Start Siemsma

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Start Siemsma

good points Kirk..!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Start Siemsma:
    [QUOTE]Start Stiemsma and move Garnett back to the 4. Use Hollins as the backup center and Bass as the backup 4. We need more size and rebounding.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I like Steimsma but still don't think he could be a starter on a consistent basis.  Although, the Celtics could use the size and definitely more rebounding is something that could help.  The Celtics lack of rebounding has been a problem for a few years. It is really a shame that Wilcox is out for the remainder of the season.  He was a great addition to the Celtics this year and was really contributing when necessary. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Garnett seems to be doing fine playing center,  Steamer is getting time.  He gets in foul trouble most of the games.  The starting lineup looked fine last nite and I don't think Steamer is the answer to the rebounding problems.  Doesn't mean we can't give him more time and Hollins time. Kirk you are like Del Negro, no one would ever know whos playiing, whos starting, how many minutes they would get.  They would mutiny in a month.  The answer to our rebounding problems is not on the Celtics right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Besides we already have one guy that doesn't score in the starting lineup,  Ray and Pietrus shoot mainly 3's , either hot or cold, Garnett and Pierce would both be getting doubled.   I will admit our defense should get better though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Garnett has flourished at the 5 spot. his numbers have increased, hes the fastest man at his position every night and it helps him. id keep it as is. Steamer is doing fine coming off the bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Start Siemsma:
    [QUOTE]Garnett has flourished at the 5 spot. his numbers have increased, hes the fastest man at his position every night and it helps him. id keep it as is. Steamer is doing fine coming off the bench.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

exactly, and our rebounding probably wouldn't get any better,  just less offense.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, I am sick of watching the opposition shoot layups because Garnett cannot defend the lane anymore.  That is a good idea for a couple of reasons, 1. we would have a good inside presence on defense with 2 seven footer roaming the floor  2. Bass could come off the bench giving and give us some points and good play 3. The combination of Garnett and Bass could be used to close games 4. The injury to Pietrus hurts the bench  5. ON the other hand if Piertrus becomes available again, you could start him in Ray's place and bring Ray off the bench to provide instant scoring. With Ray and Bass comming in against the second unit it could be explosive, and they could still finish games if Doc so wants.  6. The team needs a lift, a assistant coach like Cowens or Bill Lambeer could not hurt.  Thanks to thinking and laying it out there , few do.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Start Siemsma:
    [QUOTE]Start Stiemsma and move Garnett back to the 4. Use Hollins as the backup center and Bass as the backup 4. We need more size and rebounding.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

If it takes starting Stiemsma to lose every remaining game, I all for it......  lottery, lottery, lottery, lottery.... everyone say it with me..... lottery......

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Start Siemsma : If it takes starting Stiemsma to lose every remaining game, I all for it......  lottery, lottery, lottery, lottery.... everyone say it with me..... lottery......

Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

as if lottery would be a teams savior..a rookie?..please!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't know about starting him every game but I am definitely up for him playing m more. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start Siemsma :
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]
    +1

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start Siemsma : All NBA players started out as a rookie.  What's the point in making the playoffs if you're just going to get eliminated in the 1st round.  Ray Allen is hurting. Pietrus is lucky that he just had a concussion. Even Avery Bradley is hurt. There will be more injuries as April is the toughest part of the Celts schedule.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Yea but the teams that win championships aren't build from rooks...rooks unless they are stars, go on teams before settling into one..DA could only hope to acquire assets to trade down the road...I haven't given up on this team yet, have you??

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start Siemsma :   as if lottery would be a teams savior..a rookie?..please!
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    He just wants the Celts in the Lotto, so he can lay claim to his rants..not because he thinks they will improve their chances...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its fine, once the C's make the playoffs, Fierce isnt aloud to post for awhile..so not only will he look like an idiot for being wrong..he wont be able to explain himself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]its fine, once the C's make the playoffs, Fierce isnt aloud to post for awhile..so not only will he look like an idiot for being wrong..he wont be able to explain himself.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Ooops  I guess we can always create another account, can't we?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start Siemsma : All the teams that won a championship the last 12 years had top 5 lottery picks on their team. You really think the Celts can become a great team again with #18 picks? Didn't we get Ray Allen for the #5 pick of 2007? If we didn't have that #5 pick there would have been no Ray Allen.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

This year's finalists will include Rose, Deng, Noah, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Marion, Odom, etc......  Last year's included many of the same players, the year before that - ditto......  any discussion that includes a finals team that is lacking at least 3 top 10 picks is an absolute joke, unless of course you live in Boston where many posted that Big Al, Perk, Pierce, Rondo, Green, Greene, West, etc. were going to rule the east for years to come.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Start Siemsma : Doc and Danny seem to have no appreciation for interior defense and rebounding.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's it.  The GM and Coach who've produced the BEST defense in the NBA over the last 5 years has no appreciation for interior defense.

I hate that Danny hasn't produced a good big man and that he relied on stiffs like Shaq and JON.  But, that doesn't mean Doc doesn't WANT to have a big man.  Come on, man, be reasonable.

Sections
Shortcuts