Standing prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Standing prediction

based on all the moves that have happened so farand those that are likely to happens (Knicks adding Chandler, possibly Crawford, Heat signing battier, Bulls signing  Hamilton and others), what do you think the standings will look like.
    I got
    1. Chicago 2 Miami 3. Boston 4. NY 5. ATl 6. Orlando (if dwight is still there) 7. Indiana 8. Philly (Nets if D-Will gets some help)

1 OKC 2. Dallas 3. LAL 4. Portland 5. San Antonio 6. LAC 7. Houston 8. Memphis

Barely missed: Utah, Milwaukee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Re: Standing prediction

Memphis over Houston now that Memphis will match Houston's offer for Gasol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Too head to tell without the player movement being settled, but I got Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, Orlando, Indiana, Milwaukee, Atlanta/Philly tie in that order if Orlando still had Howard (but they won't). West - OKC, San Antonio, Lakers, Houston, Dallas, Clippers, and who cares after that! A lot depends on where Paul lands. But, this will all change as the player movement settles in. Ask again on Dec 24!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

As every day goes along, I like the Knicks more and more.  If they get Crawford, I will not be surprised if they are in the ECF with a real chance to win it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Standing prediction:
    [QUOTE]Too head to tell without the player movement being settled, but I got Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, Orlando, Indiana, Milwaukee, Atlanta/Philly tie in that order if Orlando still had Howard (but they won't). West - OKC, San Antonio, Lakers, Houston, Dallas, Clippers, and who cares after that! A lot depends on where Paul lands. But, this will all change as the player movement settles in. Ask again on Dec 24!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

U have the world champs in 5th?  Hard to believe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, OneonOne, I do. They are losing free agents right and left. Chandler, Butler, and JJ are not going to be ther so until I see the full list of replacements, I don't rank them above some others.......and like us, they are getting older. Chandler was huge for their D and rebounding. Odom will not bring that to Dallas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

My prediction: (East) Miami-Chicago-NY-Boston (West) Dallas-Lakers-OKC-Menphis...Or we get Howard or we have no option this years, and the most important thing no option of rebuild in the next years...We need a franchise player radar...Now or never DA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, OneonOne, I do. They are losing free agents right and left. Chandler, Butler, and JJ are not going to be ther so until I see the full list of replacements, I don't rank them above some others.......and like us, they are getting older. Chandler was huge for their D and rebounding. Odom will not bring that to Dallas.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

They're bringing in Scoring in Vince Carter thought, while he may be a bad defender they do have Corey Brewer to fill that role, he's one of the best defensiv guard in the NBA, makes up for the loss of Stevenson. With JJ gone Roddy Beaubois will see more time after coming back from injury, he was very ggod for them 2 years ago when jason kidd went down.
    Carter replaces Butler, Brewer plays takes Stevenson's minutes, Beaubois takes JJ's minutes not to meantion they have Rudy Fernandez. they have two legit sixth man of the year candidate in Odom and Terry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

AT present Boston is only a marginal team , that is they could finsih anywhere from 1 to 6  Heat, Bulls, NY are clear favorites, and Orlando could challenge Boston for fouth place. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]AT present Boston is only a marginal team , that is they could finsih anywhere from 1 to 6  Heat, Bulls, NY are clear favorites, and Orlando could challenge Boston for fouth place. 
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
    What makes you think that?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing prediction : NY already has the best frontline in the east right now. With Chandler at C, Amare at PF, and Melo at SF all the Knicks need right now is a decent PG. And if they can get Jamal Crawford it's game over for the Celtics if they meet in the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    i get your point but who else do they have, two superstar can only carry you so far without help. Chandler is a good player but i don't consider him part of any big 3 in NY. he makes a difference on he defensive end  but his contribution on offense will not be more then putbacks, alley oops and unguarded leyups or dunks. he will not create his own offense. Atl wants Toney Douglas for Crawford in the S&T the knicks don't wanna give him up. Melo and Stats may score 20 + plus points but their defense is terrible, don't expected them to stop any member of the big three from scoring. Melo cannot guard Pierce even if he wanted to, same goes for Amere with KG and Crwford with Allen. plus their bench doesn't come close to ours, we hav to players who can score doule digits from the bench in Green and Bass. so overall advantage Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

