Statistics and Rondo's Impact on Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Statistics and Rondo's Impact on Celtics

Hey, I'm focusing on statistics because that is what Stevens is doing.  So to get into the mind of the coach, you need to understand his point of reference.  

There has been discussion on here about how many games Rondo would affect in the win column when he returns.  The answer statisically and according to PER, if he returns in December, is probably 2 or 3 more wins, assuming he isn't affected by his injury.  During his last healthy year in 2011, playing in 53 games he added 6.4 wins.        

Speaking of statistics and Rondo... His average PER from 2007 to 2012 was a little better than the average PG in the NBA, or about 18.00. (Chris Paul was 30.31).  His average PG ranking over that time was 11.5 with his best year when the Celtics peaked with Ray Allen in 2009-2010 of 4th best PER among PGs in the league to 2011 where he was ranked 18th best PG in the league.  

So statistically its a stretch to say that Rondo should be considered one of the top 10 PGs in the league considering statistically he had a major boost in PER playing with PP, KG and RA and that he is now coming off a serious injury.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Statistics and Rondo's Impact on Celtics

You see what your stats say, I see with my eyes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

You see what your stats say, I see with my eyes.

I love Rondo.  I love him because he passionately despises Miami, and no one cares about winning more than he does.  I think he's got excellent leadership qualities, and I think it will be exciting to watch him push the young players.

However, unlike R9R, I realize that he's stats were a reflection of his team.  He use to have one job- pass.  Every team knew that, and every shot he ever took was WIDE OPEN.  Now that those days are over, I'm expecting him to be exposed for the terrible shooter he really is.

I think he'll still be a stud on defense.  But kiss goodbye to Rondo the all-star.  PG's averaging 10 points and 6 assists usually do not appear on the ballot.

Love him for his intensity.  Hate him for his shooting. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo only plays hard in the playoffs, or if we are on national television.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

[/QUOTE]

I love Rondo.  I love him because he passionately despises Miami, and no one cares about winning more than he does.  I think he's got excellent leadership qualities, and I think it will be exciting to watch him push the young players.

However, unlike R9R, I realize that he's stats were a reflection of his team.  He use to have one job- pass.  Every team knew that, and every shot he ever took was WIDE OPEN.  Now that those days are over, I'm expecting him to be exposed for the terrible shooter he really is.

I think he'll still be a stud on defense.  But kiss goodbye to Rondo the all-star.  PG's averaging 10 points and 6 assists usually do not appear on the ballot.

Love him for his intensity.  Hate him for his shooting. 

[/QUOTE]

His jump shots are wide open because his defenders don't want to get blown by not because they are helping off him. You can go back and watch almost any game, he can dribble the ball up the court and the defender will give him a cusion until about the free throw line.

Sections
Shortcuts