Starting lineup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Starting lineup?

Faverani, Sullinger, Wallace, Pressey, and ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Starting lineup?

If we were to put our best five prospects/players on the floor, it would be Pressey at PG, Babb at SG, Green or Wallace at SF, Olynyk and Sully at PF and Vitor at center.

That being said back in 06-07 when Ainge was trying to showcase certain players for trade he deliberately didn't play our best lineup and instead showcased Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes and Delonte West.  He shelved Rondo and started Sebastian Telfair at PG instead, he sat a healthy Leon Powe entirely, he never played the combination of Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins together and Paul Pierce went down with an imaginary stress reaction injury.

That was a legitimate tank and it was worth it, Jefferson played well and got us KG.  Other teams didn't want Powe or Rondo in trade because they were shelved for the better part of the year.  We may sit the young players above and put everybodies name on the trading block, hopefully when it is all said and done we'll have the young core players and will have traded the vets for picks which, with Ainge's eye for talent will yield results.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we were to put our best five prospects/players on the floor, it would be Pressey at PG, Babb at SG, Green or Wallace at SF, Olynyk and Sully at PF and Vitor at center.

That being said back in 06-07 when Ainge was trying to showcase certain players for trade he deliberately didn't play our best lineup and instead showcased Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes and Delonte West.  He shelved Rondo and started Sebastian Telfair at PG instead, he sat a healthy Leon Powe entirely, he never played the combination of Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins together and Paul Pierce went down with an imaginary stress reaction injury.

That was a legitimate tank and it was worth it, Jefferson played well and got us KG.  Other teams didn't want Powe or Rondo in trade because they were shelved for the better part of the year.  We may sit the young players above and put everybodies name on the trading block, hopefully when it is all said and done we'll have the young core players and will have traded the vets for picks which, with Ainge's eye for talent will yield results.

[/QUOTE]

Sebastian Telfair over Rondo was the ultimate tank.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

They started Telfair because they gave away #6 pick for him, and they had to give him the benefit of the doubt trying to validate their effort which at the end proved to be a mistake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They started Telfair because they gave away #6 pick for him, and they had to give him the benefit of the doubt trying to validate their effort which at the end proved to be a mistake.

[/QUOTE]

Fine, say I accept that to be true... why did Pierce go down with the mysterious injury, why did Ryan Gomes start at power forward, why if Jefferson and Perk were our best post combination did they NEVER play together, why did Leon Powe get shelved after one amazing first half against the Knicks right after the halftime announcer asked Doc "where did this guy came from?"  Also why did Rondo only play at season's end due to injury when the two guys played ahead of him were Telfair and Delonte West?  Lastly why if I watched the entire season were we deliberately trying to lose games... and we were.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fine, say I accept that to be true... why did Pierce go down with the mysterious injury, why did Ryan Gomes start at power forward, why if Jefferson and Perk were our best post combination did they NEVER play together, why did Leon Powe get shelved after one amazing first half against the Knicks right after the halftime announcer asked Doc "where did this guy came from?"  Also why did Rondo only play at season's end due to injury when the two guys played ahead of him were Telfair and Delonte West?  Lastly why if I watched the entire season were we deliberately trying to lose games... and we were.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think Pressey, Bradley,Wallace, Sully and Humphries have earned starts so far.

Not so bad to start the game with our three best rebounders. They all play HARD from the jump. Pressey makes the offense look smooth, only guy to do that so far.

This will allow Bradley to once again slash and spot up in the corners.

Sully can post up(his strength) getting the ball to Hump for jumpers, his strength on offense.

Wallace will push tempo, slash, post up just create havoc and end up with points assists steals blocks rebounds and open 3's!

Everybody else can get in where they fit in.

That's my starting lineup without Rondo.

That makes the top bench players Crawford-Lee-Green-Bass-Olynyk. Which is very good for a bench.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am with you.  I am not arguing that it was not a tank job.  Obviously it was.  A little here a little there, and mostly at the end, the team psychy took on what the organization is trying to do and losing was easily the result.  Telfair is just a big pet peeve of mine, not saying anything about what they were trying to do.

It is hard to define tanking but if the management and fans don't expect them to win and in many ways rooting for them to lose, that is just enough for most teams to falter.  When your hearts are not in it, that just plays a huge part in the already competitive games with not much that seperate winners and losers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bradley has had his chance,  Lee has worn out his chance, and I bet both of them start.   And I thought we had a coach , but mabey not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Faverani, Sullinger, Wallace, Pressey, and ?

[/QUOTE]

The four deserve to start at this time and I would say a 2 mabey Crawford.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

There is the interesting combination of Wallace, KO, and Sullinger.  They have looked good in at game or two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Starting 5  Wallace, Sullinger, KO, Crawford, and Pressey  (at this time)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The pressey luv is ridic right now.  Idk what makes people think an undrafted rookie has a chance to play let alone start in the nba. There is a reason 2nd round picks hardly make it, let alone undrafted players. Pressey is WAY undersized, an below avg athlete and and below avg shooter. He wont even be in the league next year. Id wager that crawford will get the bulk of bu pg minutes too behind ab.

