Status on Green's contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Status on Green's contract?

I trust that it will get done since Falk says it will but what's the hold up? I wonder could they be haggling over to front load or back load the contract.

This was the one move I didn't understand how Ainge pulled off after giving $5M to Lee and $5M to Terry with the MLE to make up RA's $10M. Whatever Ainge did it worked just wondering what is causing the slowness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: Status on Green's contract?

proabably an insurance thing because of heart issue. have to find some agreeable wording on the contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I agree with Pierce on this one. With that kind of $$ and that kind of unusual liability issue the legalese on this contract will be voluminous at least

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

It seems a bit strange since it has been a few weeks when they came out with "the deal is done".  The it was "it's imminent".  Now I don't know?  If it is just little things then they should have been taken care of by now.  It has to be a bigger issue to take this long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Status on Green's contract?:
    [QUOTE]It seems a bit strange since it has been a few weeks when they came out with "the deal is done".  The it was "it's imminent".  Now I don't know?  If it is just little things then they should have been taken care of by now.  It has to be a bigger issue to take this long.
    Posted by red2004sox[/QUOTE]

I agree.   "Little" things don't take this long.  They hit a snag and they are having a hard time getting past it, obviously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Green needs to visualize reality. If he performs well he is worth the contract ...If he doesn't he needs to take less. We have several new studs who might be willing to pick up the task. A performance clause is in order!! Same for Wilcox!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

I suspect Jeff Green and DA are haggling over price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

David Falk is the Scott Boras of the NBA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

frankly it wont kill me if we tag joseph as pp's heir apparent and go with peaches for one more year at 2m, saving the 7m+ hit on green! green stinks at 3s and is not a better defender than peach.. so.... how many minutes are we looking here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]David Falk is the Scott Boras of the NBA!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    When it comes to a dealer like Ainge you have to wonder what is holding this up? The problem is what is he thinking?  Is he going to try to make a deal?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I wonder is Green as healthy as reported. The Celtics Dr's may have some apprehension.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Jeff Green is way better than Mickael Pietrus. It's not even close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

The deal is reportedly for $36M over four years. It's possible that the parties cannot yet come to agreement on how the total amount is to be distributed over the life of the contract. Also, DA may want to have a team option on the fourth year. Green, on the other hand, may be seeking a player option for the last year. The health issue definitely cannot be discounted as a cause for the delay.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Status on Green's contract?:
    [QUOTE]I trust that it will get done since Falk says it will but what's the hold up? I wonder could they be haggling over to front load or back load the contract. This was the one move I didn't understand how Ainge pulled off after giving $5M to Lee and $5M to Terry with the MLE to make up RA's $10M. Whatever Ainge did it worked just wondering what is causing the slowness.
    Posted by BirdLewsBias[/QUOTE]

Green would be the final move to lock down in this years off season. 4yr/$36-mil. is substantial. So, if you are a wheeler-dealer like DA, why would you close out the bargaining season so soon? I believe that he is still talking to other GM's behind the scenes to see if there is some sort of blockbuster that might be out there. Real businessmen understand that you don't commit until you have to. Jeff Green is a Celtic if Danny wants him. Period. The delay is due to the C's leaving the door open for an unpredictable opportunity to show itself, plain and simple. Thats what happens when you have the leverage over the player.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff Green is way better than Mickael Pietrus. It's not even close.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]
    Without a heart condition there is not doubt, but the guy had life altering heart surgery.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Jeff Green is way better than Mickael Pietrus. It's not even close."

True - but their contracts aren't close either. If Green underperforms his contract will weigh on the franchise. I hope his contract gets done but I'm skeptical he will come anywhere near to living up to it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Good points from the Commie Contrarian and from RallyC:

If the C's are not absolutely certain Green is worth $36M over 4yrs, then it wouldn't be crazy to fast track Kris Joseph and bring back Pietrius for one yr.

Brandon Bass , Sullinger, Kris Joseph and Pietrius could easily make up for Jeff Green's absence.....and would keep the Celtics financial situation from getting bogged down with an underperforming player.

ON THE OTHER HAND:

Ainge could be trying to place Green with a team that WILL guarantee all $36M over 4yrs.....you never know what may happen when Ainge goes shaking the tree.....patience patience patience all we need is just a little patience

Sections
Shortcuts