Starting the Von Wafer Fan Club.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Starting the Von Wafer Fan Club.

I liked the signing in the offseason and i like it more now. It was a very low risk signing of a player who has young legs, a nice 3 pt shot, and a hunger for the game.

He outscored the miami bench today which includes the ever overrated mike miller.

He played great against the lakers (even though we lost) and he was a big part of the Win vs the heat today.

I say the Celtics plan on Von Wafer being a big part of this team with so much uncertainty about Marquis' situation. Though Prince or Battier would be good too.

Lets Go Celtics!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Starting the Von Wafer Fan Club.

how about the von wafer 18 minutes a night fan club?  i think he has that much play in him, and we need ray to get that much rest!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wafer spoke to Eric Dickerson after the game.  He is intelligent and at least on camera humble.  This kid is talented and we will see what extra playing time results in.  He needs to get shots or the playing time won't matter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Ray Allen playing over 42 minutes this game was too much. It may have had something to do with his poor shooting in the 2nd half. I think Von earned more minutes tonight. Give Ray more rest and Von more minutes.
       Delonte will be back anytime. Ray should get more rest as Doc has more trust in Delonte than he does in Von.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

wafer-delonte-robinson to cover the backup 1-2 and some of the 3 could be a nice thing.

is anyone hearing anything about delonte?  isn't he supposed to be ready to come back?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They say he is ready to go full tilt was the quote on Wed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitowncelt. Show chitowncelt's posts

That number 12.....been a while since significant......The Duck?  Fun to think back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Put me down as a charter member of the club, albeit a little late to the show.  I was a real non-believer in pre-season.  But I love to see a guy succeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

I love his agressiveness and hussle play he can surely help Ray get a rest. Please let him play Doc.

'No Body Does it Better Than the Boston Celtics"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Ive been a fan since day.  Sign me up........

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

he played somewhat well vs LA, he was on the receding end of 2 bad calls which forced him out. I was a Lasme fan over Wafer in beginning of season also. But I picked up on wafers game. he is doing good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Right on! What a diamond in the rough..I expect some big moments from this guy down the road..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

In Response to Re: Starting the Von Wafer Fan Club.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting the Von Wafer Fan Club. : I think Sidney Wicks wore 12 also....ugh.....a definite low point.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

dont forget ricky "buckets " davis haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Wafer is showing a lot of hustle and energy and deserves the playing time that he's been getting lately. Although he has 3-point range, he should slash more to the basket because he has the quickness and the lift. His dribbling and footwork need some work also, as evidenced by the Heat game. His overall game should improve as Doc shows more confidence in him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I have been a Wafer fan all along.  I said earlier he only needs minutes to be able to contribute.  He ads something that Quis don't have and thats a 3pt shot. Come to think about it , it is also something that Nate don't have.    He can also drive and finish on the break.  More speed inthe lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Wafer should get some minutes, especially if RA is the back up SF and PP is not 100%.

PA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I see #12 and I think Dominique Wilkins.

I like to see Wafer shooting well.  I think he's a good 12 guy.  Someone who likely won't be in the rotation come playoff time, but he's a guy who can play well while we have injuries. 

He did average almost 10ppg with Houston a couple years ago so we know he can play.  He still looks uncomfortable out there though.  Like he's not quite sure what to do.  In the Miami game he hit a 3, then turned the ball over.  Hit another 3, then turned the ball over again.

I like him on the Celtics, but wouldn't quite put myself in his fan club.

Sections
Shortcuts