Spurs vs. Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Spurs vs. Celtics

In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : obviously, but rays bricks havent helped either and have given the spurs more possessions
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

You do realize Ray is 0 for 2, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : Yea, man, those two misses by Ray have REALLY hurt us.  They might have only scored 50 instead of 54 if he had hit his two shots!!!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

it was an 8 point swing..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : You do realize Ray is 0 for 2, right?

yea and both shots were dumb.....get into the paint if you're cold

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

They have currently 9(!) players who scored more than 4 points, they're deep man!
    If I have to place a bet on who wins it all, it's on the Spurs. Just calling it like it see it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]They have currently 9(!) players who scored more than 4 points, they're deep man! If I have to place a bet on who wins it all, it's on the Spurs. Just calling it like it see it.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

spurs are a 1st round exit....they will get run out of the gym by any of the young teams they face

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

a wide open 15 foot shot by Ray Allen is a dumb shot?   8 point swing?  So all of our other misses meant nothing?  Celtics have missed 22 shots, 2 by Ray but its all Ray's misses that caused an 8 point swing?

You're not even being logical now.  You're just being emotional and you really need to get a grip, man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : spurs are a 1st round exit....they will get run out of the gym by any of the young teams they face

I'll take the Fierce bet with you on that one.  If the SPurs get bounced int he first round, I'll not post for 5 months.  If they win in the first round, you stop posting for 5 months.  Deal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]a wide open 15 foot shot by Ray Allen is a dumb shot?   8 point swing?  So all of our other misses meant nothing?  Celtics have missed 22 shots, 2 by Ray but its all Ray's misses that caused an 8 point swing?  You're not even being logical now.  You're just being emotional and you really need to get a grip, man.

being logical is going with the hot hand.....bradley has 11 off the bench....maybe more if he started

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : spurs are a 1st round exit....they will get run out of the gym by any of the young teams they face

I'll take that bet!
    If you can score with ease in the paint like the Spurs, you'll win.
    Running is overrated in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : I'll take the Fierce bet with you on that one.  If the SPurs get bounced int he first round, I'll not post for 5 months.  If they win in the first round, you stop posting for 5 months.  Deal?

haha no cuz anything can happen....espescially with all the man love the refs give the spurs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Need to get physical with the Spurs. Problem is we don't have anyone to do that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : I'll take that bet! If you can score with ease in the paint like the Spurs, you'll win. Running is overrated in the playoffs.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

im not betting anything, im saying that is whats going to happen and it has happened before.....i guess they could be like the mavericks of last year and have their bench get hot at the right times....but i dont see that happening

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : being logical is going with the hot hand.....bradley has 11 off the bench....maybe more if he started

We started off with a 5 point lead before they started hitting everything under the sun, mostly against our bench.  Even Tommy noticed they were doing all the damage with their bench.   28 of their 59 points are coming from their bench.  These guys are just deep.   That's why team beat OKC, Miami, and Chicago.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Need to get physical with the Spurs. Problem is we don't have anyone to do that
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

stiemsma would if the refs didnt call a foul every time he looks at someone the wrong way

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Any chance the refs are putting Ray off?

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

I think we're lucky to be down by only 11 ...... Maybe the Spurs will shoot 45% instead of 55% in the 2nd half!  haha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Any chance the refs are putting Ray off?
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

no, ray is putting ray off

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : stiemsma would if the refs didnt call a foul every time he looks at someone the wrong way

Agree but stills means we have no one

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Just hating, man!   You gotta look at the whole game and see what's happening.  Spurs will cool off and we have to make our run then.  I expect the Celts to come back with KG and Paul both playing better in the second half.   I expect Parker to have a better half, as well, however.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

team energy/chemistry goes out the window

doc is like francona..STUBBORN

10-1  WO RA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Many times we shoot 45-50% and can win despite losing the rebound battle which we probably do 90% of the time. As a team can't consistently shoot 50%, they can get 2nd chances. Game 7 vs. Lakers 2 years ago they shot 32% but won the rebound battle. Tonight we are 28/17 in rebounds so they have had 11 more chances & they are scoring almost at will in the paint. Not Sherlock Holmes here as this has been discussed ad infinitum in many posts, the only need we need in the off season is to find 2-3 big men and if all in the draft, so be it !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Just hating, man!   You gotta look at the whole game and see what's happening.  Spurs will cool off and we have to make our run then.  I expect the Celts to come back with KG and Paul both playing better in the second half.   I expect Parker to have a better half, as well, however.   

i apologize for being blunt about this.....but i just feel the celtics should have traded ray....he obviously doesnt fit in with their scheme now....i appreciate all he has done for the celtics....but i think its past time to move on from him for the better of the team

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : i apologize for being blunt about this.....but i just feel the celtics should have traded ray....he obviously doesnt fit in with their scheme now....i appreciate all he has done for the celtics....but i think its past time to move on from him for the better of the team

Ray will be valuable to a contending team, like Derek Fisher is to OKC, who can rebound and toss the ball out to him. WE CAN"T !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : stiemsma would if the refs didnt call a foul every time he looks at someone the wrong way

If Stiemsma can't block he usually makes a foul, he moves his feet rather slow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : i apologize for being blunt about this.....but i just feel the celtics should have traded ray....he obviously doesnt fit in with their scheme now....i appreciate all he has done for the celtics....but i think its past time to move on from him for the better of the team

Its good to be blunt.  Many folks agree with you.  That's ok.  I don't.

I just want you to be objective about this game and see that this game is not about Ray - its about the total team effort and your comment that we were down largely due to the 2 misses Ray had was sort of rediculous to be blunt about it.

Maybe its time to move on from Ray......but in that first half, it was about how the SPurs were shooting, not about Ray (nor any other one player on our team).

Sections
Shortcuts