Spurs vs. Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Spurs vs. Celtics

In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics:
    [QUOTE]Actually the poor free throw shooting cost us the game.  6-11?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

11 FT is a product of playing like vaginas on offense and settling for jumpers after basically locking down the Spurs on offense the 2nd half. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We expend all this energy running and attacking the rim to get back into the game only to rely on jump shot after jump shot at the most critical of times.  Every time we got it to one possession or were in a position to extend our lead, KG (twice), PP and Rondo took early ill-advised jump shots with nobody underneath.

I cannot believe PP at the end.  He's got Duncan on him and he takes an off-balance, off the wrong foot fallaway jumper that never had a chance the milli-second it left his hand?  How can you not "FORCE" that to the rim?

And what was KG and Rondo doing on the inbounds play?  Honestly wasn't that a violation?  How can KG inbound the ball and be the first to touch it?  Rondo let it roll all the way across the half court line without touching it.  Only for KG to get it and make a lazy pass for a turnover.  Amazing and at the most critical of times.

I don't know how many times I yelled "what are you doing" during the 4th quarter.  Frustrating game that we could not afford to squander going into Chicago tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : The play clearly wasn't for Paul to do that.  The play broke down so Paul decided he'd go one on one with Duncan!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, the play clearly wasn't for Paul, it's the same play Doc runs at the end of every quarter, every half and every game, iso for Paul and he makes one out of every 50!! Surely Doc is smart enough to learn anorher play!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

with a warmed up ray, we win this game. like the fact AB got 34 minutes off the bench though. means pietrus will get pavlovic's numbers when he returns (15 minutes per game) and ray should be under 40 on most nights with bass under 30. love the idea of playing small with rondo and avery together, ray and pp at the forwards and kg at center... thats a lineup that will give teams a lot of fits in the playoffs and down the stretch. having peaches willl give us another priece when we choose to go big with pp at the point with ray, peaches, bass and kg or steimsma in the game!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]We expend all this energy running and attacking the rim to get back into the game only to rely on jump shot after jump shot at the most critical of times.  Every time we got it to one possession or were in a position to extend our lead, KG (twice), PP and Rondo took early ill-advised jump shots with nobody underneath. I cannot believe PP at the end.  He's got Duncan on him and he takes an off-balance, off the wrong foot fallaway jumper that never had a chance the milli-second it left his hand?  How can you not "FORCE" that to the rim? And what was KG and Rondo doing on the inbounds play?  Honestly wasn't that a violation?  How can KG inbound the ball and be the first to touch it?  Rondo let it roll all the way across the half court line without touching it.  Only for KG to get it and make a lazy pass for a turnover.  Amazing and at the most critical of times. I don't know how many times I yelled " what are you doing " during the 4th quarter.  Frustrating game that we could not afford to squander going into Chicago tomorrow.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Post game interview with Doc: Asked about Ray starting and being "rusty" ........ "it was when we first subbed for the starters is when they made there run"...... Defending RAY or himself?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]We expend all this energy running and attacking the rim to get back into the game only to rely on jump shot after jump shot at the most critical of times.  Every time we got it to one possession or were in a position to extend our lead, KG (twice), PP and Rondo took early ill-advised jump shots with nobody underneath. I cannot believe PP at the end.  He's got Duncan on him and he takes an off-balance, off the wrong foot fallaway jumper that never had a chance the milli-second it left his hand?  How can you not "FORCE" that to the rim? And what was KG and Rondo doing on the inbounds play?  Honestly wasn't that a violation?  How can KG inbound the ball and be the first to touch it?  Rondo let it roll all the way across the half court line without touching it.  Only for KG to get it and make a lazy pass for a turnover.  Amazing and at the most critical of times. I don't know how many times I yelled " what are you doing " during the 4th quarter.  Frustrating game that we could not afford to squander going into Chicago tomorrow.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

agreed. I was yelling at the TV myself. especially on that last play. I was yelling "Don't get the ball to Pierce, don't get the ball to Pierce!" and when they did I yelled out a few expletives then did so again after he took the shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Poor old PP, he can't get past the fact that he will never be the player or the closer that Kobe Bean is!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : agreed. I was yelling at the TV myself. especially on that last play. I was yelling "Don't get the ball to Pierce, don't get the ball to Pierce!" and when they did I yelled out a few expletives then did so again after he took the shot.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

LOL

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i didnt get to see the game tonight guys, from the thread it looks like it was a heartbreaker? 

how did the Ray Allen start go?
    did Rondo fall asleep and let Tony Parker kill him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you guys now understand why it's better to play the lottery than get frustrated every time something like this happens.  The Celts will tease us with some great wins then come crashing down like tonight. Since the new Big 3 era, the Celts always had win streaks of more than 5 games every season. This season the Celts' longest win streak is 5.  Tomorrow the Celts will lose to the Bulls again. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

How is losing a nail biter to one of the best teams in the league crashing down...
    Please, I don't follow your line of thinking..help me out...Fierce your negativity amazes me...I for one am not frustrated. They played well, but made some mistakes at the end. We are playing with the elite teams. If we got blown out, i would understand, but that's clearly not the case..This team is awesome...Don't be surprised if this was an early peak at the Finals..(but we are too vulnerable in the middle).Those second chance shots killed us...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : How is losing a nail biter to one of the best teams in the league crashing down... 
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Because you were playing at home against a team on the 2nd of it's back to back schedule and Boston was riding it's longest winning streak of the season...that's how you came crashing down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you guys now understand why it's better to play the lottery than get frustrated every time something like this happens.  The Celts will tease us with some great wins then come crashing down like tonight. Since the new Big 3 era, the Celts always had win streaks of more than 5 games every season. This season the Celts' longest win streak is 5.  Tomorrow the Celts will lose to the Bulls again. 

I hope that you are wrong.  Very disappointing loss last night and I really hope that they can win tonight's game. Considering how the Spurs were dominating the game, it was amazing that the Celtics had a chance of winning this game. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : I hope that you are wrong.  Very disappointing loss last night and I really hope that they can win tonight's game. Considering how the Spurs were dominating the game, it was amazing that the Celtics had a chance of winning this game. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    Everybody's freakin disappointed/depressed/angry about last nights loss.  That includes the writers at BDC.  They haven't posted any articles about last night's game yet.  Still have the blog from last night up.
    One of the points Fiercest has made all season (lack of a big man/rebounding) is still valid and may be what sinks us this year. 
    But we're past the trade deadline at this point, and any thought of getting rid of Ray or Paul for draft picks is long gone. So, why bring it up now?
    Gotta enjoy this season for what it is at this point, and if you get your enjoyment by nailing Doc to the wall for sticking with Ray or watching Rondo throw up a brick in the 4th, so be it.
    I think are chances are about 5 to 1 to get to the Finals, so we probably won't make  it.  But those odds aren't long  enough  to start watching baseball exclusively at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Your posts are sounding more moronic by the day.

I normally try to ignore wise guys here but  made an exception for you.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs vs. Celtics : Come on, Karl, being realistic makes me moronic? I won't be able to see the Bulls game tonight. But it's a Celtic loss. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong. And it's true that since the new Big 3 era started, the Celts always had 8-game win streaks. This is the first season of the new Big 3 that they haven't won more than 5 games in a row.

You must really like crow, man!  LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts