Start Pierce at the 2?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Start Pierce at the 2?

No doubt that is an extremely good line up.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG, and Bass or Sullinger?

If you are of that thought then you can also fit Darko in there.  Darko in the middle. KG and Green roaming.  This can be a strong defensive lineup.  I see just two concerns.  Pierce chasing 2s around screens and Rondo's scoring mindset.  However, given the bench depth, those are not very big concerns.

Bottom line is: I don't see Bass getting minutes.  And if this lineup works, it makes Courtney Lee expendable.  With those two salary packages and first round picks, Josh Smith becomes a possibility.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I don't think we signed Terry and Lee so that Pierce can play the 2 spot.  He may on occasions though.  Actually against the Heat it may not be such a bad idea for him to chase Ray Allen around screens.  I would rather watch the Heat burn the clock trying to get Ray open than Bron or Wade take it to the basket and get a foul called.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I don't think we signed Terry and Lee so that Pierce can play the 2 spot.  He may on occasions though.  Actually against the Heat it may not be such a bad idea for him to chase Ray Allen around screens.  I would rather watch the Heat burn the clock trying to get Ray open than Bron or Wade take it to the basket and get a foul called.

Anyone concerned with Paul not looking good in pre-season for the second year in a row.  He looks in shape this time but has not been effective.  Jeff Green will be called upon big time this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Kirk,

I don't think it's going to happen. Sure, once in a while, when Doc'd want to explore mismatch at 2 and/or 3 he'll put PP as a SG. Mostly, the starting 5 will be, as many predicted, RR-CL-PP-BB-KG.

Quite a few arguments are for Sully to start instead of BB. I'd say it will happen if he continues the trend I've noticed, so far.

The beauty of the current roster (barring injuries) is that Doc can create several combinations to explore mismatch and/or minimize opponent's advantage at 2, 3, 4 and 5. (Not much he can do at 1).

AK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

in certain situations, but lets be honest; who here really thinks PP can guard the quick 2's in this league? thats what we have Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee for. Against teams like the Nets though, it might work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Just one of many options for Doc.  But it won't be Pierce guarding the 2, it would be Green.  He has much quicker feet and will be able to give more help to others on D.  If they went to a zone def (which they do at times) this could be effective.  KG at center you would have Sully in the game.  If KG is the PF you bring in Darko.  Bass doesn't fit in this equation because you don't need the scoring with Green, PP, KG and Rondo on the court.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

I don't see him starting any games at the 2.  That's what we have Lee and Terry for.  I think an occassional lineup of Rondo, Pierce, Green, Sully and KG would be very effective.  I dont' want PP guarding another 2 the whole game.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts