Stand pat, Wait for Melo. Big Al for Jeff Green and Bass.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Stand pat, Wait for Melo. Big Al for Jeff Green and Bass.

That's what I would do. Avery, Sully and Melo may haunt us like Perk and Ray Allen have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Stand pat, Wait for Melo. Big Al for Jeff Green and Bass.

They may. Or they may not.Nobody knows. If I could keep one of them it would be bradley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Play Lee at small forward with Jeff gone. An improvement overall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I really don't want to lose Bass though. To be honest. I know he has'nt played that great. But he is very valuable in the hustle department and shooting department when he is on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

DaCeltics the voice of reason? Wow!!!!! Tip of the cap to ya mate!

I agree with your thinking overall, however - if you can get a major talent that another team has to offload you have to give up something in return. 

I don't think you stand pat if you have a great trade. 

But where I am with you is: don't panic. Bide your time and make the right move. 

Jeff Green, unfortunately, is not tradeable. He's way overpaid and teams can see his mental game is weak. I don't think you could trade him for a bag of balls. 

Tradeable players on the Celts are few and far between....but that will change as some teams drop out and others realize they are missing a piece for a playoff push. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I disagree with you BTS on Jeff. He just does'nt fit here very well. He has demonstrated what he can do when he is in a free rolling system. Jeff is better when he's on the floor with court spacers like Durant or Ray Allen, which we dont have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Jeff is better when he's on the floor with court spacers like Durant or Ray Allen, which we dont" have.

Good analysis! This is what I need to hear instead of quantity jambalaya voodoo analysis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I don't think JG is going to be traded: since KJ's just been released there'll be no backup for PP.

Unless, of course, the trade involves a similar, to JG, player coming to Boston.

AK

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree with you BTS on Jeff. He just does'nt fit here very well. He has demonstrated what he can do when he is in a free rolling system. Jeff is better when he's on the floor with court spacers like Durant or Ray Allen, which we dont have.

[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen wouldn't make Jeff Green a better player at all.  Even in a video game.  You would not give up Bass for a big?

I do agree that Jeff would be a better player in another system.  This one just doesn't fit him. I am sure other clubs know this just as well as we do.  Some players thrive in some systems and some don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen wouldn't make Jeff Green a better player at all.  Even in a video game.  You would not give up Bass for a big?

I do agree that Jeff would be a better player in another system.  This one just doesn't fit him. I am sure other clubs know this just as well as we do.  Some players thrive in some systems and some don't.

[/QUOTE]

I hope other teams see him as a hostage of the Celtics system.  He is overpaid playing 15 to 20 minutes a games no matter how good he is.  The Celtics should play him more and try to showcase him though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope other teams see him as a hostage of the Celtics system.  He is overpaid playing 15 to 20 minutes a games no matter how good he is.  The Celtics should play him more and try to showcase him though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure playing him more is good or not.  Him playing less lets other clubs think maybe he doesn't fit our system.  Playing him without him playing well not only hurts his trade value but also hurts our win loss record.

Funny how many people wanted him to take PP place in the lineup.  Kind of silly now after watching stuff transpire isn't it?

Pierce last ten games, 20 pts,  47% shooting, 5.7 rebounds, 4.5 assists., 39% 3 pters,

Last 4 games, 4 total TO's,  13 for 27 from 3 pt land.

Like I said early in the season,  he wasn't the reason we were losing games.  We have a lot of problems bigger than someone who has slowed a little because of age.  He also is number 11 in the league in scoring.  Doubt Mr. Green could do this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Jeff Green's adjusted plus/minus has always been negative and got worse in 2010 when he joined the Celtics and this year is at an all time low of -3.5. Now who exactly is going to trade for that? What team wants to get stuck with 3.5 years at $11M per for negative productivity (but loads of potential)?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I am one of those people that PP should be our 6th man. Green definately plays better when he plays and is not good at coming off the bench. I'm not saying cut PPs minutes and Green get 48 minutes. I'm saying if PP agrees to come off the bench ala Hondo it could really improve our efficiency and production. Paul was great as a point forward last game he held the second unit together and it gave them a guy they can defer to when things break down and actually increased the lead. Green has been more productive when he's in with Rondo and KG, all I'm saying is play his 10 minutes at the start of the game. I feel that this would work and keep PP fresher without hurting his production and would increase Greens production as well.

Having said that I said I wasn't going to judge this team til All Star break and I haven't. If we are going to make a trade I have some definate opinions on that; 1 DO NOT TRADE BRADLEY. 2 If we aren't going to utilize Green we should trade him. I love Green he's a great talent but if we don't use him,unlike Perk he will ACTUALLY in reality not mythically be a big player with somebody else.

