Statement Made

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Statement Made

OK all we have heard is the Heat hadn't been together long the first two times we beat them.  Now today what is the reason? We sent a message today with PP shooting 0-10 and 1 pt.  Ray was 5-14.  We still have Shaq, West, JO, Robinson (ugh) Semhi, and Quis out with injuries.   We hung tough with a team that probably had this marked on their calendar for a while.  The defense was tremendous by everyone.  Wafer has shown that he can play a little bit and gives us another outside threat. Baby was huge. (again)  To think that posters were actually wanting to trade him not long ago. When we get everyone back we are still the team to beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKelly. Show McKelly's posts

Re: Statement Made

In Response to Statement Made:
    [QUOTE]OK all we have heard is the Heat hadn't been together long the first two times we beat them.  Now today what is the reason? We sent a message today with PP shooting 0-10 and 1 pt.  Ray was 5-14.  We still have Shaq, West, JO, Robinson (ugh) Semhi, and Quis out with injuries.   We hung tough with a team that probably had this marked on their calendar for a while.  The defense was tremendous by everyone.  Wafer has shown that he can play a little bit and gives us another outside threat. Baby was huge. (again)  To think that posters were actually wanting to trade him not long ago. When we get everyone back we are still the team to beat.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKelly. Show McKelly's posts

In Response to Re: Statement Made:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Statement Made :
    Posted by McKelly[/QUOTE]  The C's continue to win big games despite injuries.  If we can stay relatively healthy we proved today that we are the team to beat.  I'm sure some Lakerhugger will have something to post to the contrary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

For the 82 game preseason, this was a big game and a bigger win

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Statement Made:
    [QUOTE]OK all we have heard is the Heat hadn't been together long the first two times we beat them.  Now today what is the reason? We sent a message today with PP shooting 0-10 and 1 pt.  Ray was 5-14.  We still have Shaq, West, JO, Robinson (ugh) Semhi, and Quis out with injuries.   We hung tough with a team that probably had this marked on their calendar for a while.  The defense was tremendous by everyone.  Wafer has shown that he can play a little bit and gives us another outside threat. Baby was huge. (again)  To think that posters were actually wanting to trade him not long ago. When we get everyone back we are still the team to beat.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yes, OneOnOne, this is a statement game. Even with a depleted team, and even with PP having his worst game, we still showed Miami that we are a better team.  I hope all Von Wafer's hater change their mind quickly.

Where is BiasLewis? I am looking for him. He is hiding cause he hopes Celtics lose so he can support his "Trade" argument.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "he is not home."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Pierce 0-10 and a bunch of bad calls by Stern's hitmen, the NBA refs, and the Celtics still won.

It's apparent, when the Celts play defense, the Heat have huge troubles scoring against the Celts. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I just think we won a game we could have easily lost.  Our offense just abandoned us in the 4th quarter.

Honestly, I know we're very shorthanded but I just don't know who is out that would have left his footprint on this game.  I don't think JON, Shaq or Semih would have significantly changed the flow of this game.  If anything, they get a few more inside opportunities but not much else.  And we don't need them to commit fouls against Miami.  I also believe Quis would not have made a difference when you consider what we got from Wafer (great game Von).  The one person who could have affected this game was Delonte West.

With Rondo out, I think Delonte would have provided some outside scoring and he's very good defensively.

I am glad we won but I don't think beating Miami is a statement.  We're better than they are.  Like the Lakers, this win would have meant more to Miami than to the Celtics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It is all about the Defense, and pick your poison offense. Eveyone contributes on defense, and other teams have to respect the Celtic talent, and selfless play.

The bench does not bring footprint, is allows defense to be played more aggressively especially in front court. Against Miami, the bigs did not have to worry about foul trouble because the Heat are weak at Center, and their power forward is not a banger, so they could play aggressive defense, and more aggressive offense.

While Pierce had a horrible game offensively, he played well defensively. In addition, I loved Doc's idea of having Rondo guard Lebron. That is why Doc is Doc.

