the Nuggets beat a No. 1 some years back ... I have this image of Dikembe Mutumbo clutching the ball on the floor at the end of the game.

Never say never, but I can't see the Spurs coming back. They look slow and old against the Grizzlies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The Spurs are a fluke!  I  have been saying it.  They play no defense.  The fact they had the best record only speaks to the weak defense played in the west and they allow Bonner to go off shooting 3's the minute pay you attention to Duncan.  In the East, we defend *thank you*  and in Boston we close out on 3 pt shooters and when we played them Bonner did nothing.  Duncan showed his age, and is getting shutdown by Gasol, who looks like a fine defensive rock out there...*would love to have him*

I wonder where laker-nation 32 is and his b.s. western supremacy theory...lol

L.A. and the Spurs, the cream of the crop are being taken down by , ,,....drum roll....Defensive teams....because Memphis got T.A. from us...they are taking out the top seed in the west.  Same with OKC, they have one of ours...a guy who knows defense and will put them in the finals....Soo, basically 2 guys from the celtics who werent wanted are shifting things in the west, bringing defense to a conference that doesnt know the word and things are changing....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

You are right about the Nuggets. They beat Seattle, ironically when George Karl coached the Sonics. Huge upset, just like the Grizz over the Spurs has been so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

The spurs are done IMO. They are just not the same team from the years before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Beating the fakers? the fakers are 1 and done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Grizz are playing lights out.  They are quicker, more athletic and more physical than the Spurs.  Also, the Spurs are getting nothing out of Richard Jefferson.  Just think how much better the Grizz would be if they had Rudy Gay healthy.

The Grizz winning isn't helping the Lakers.  OKC was going to beat the Spurs in the second round anyway and who is to say the Lakers will get past NOLA, let alone Dallas (considering Kobe's injury).

I honestly would not be surprised to see OKC coming out of the west.  And that would be truly amazing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Seeing how pathetic the Spurs looked made me feel really good about the Celtics! The Spurs are old and finished! What sucks is that if the Mavs somehow squeak into the finals (almost impossible) they would have homecourt against us. Are we hoping for a OKC-BOS final to open up in Boston? Or bring on the Kobekids to whip their azz again!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

This series will be like the Lakers and Phoenix series in 2006 and the piston and magic series in 2004...  spurs gonna win in 7...  memphis gonna choke at home in game 6 and spurs gonna rout them in game 7...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]What on earth do you mean? The Grizzlies playing like they are will beat the Lakers easily. Nobody wants to play the Grizz not even the Thunder.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I believe that Memphis and Oklahoma City will advance to the next round.   This should be a very competitive series and I would also would give the edge to Memphis.    They are really playing exceptional basketball now.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]This series will be like the Lakers and Phoenix series in 2006 and the piston and magic series in 2004...  spurs gonna win in 7...  memphis gonna choke at home in game 6 and spurs gonna rout them in game 7...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn[/QUOTE]

Or Celtics/Philly in 1981

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Grizz have a big front line, like the Lakers. they also have Tony and Battier to guard 3s and 2s. They will be a tough match up for anyone.

Sections
Shortcuts