If we trade for Cousins we would be taking on another contract like Garcia or maybe even a hurt Evans, so DA could keep Bass or Green not both. If we trade for Big AL or Milsap we'd have to find some FAs at minimum $$ both Milsap and AL make a lot more than Cousins. Gasol could be had but like Al it would cost us.  Al is my favorite player of the 3 bigs but Cousins is the most talented and Gasol would a bigger help this season. I saw something in the last couple of games though that makes me think we might not need to make any major moves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I know most are down on Green but, 2010 we went from a 40 minute plus starter in a familiar system to 10-15 in a new system. He didn't miss a whole season to work on game or rehab from an ACL he took it off so he didn't die, so if you thought he was going to come in and be, play and produce at 100% it's not his fault he doesn't meet some fans unrealistic expectations. There actually no factual basis of Perk being a great player in OKC and Green will never work out. Perk plays about 20-22 min and is a 5 5 guy Green plays 20-22 minutes and is getting 9 3 so hows that lop sided. Green didn't play injured in last season playoffs Perk and all his mythical great D and leadership inspired to play him an average of 3 minutes in the fourth quarter. People were saying Bradley was a bust when I was saying he's great he has just been a victim or circumstances, I'm saying the same about Green.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know most are down on Green but, 2010 we went from a 40 minute plus starter in a familiar system to 10-15 in a new system. He didn't miss a whole season to work on game or rehab from an ACL he took it off so he didn't die, so if you thought he was going to come in and be, play and produce at 100% it's not his fault he doesn't meet some fans unrealistic expectations. There actually no factual basis of Perk being a great player in OKC and Green will never work out. Perk plays about 20-22 min and is a 5 5 guy Green plays 20-22 minutes and is getting 9 3 so hows that lop sided. Green didn't play injured in last season playoffs Perk and all his mythical great D and leadership inspired to play him an average of 3 minutes in the fourth quarter. People were saying Bradley was a bust when I was saying he's great he has just been a victim or circumstances, I'm saying the same about Green.

[/QUOTE]

Everyone is down on JG because he flat out isn't producing.  I will be the first to say I think its the system.  Put him in another system and I think he would be the player we want him to be.  I don't know if we should blame him or blame Doc for not figuring out how to make him effective.  Unless he shows a change in his on court production I don't know how you can start giving him 30 plus minutes a game unless you wan to start losing even more.  I may be wrong he may take off and be great.  I would love to be wrong on him.

As far as PP goes,  I don't mind him coming off the bench, but there you go again,  putting someone in a place their not used to playing from.  We have been doing that with JT all year and he hasn't play up to expectations.  PP is just now starting to play right.  To me it would be silly to jeopardize that just to give someone that hasn't produced more minutes. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure playing him more is good or not.  Him playing less lets other clubs think maybe he doesn't fit our system.  Playing him without him playing well not only hurts his trade value but also hurts our win loss record.

Funny how many people wanted him to take PP place in the lineup.  Kind of silly now after watching stuff transpire isn't it?

Pierce last ten games, 20 pts,  47% shooting, 5.7 rebounds, 4.5 assists., 39% 3 pters,

Last 4 games, 4 total TO's,  13 for 27 from 3 pt land.

Like I said early in the season,  he wasn't the reason we were losing games.  We have a lot of problems bigger than someone who has slowed a little because of age.  He also is number 11 in the league in scoring.  Doubt Mr. Green could do this.

[/QUOTE]

Earlier in this season Green had some very good games.  I was hoping to see him play thirty minutes a game.  Then we see him descend into irrelevance.  It is a difficult task to assess a player with so much upside and little in the way of results.  The realization I have come to is that Green on this current team will not help in a timeframe which is productive for them now.  So he is expendable.  Running the floor with Rondo was supposed to happen this  year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I stand by victim of circumstances statement. Either way, as big of a fan of JG as I am,if we aren't going to play him he would be alot more attractive piece to a trade than many think and if we trade for a big name he will be traded and if it helps I'm all about the name on the front of the jersey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeff Green's adjusted plus/minus has always been negative and got worse in 2010 when he joined the Celtics and this year is at an all time low of -3.5. Now who exactly is going to trade for that? What team wants to get stuck with 3.5 years at $11M per for negative productivity (but loads of potential)?

[/QUOTE]

Not all teams use advanced stats, though it seems like a no brainer. A fair amount of teams could be seduced by Greeen's potential. It happend to us and we are an advanced stats team.