The Lakers are a different matter. They have three seven footers that can shoot from distance. To play the Lakers, the Celtics need their bench bigs. If the starters have to worry about foul trouble, they become less aggressive.

The difference was clearly evident between the two Laker-Celtic games. In game one, the bigs could play aggressively, because fouls were not an issue. Not only did the Celtic bigs dominate the Laker bigs, but they blew out the Lakers. In the second game the lack of subs, made KG and Perk look like Gasoft in the first game.

When the Celtics are healthy, look out!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I just think we won a game we could have easily lost.  Our offense just abandoned us in the 4th quarter. Honestly, I know we're very shorthanded but I just don't know who is out that would have left his footprint on this game.  I don't think JON, Shaq or Semih would have significantly changed the flow of this game.  If anything, they get a few more inside opportunities but not much else.  And we don't need them to commit fouls against Miami.  I also believe Quis would not have made a difference when you consider what we got from Wafer (great game Von).  The one person who could have affected this game was Delonte West. With Rondo out, I think Delonte would have provided some outside scoring and he's very good defensively. I am glad we won but I don't think beating Miami is a statement.  We're better than they are.  Like the Lakers, this win would have meant more to Miami than to the Celtics.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Insightful post, as usual, Petey.  I do think, however, this was a big game for 2 reasons:

1. We want home court advantage and the tie breaker will be head to head.  This may come into play.
    2. We have lost a couple of games, we were depleted in total players, and the Celts needed to get their mojo back.  They needed to play UP to the competion and show they could pull it out.

I agree it meant more to Miami than Celts, but that doesn't mean it wasn't important to the Celts. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, had the Celtics lost, all everyone would have said is we were seriously depleted, which we were.  I think once we get a full compliment of players, we'll see how good we are against the better teams.

The Celtics, with their 4 All Stars, can beat any team any time.  We just need to know how we'll do with everyone playing.

From a big picture, you're so right.  It's Miami and we have the tiebreaker.  I don't think it will come down to that since Miami has the second easiest schedule to this point.  They will have a tough second half and we'll see just how they stack up.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Statement game telling the Heat even when we stink we can dig down and beat you.  The refs called two on Garnett that must be a message to him to behave.

The two calls were absolutely fraudulent.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

I think more for the C's after the lost to the laker's.  But it all come down to how they play in the playoff's.  When they are healthy no one in the east or west will beat the the C's in the playoffs.  Only Sterns henchmen will, as they tried today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I just think we won a game we could have easily lost.  Our offense just abandoned us in the 4th quarter. Honestly, I know we're very shorthanded but I just don't know who is out that would have left his footprint on this game.  I don't think JON, Shaq or Semih would have significantly changed the flow of this game.  If anything, they get a few more inside opportunities but not much else.  And we don't need them to commit fouls against Miami.  I also believe Quis would not have made a difference when you consider what we got from Wafer (great game Von).  The one person who could have affected this game was Delonte West. With Rondo out, I think Delonte would have provided some outside scoring and he's very good defensively. I am glad we won but I don't think beating Miami is a statement.  We're better than they are.  Like the Lakers, this win would have meant more to Miami than to the Celtics.

From Jackie McMullen today.

In the meantime, Boston will limp along to the All-Star break knowing it stole a game it had no business winning, which is, when you think about it, is quite a statement in itself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Defense wins Championships.

Nuff said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]If the C'z hit any decent amount of shots the Heat aren't going to consistently score against their half court defense. Not in a 7 game series. In the end they are an ISO Wade and Bron offense with no bench. The refs and the charity stripe is enough to get them a bunch of extra regular season wins though. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Did you see that yesterday that said Wade, Mebron, and Bush had shot the same amount of free throws for the year as the entire Celtic team?  That is hard to believe.  Well maybe not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

You don't think that if our starters had gotten more rest, they would have played better D and better O in the final quarter?

Sections
Shortcuts