The starting lineup based on not showcasing talent and just tryin to win

ab

jgreen

gwallace

sully

ko

Those are our most effective and skilled players. We would have good size and rebounding at every spot except center (where we would be undersized reguardless) We would have 2 bigs who can shoot which will help spread the floor. And plus defenders in ab and gwallace.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

His perfornance (Pressey)against a taller higher ranked PG soldified his worthiness to me. Saying someone went undrafted means nothing to me. Look at Faverani. Arvidas Sabonis, Toni Kukoc, John Starks all undrafted to name a few I believe. Was the little general Avery Johnson even drafted?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Avery Johnson at 5'11 went undrafted. Kukoc and Sabonis were drafted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The pressey luv is ridic right now.  Idk what makes people think an undrafted rookie has a chance to play let alone start in the nba. There is a reason 2nd round picks hardly make it, let alone undrafted players. Pressey is WAY undersized, an below avg athlete and and below avg shooter. He wont even be in the league next year. Id wager that crawford will get the bulk of bu pg minutes too behind ab.

The starting lineup based on not showcasing talent and just tryin to win

ab

jgreen

gwallace

sully

ko

Those are our most effective and skilled players. We would have good size and rebounding at every spot except center (where we would be undersized reguardless) We would have 2 bigs who can shoot which will help spread the floor. And plus defenders in ab and gwallace.  

[/QUOTE]

Who cares how he got here.  He deserves playing time because he has looked better than most at PG.  It is not love, just being fair and give dues where it is deserved.  The incumbants should show something if they want more playing time than an undrafted rookie.  In the end maybe Pressey is not that good in the long run, but I like to let it play out on the court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I point out him being undrafted, becuz there r reasons he went drafted. Also went undrafted in a very weak draft too. Thats y its relevant. He is super undersized, below avg athelete and shooter. He had 1 really good quarter ( 4th quarter) of knicks game, where he was facing dleague scrubs.  As i said ill wager that crawford gets majority of bu pg minutes. AB and crawford are both natural sgs and pressey who has played pg HIS WHOLE life still cant beat those guys out for minutes. Enuff said. Just imagine once rondo gets back, he will be a 4th string pg, oh wait there is no such thing. So he will just be out of the league all together. He will make a good dleague backup tho.

Fans need to see WHO hes doing it against, that is a very overlooked factor. Ab and crawford are going against NBA STARTERS so naturally they are not going to look as good cuz they are playing against the best. Just like fab melo putting up ridiculous triple doubles in the dleague and whenever he played against nba talent he looked like the worst player I had ever seen. Context people.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

His perfornance (Pressey)against a taller higher ranked PG soldified his worthiness to me. Saying someone went undrafted means nothing to me. Look at Faverani. Arvidas Sabonis, Toni Kukoc, John Starks all undrafted to name a few I believe. Was the little general Avery Johnson even drafted?

[/QUOTE]

Sabonis was thought of as one of the best basketball players in the world before he joined the NBA.  Kukoc won several European player of the year awards.

Bad comparisons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I point out him being undrafted, becuz there r reasons he went drafted. Also went undrafted in a very weak draft too. Thats y its relevant. He is super undersized, below avg athelete and shooter. He had 1 really good quarter ( 4th quarter) of knicks game, where he was facing dleague scrubs.  As i said ill wager that crawford gets majority of bu pg minutes. AB and crawford are both natural sgs and pressey who has played pg HIS WHOLE life still cant beat those guys out for minutes. Enuff said. Just imagine once rondo gets back, he will be a 4th string pg, oh wait there is no such thing. So he will just be out of the league all together. He will make a good dleague backup tho.

Fans need to see WHO hes doing it against, that is a very overlooked factor. Ab and crawford are going against NBA STARTERS so naturally they are not going to look as good cuz they are playing against the best. Just like fab melo putting up ridiculous triple doubles in the dleague and whenever he played against nba talent he looked like the worst player I had ever seen. Context people.  

[/QUOTE]

and yes...Pressey isn't very good. enough said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Gman, where did his last opponent, Carter-Williams go in the draft and what is his height. I saw Carter-Williams unable to contain Pressey, I don't know about you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Can you imagine pressed trying to guard deron Williams? Even say Rodney stuckey? It's just not going to happen for him to get many minutes.  But yeah, the rest of the team by comparison is making him look like Isaiah Thomas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

You are puting Pressey down because some of us are saying he should start at PG over the people we have now who have been terrible.  Really that is not saying much, seems like sensible and reasonable thing to do because we really do not have a PG besides him and Rondo.  No need to put the man down, and if it turns out he is not that good and some other people pick it up, then yeah sit him down or send him to the D-league.  Talking about context.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

It looks like coach Stevens is settling on Crawford Bradley Wallace Sully and Humphries as his starters. I find no fault with that.

Then Pressey has the backup spot locked for many years here.

Pressey Lee Green Bass Olynyk.

Brooks will have to beat out Lee or Crawford in practice.