NY is not clearly better then boston, boston has improved the roster that swept them in the playoffs last year, and yes the knicks have added chandler, but i dont think he is that big of a difference maker.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]Unless Chandler is bringing Nowitski with him, he won't make that much difference. We are going to be much better than last year.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Exactly

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Agree Fierce, I like NY more and more

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing prediction : Chandler doesn't have to be a superstar like Bosh. Amare and Melo will want to score at will, Chandler will gladly take a back seat on offense. It's on defense where Chandler will make a difference, shot-blocking is something the Knicks haven't had since Pat Ewing.  The bench can only do so much in the playoffs. In the playoffs Melo, Amare, and Chandler will all play 40 minutes.  We can go on and on about the pros and cons of the Knicks. But if KG and JO can't win the battle of the paint against Amare and Chandler it's game over for us. Remember, no rebounds - no rings. 
    How much of difference will he make if he's the only one playing defense? we can say all we want but Adding Chandler will not change the way Melo and Amare play, that's all offense and no defense. Chandler is someone that needs a great Pg for him to be successfull, someone to make plays for him. He was great in NOLA with Chris Paul, got traded to the bobcats and dissapeared, at that time Raymond Felton wasn't as good as he is now. he got traded to the Mavs and all the sudden his career is revived, J-Kidd had nothing to do with it?. Melo and Amare are not playmakers they're scorers. Playing all 40 mins will not help them if Melo and Amere can't stop their man, you can't expect Chandler to clean up after your mess all the time because you can't play defense. he's only gonna block so many shots. Toney Douglas is a shoot first point guard. so is mike bibby. untill they somehow get CP3 they don't scare me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]It's simple guys, we swept NY because when Amare injured his back, trying to do exhibition dunks, the Knicks were left without a big man.  I mean can we honestly say we're going to beat NY, in the playoffs, even if we lose the rebounding battle every game? It would have been different if we got David West, that's for sure! 

the answer to your question is YES we can, our x factors would be dooling and bass, two energy guys off the bench that the knicks simply wont be able to match up with energy wise..wilcox is a big that can wear out amare and chandler as well...west would have helped, but in no way are the NYK clearly a better team then us

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing prediction : How much of difference will he make if he's the only one playing defense?Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

I think it is even money between Bos and NY.  I think NY does have a greater emphasis on defence this season, with or without Chandler and having Chandler enables NY to funnel the opposition towards him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

We're a top defensive team, they can't expect to score over 100 points every game against us. Our offense wasn't great but it was good for most of last year and should be better their defense was terrible, should be better but it still won't be great. At the end f the end Defense is what will wins tou a playoff series and that's what separates Chicago, Miami and Boston from NY.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing prediction : I think it is even money between Bos and NY.  I think NY does have a greater emphasis on defence this season, with or without Chandler and having Chandler enables NY to funnel the opposition towards him. 
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]
    I you llok at Dallas before chandler, they weren't as good defensively but they are a decent team on Defense collectively and they did have players who were reat defenders. Caron Butler has always been a defensive stopper, Shawn marion is not excellent but he's above average, J-kidd was an excellent defender, he's slowed down with age but he's still pretty good, Dirk is not great, he has slow feet but he does have quick hands he's not terrible he's decent. All they needed was that great defender in the middle to put them oer the top. brendan haywwod is a great one on one defender but he's not as good as Chandler, not much of a shot blocker either and not as good of a rebounder. ith NY it's a different story, Dallas played some defense before chandler Ny didn't so one person isn't gonna change they way you play if you've shied away from it your whole career. People say "what aboyt KG wih Boston?" pierce and Allen weren't that bad defensively before KG Kg wasn't the only factor we had perk, james Posey, Toney Allen, PJ brown. it was more than one player

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing prediction : The Celts are a top defensive team that can't rebound. How many times did we see it last season, opponents missing shots when the shot-clock was expiring but the Celts can't grab the defensive board. As long as KG is our best big man scorer and Rondo the starting PG, we have very little offense. KG can't even average 4 free-throw attempts per game. And Rondo's shooting, FT or not, is not really what we consider as offense.

i honestly think bass and wilcox will help with the rebounding, we still do need a legit center, but bass and wilcox are legit players, maybe not legit centers

Sections
Shortcuts